I've been looking at the Asus Transformer with the keyboard as a 'development' tablet. I've been wanting to be able to do web development on the go. Funny thing is it turns out that I've had one since last May. I don't know when it hit Appworld, but someone ported CodeAnywhere. This completes the puzzle for mobile basic web development on the Playbook.

CodeAnywhere provides a pretty good code editor with sftp to your site.

Telnet/ssh let's you work in your website.

Airbrowser allows you to move around and arrange any locally edited files.

I'm off to the Crackberry story to pick up a new Keyboard case.

If only RIM would include a gel skin with the keyboard so that you can use it out of the case and still keep it covered.
    03-16-12 11:41 PM
    Yup and its ranking top on JavaScript

Personally I'm not too fond of Airbrowser.
    03-17-12 12:48 AM
    Yup and its ranking top on JavaScript

Personally I'm not too fond of Airbrowser.
    I actually use File Browser but Airbrowser is free and pretty functional. Codeanywhere's is pretty basic and a nicer ftp client would be nice. There are many very cool development tools that I hope follow CodeAnywhere in porting to Playbook apps.

This is the type of app that's going to sell keyboards for RIM.
    03-17-12 01:46 AM
    Hi, many years have passed but... do you still have the Codeanywhere app installed?
    They removed it from BlackBerry World and the latest version won't work on gingerbread.
    So, it would be great if you could backup the apk using ghost commander and publish it here...

Posted via Z10
    02-12-15 02:55 AM
    If I've read it correctly, he's using the version made specifically for playbook which is found here https://codeanywhere.net/code-editor...berry-playbook. I don't believe that it's an android port.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:12 PM
    Android screenshots = android app
    The app is pretty advanced, I doubt they made it from scratch for the bb playbook (because free and the bb playbook had a very small share in 2012 - impossible to get ROI)
    02-12-15 01:00 PM
    I did not see any screen shots. Unless they don't show up on the cb app.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 02:00 PM
    On the website you linked, the screen shots are from android.
    It's impossible it was native, that would have required an huge amount of effort for nothing

Posted via Z10
    02-12-15 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD