BB10 maybe, but for heaven's sake roll out a Flash update....
    While we wait ever so patiently!!!!
    Have recently encountered many sites that tell me I need an update to Adobe flash, or I won't be able to access their videos. Grrrr...
    06-17-13 07:31 AM
    Are you sure these "requests" for a flash update and not some spam trying to get you to download virus or malware?
    06-17-13 07:36 AM
    None of the sites I use for watching videos ask for flash updates, it must be popups that are showing these are malware because I get these on my laptop as well as my playbook so its a false alarm with the flash there..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    06-17-13 07:47 AM
    Agreed on the fake popups. I've been seeing these show up in increasing frequency on sites in the last few months. These are NOT legit flash updates, and are rather malware trying to trick you into installing something.
    06-17-13 08:11 AM
    the only time I have seen a flash update request is when I use the Bbc iPlayer. it shows it for about 5 secs then plays the vid.....
    06-17-13 08:48 AM
    All Flash-based video is working fine on my PB, too -- tested in Origami browser, stock browser, and Tablet TV app.
    06-17-13 08:53 AM
    There are some Facebook games that used to work a while ago, that now state the latest version of Flash is required. Its the same on my Z10. And it doesn't matter how long I give it, it doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:35 PM
    Are you sure these "requests" for a flash update and not some spam trying to get you to download virus or malware?
    Just go to Yahoo, and open any video that uses Yahoo videos and not youtube or any other format. It will NOT work.
    06-17-13 07:38 PM
    Just go to Yahoo, and open any video that uses Yahoo videos and not youtube or any other format. It will NOT work.
    Yup. I was getting that last week with Firefox. I guess I had an old version of the plug-in.
    06-17-13 08:57 PM
    This is what I see on a lot of websites.
    Attached Thumbnails Just gimme a flash update....-img_00000208.jpg  
    06-17-13 11:15 PM
    There are some Facebook games that used to work a while ago, that now state the latest version of Flash is required. Its the same on my Z10. And it doesn't matter how long I give it, it doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    That's my situation as well! These are not malware intrusions, have never been asked to download anything....it's happened with YouTube videos and videos from the CBC (Canadian broadcasting ). Also movie trailers. It will say the file is not supported and that the latest edition of Flash is required
    06-18-13 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's worrisome that it happens on a Z10. That should have flash updated. Maybe BBRY license with Adobe is limited or something. Only BBRY can update the flash as Adobe doesn't support it anymore.
    06-18-13 08:32 AM
    Yeah it's been like that for a couple months. I'm hoping it gets updated at some point.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:59 AM
    Screen shot of Z10 screen (I get the same message on the PlayBook)

Just gimme a flash update....-img_00000203.png

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:02 AM
    Perhaps some didn't hear the news, but Adobe announced over a year and a half back that they would no longer continue developing flash for mobile devices.Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5 (Adobe Featured Blogs) So anyone waiting for a flash update will likely be waiting a good long time.
    06-18-13 11:52 AM
    Perhaps some didn't hear the news, but Adobe announced over a year and a half back that they would no longer continue developing flash for mobile devices.Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5 (Adobe Featured Blogs) So anyone waiting for a flash update will likely be waiting a good long time.
    Yeah, Adobe quit but I think somehow RIM licensed it? BBRY has maintained that they will still support flash. However, their flash is embedded in the OS because you can't just sideload it or get it from BB World. So if they licensed or are paying royalties, can BBRY themselves update flash code? If they get stuck on 11.2, it won't help much.
    06-18-13 12:07 PM
    Especially since they advertise Flash as a feature!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-18-13 01:47 PM