I don't have any problems but I'll accept your comments. However if the keyboard is updated please please don't make it like the Z10, please.
    You don't like the Z10's keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 01:59 PM
    And you are using a blackberry 10 device, and continue to be a member of crackberry because??

I love my Z10, and certainly do not think it's an abortion or a piece of crap. If it's not the device for you then that's your choice, but the rest of us here are quite happy with ours.

Posted via CB10
    No YOU are happy with yours! Read the Z10 threads? However we are all individuals and my view, which is just as valid as your view is that it's CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To clear up the other query you have, I don't use a bb10 device unless I'm out in the grounds which given the unusual weather we are having at the moment, ie sunshine, I am quite a lot. If bb had told me the truth about bb10 I would not have touched it with a signed blank check in my hand!

I frequent this forum for, and you may wish to sit down for this because it may be too much of a revelation for you to be able to understand, I am here because I like some of the members and respect their views which are unbiased and honest both in favor and against devices and decisions made by BB, you want to try it some time, it's good.

I have no idea apart from the fact that you may have had a bad day at the mine, why you wish to have a go at me but please don't! This reply is polite and subdued, the next one won't be!

ps and I don't care what title you hold!
    07-08-13 02:05 PM
    Have a go at you? It was a simple question..

You obviously have a profound hatred for the product.. and yet you use it anyway. I was curious as to why.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I never said or even implied it wasn't valid. But you go out of your way to tell the rest of us the device is crap as if this a fact, rather then saying the device isn't to your taste.

But if I'm understanding you correctly, my saying that I like my Z10, is not respectfull of other members opinions, but you not only saying that YOU don't like, but going to the extreme of saying that it's crap, and that everyone evolved in it should be fired.. is respectfull of other members opinions?

Anyway..I'm also not saying you are the only person on these forums that is displeased with your device, but you are FAR from the majority, and I am FAR from the only person who likes their Z10.

Enjoy your day!

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-08-13 02:20 PM
    I'm relatively new to the Blackberry World: i traded my Kindle Fire for a Blackberry Playbook. I was aware of the dearth of apps, but since my only interest was the cameras available on the Playbook, I was willing to take a chance.

I also use the following apps: Presenter's Edge, Business Cards, Advanced Camera, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Evernote. This allows me to carry a relatively small device that captures the significant information I collect in a day and share it with all my other devices.
    I was going to mention Advanced Camera but it seems you found that one. It is a nice app and works well. I created a fine timelapse of the installation of my Solar System on my home.
    07-08-13 02:52 PM
    Have a go at you? It was a simple question..

You obviously have a profound hatred for the product.. and yet you use it anyway. I was curious as to why.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I never said or even implied it wasn't valid. But you go out of your way to tell the rest of us the device is crap as if this a fact, rather then saying the device isn't to your taste.

But if I'm understanding you correctly, my saying that I like my Z10, is not respectfull of other members opinions, but you not only saying that YOU don't like, but going to the extreme of saying that it's crap, and that everyone evolved in it should be fired.. is respectfull of other members opinions?

Anyway..I'm also not saying you are the only person on these forums that is displeased with your device, but you are FAR from the majority, and I am FAR from the only person who likes their Z10.

Enjoy your day!

Posted via CB10
    Sadly most people that have been forced by their employer or by the mistake of signing a two year contract... have developed a profound hatred. Thus the high dissatisfaction rate the JD Powers gave BlackBerry last year. And the fact that they are loosing so many customers now.

As for the Z10 it is a nice piece of hardware other than the camera and battery life I can't complain. The OS is quick and responsive and easy to learn, but it wan't really ready for it debut and that turn off a lot of new buyers.

The one question I'd really like to know from the Stock Holder Meeting is what has the return rate been on the Z10 - how many Z10 PINS are now active and connected to the network?
    07-08-13 03:40 PM
    That my friend they will never tell you because it would be too embarrassing for them. If you want the answer just look at the share price of RIM and ask yourself why when bb10 has only been on the market less that six months are they resurrecting OS7?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 04:00 PM
    Forget apps. Without BB10, they will stop supporting the current OS very soon, regardless of what they say.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-08-13 04:12 PM
    The big reason people are upset that BB10 isn't coming to PB is because it means that the tablet is essentially End of Life (End-of-life (product) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

If RIM abandons development of its tablet, then third-party developers surely will. Nobody will develop more apps for it; what you have now with the PB is all that will ever be, both with its OS and the apps available to it.

It's like having a Palm Pilot from 1999. Sure you can still use it if you want, but it's long forgotten. RIM has told us that it's moving on past the PB and wants to forget about it ASAP.
    07-09-13 12:03 AM
    The big reason people are upset that BB10 isn't coming to PB is because it means that the tablet is essentially End of Life (End-of-life (product) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

If RIM abandons development of its tablet, then third-party developers surely will. Nobody will develop more apps for it; what you have now with the PB is all that will ever be, both with its OS and the apps available to it.

It's like having a Palm Pilot from 1999. Sure you can still use it if you want, but it's long forgotten. RIM has told us that it's moving on past the PB and wants to forget about it ASAP.
    Yup, ^what he said.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:08 AM
    I use my PlayBook daily, more than I use my laptop now. It's a great size and does most of what I want. While an app desert is not the best of situations, I'm not sure what BB10 would add. The browser is a little slow sometimes, but it does do flash, something other tablets do not do. Sure BB10 would be cool, but does not having it make me dislike my PlayBook? No.
    07-09-13 07:11 AM
    I'm relatively new to the Blackberry World: i traded my Kindle Fire for a Blackberry Playbook. I was aware of the dearth of apps, but since my only interest was the cameras available on the Playbook, I was willing to take a chance. That was back in February 2013, and I have made a lot of progress towards making the Playbook useful to me. Before I go on, let me state for the record that i also own an iPad 3 and an old Honeycomb based Android Tablet.

I use the Playbook as my primary contact manager and scheduler, thru the DejaOffice App. This works really well for me because i also use Companionlink for Outlook, which makes it possible for me to sync all of my devices.

I also use the following apps: Presenter's Edge, Business Cards, Advanced Camera, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Evernote. This allows me to carry a relatively small device that captures the significant information I collect in a day and share it with all my other devices.

I will grant you that there is not much to love about the App World and sideloaded versions of popular Android Apps may not be ideal (or available). That being said, the technology found in the Playbook is still very robust and worth the few extra steps I take to make it pay off.

Lastly, I have little to no worries that someone will attempt to steal it, so I use it to read Kindle Books on the train to and from work. I can't say i ever felt safe pulling out my iPad.
    Welcome to the forum. Many of us have love hate relationship. PB is a pretty good tablet compare to what's out there in the market. It has huge potential if the manufacturer would give a second look and follow through it's promise and give it some update. Not to mention releasing a more functional BB10 playbook.
    FF22, just_luc and sad_old_man like this.
    07-09-13 07:46 AM
    Welcome to the forum. Many of us have love hate relationship. PB is a pretty good tablet compare to what's out there in the market. It has huge potential if the manufacturer would give a second look and follow through it's promise and give it some update. Not to mention releasing a more functional BB10 playbook.
    I think many of us were hoping we could soon be able to upgrade our two year old playbooks for a new BlackBerry tablet. But at this point we pretty much are going to be forced to leave the Rimpire and join the rebels who have either an Android or Apple tablet.

Will that make us true rebels?
    We we become immersed the these foreign ecosystems?
    Will we start to believe that the Rimpire was an old backwards way to live?
    Will we put behind us all that the Rimpire stood for and fully join the rebels and use their phones as well as tablet?

I think the frustration many feel is that if BBRY gives up on us... why shouldn't we give up on them?
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-09-13 07:58 AM
    Very simple statement that sums things up nicely.
    just_luc likes this.
    07-09-13 09:00 AM
    I think many of us were hoping we could soon be able to upgrade our two year old playbooks for a new BlackBerry tablet. But at this point we pretty much are going to be forced to leave the Rimpire and join the rebels who have either an Android or Apple tablet.

Will that make us true rebels?
    We we become immersed the these foreign ecosystems?
    Will we start to believe that the Rimpire was an old backwards way to live?
    Will we put behind us all that the Rimpire stood for and fully join the rebels and use their phones as well as tablet?

I think the frustration many feel is that if BBRY gives up on us... why shouldn't we give up on them?
    Another good summation. BBRY will have forced pb users to look elsewhere for more full featured tablets or "modern" tablets that are faster or have better resolution or better or more apps. Once users adopt those other manufacturers' tablets, they may also go looking at their phones. Yes, there may only be a half million or a million or even two million users but that's still a goodly number of potential customers who are unhappy with the sudden negative resolution of a year's promises.
    just_luc and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-09-13 09:06 AM
    Another good summation. BBRY will have forced pb users to look elsewhere for more full featured tablets or "modern" tablets that are faster or have better resolution or better or more apps. Once users adopt those other manufacturers' tablets, they may also go looking at their phones. Yes, there may only be a half million or a million or even two million users but that's still a goodly number of potential customers who are unhappy with the sudden negative resolution of a year's promises.
    To be honest I'm not ready to adopt a new tablet. I'm hoping my pbs will last me a couple more years. By then I'm hoping other manufacturers steal and duplicate the best feature on playbook and make it even better. Naturally, I will be moving away from my Z10 as well.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-09-13 09:16 AM
    Your talking about just PlayBook owners that will have to at some point go get a new non BB tablet. But the key here is EVERYONE right now has no BB option. From BB fans that didn't jump on the PlayBook bandwagon in the beginning, to Business that want to deploy a tablet like device to just your average person that maybe doesn't even own a smartphone yet but that are looking for a tablet. All of them will be forced to "invest" in another platform - once invested it will be only natural to build on that investment!

The BB10 Platform isn't suppose to be about one or two devices, but about a whole ecosystem. TH keeps talking about Mobile Computing... so what is the next step in Mobile Computing for him? If he is waiting until technology catches up and allows smartphones to just plug into a dock on your desk and connect to your home or work network to be used like a terminal station... BBRY is going to be left far, far behind by then.

The sad fact is I don't think BBRY can compete as a hardware manufacture or as an OS company - they have neither the talent, the CASH nor the buying power to compete with the likes of Samsung. Think that they are really counting on their services - MDM via BES10 - and now maybe BBM - to allow the company to go forward if the BB10 platform doesn't succeed.
    07-09-13 02:51 PM
    To be honest I'm not ready to adopt a new tablet. I'm hoping my pbs will last me a couple more years. By then I'm hoping other manufacturers steal and duplicate the best feature on playbook and make it even better. Naturally, I will be moving away from my Z10 as well.
    Just read Consumer Reports this morning at the doc's office (annual hearing (ay, what'd you say!)). They had one telling comment - most users will adopt the same platform on their phones and tablets. Seems Thor has abandoned more than just the pb then. They did close with suggesting folks EXPERIMENT - well, pb users stepped off the cliff in this experiment!
    07-09-13 04:12 PM
    Your talking about just PlayBook owners that will have to at some point go get a new non BB tablet. But the key here is EVERYONE right now has no BB option. From BB fans that didn't jump on the PlayBook bandwagon in the beginning, to Business that want to deploy a tablet like device to just your average person that maybe doesn't even own a smartphone yet but that are looking for a tablet. All of them will be forced to "invest" in another platform - once invested it will be only natural to build on that investment!

The BB10 Platform isn't suppose to be about one or two devices, but about a whole ecosystem. TH keeps talking about Mobile Computing... so what is the next step in Mobile Computing for him? If he is waiting until technology catches up and allows smartphones to just plug into a dock on your desk and connect to your home or work network to be used like a terminal station... BBRY is going to be left far, far behind by then.

The sad fact is I don't think BBRY can compete as a hardware manufacture or as an OS company - they have neither the talent, the CASH nor the buying power to compete with the likes of Samsung. Think that they are really counting on their services - MDM via BES10 - and now maybe BBM - to allow the company to go forward if the BB10 platform doesn't succeed.
    That's what I just posted above - Consumer Reports, paraphrasing: "Most users will adopt the same platform for phone and tablets."

Maybe he does plan on that dumb tablet extension "SOON" but has there been any sign of it. Of course, SOON in rim and now bbry speak could mean, well, just around the corner or in the next decade!
    07-09-13 04:15 PM
    And that is the exact problem. For me the Playbook was a launchpad into the Blackberry World. Now that I've been burned I refuse to purchase another BBRY device. A litte gun-shy about the future support.

Not saying I wouldn't use one if I won one though
    07-09-13 04:24 PM
    Real qualms - promises of new features in BB10 that will now no longer come to the PB. Don't give me BB10, fine. But give me my USB OTG, Browser fixes, and ability to use cross platform apps like Skype. I know, no-one wants to hear about Skype, but when you have family across the Globe it is still the most widely used.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-09-13 04:26 PM
    Real qualms - promises of new features in BB10 that will now no longer come to the PB. Don't give me BB10, fine. But give me my USB OTG, Browser fixes, and ability to use cross platform apps like Skype. I know, no-one wants to hear about Skype, but when you have family across the Globe it is still the most widely used.
    In that case, I prefer BBM coming to playbook since BBM is going to cross platform soon.
    07-10-13 06:32 PM
    I purchased the Playbook the day it was released and have used it everyday since. I kept using the Playbook even though the apps just weren't coming. I made due because I liked the form factor and I am a BB fan. When it was announced officially that BB10 was not coming to the Playbook I knew that there would be no more updates and no new apps or the big name apps coming. I went out and bought an iPad mini and it is amazing and something I wish the Playbook was.

I will say this the Playbook suited my needs 80% of the time, I got 2 years use of it without any major issues and I have no regrets. I should also point that I kept the Playbook and used it to its potential because of Kevin, the Crackberry team and the forum contributors. I am sure I am not alone in this and TH and Blackberry owe Kevin big time for keeping Playbook owners interested and engaged.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-13 07:07 PM
    the PIM clients are slow as crap on the PB. The browser has and always will be worse than other mobile browsers. app/games will not get updated now and many will never come (netflix, hulu, skype, etc).

Now all of the above is my opinion for the most part but putting OS 10 on there would pretty much fix all of that. Plus the company has been promising better things to come and BB10 for the PB for over a year. Even with BB10 on the PB it wont magically make it into a best selling tablet and with lack of RAM it wont run great either IMO but following thru with promises is something that the RIM of old was known for and now it continues under its new persona of BB.
    09-08-13 04:00 PM
    For me, going from mh Z10 to my playbook, the gaping holes and thinks that annoy me the keyboard and the browser.

I don't care how many people tell you the browser is fast on the PB... it is noticably slower than the BB10browser in my experience.

My other concern is that if we are not getting BB10 that the devices are simply now waiting to die. There will be no further significant development of the platform and at some point the world will simply move on and leave the PB behind.

The same, I suppose could be said for any piece of hardware, but I suppose it just hurts a little more when we've now had confirmation.

Its like being told your PlayBook is dying, there is nothing more they can do and all you can do at this point is enjoy your remaining time together.

tapped using Android Runtime CBForums from my PlayBook
    09-08-13 06:41 PM
    The PB has a slower processor and half the RAM of the new BB phones. They ought to run faster on a lot of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-09-13 03:22 AM
50 12