It is July 2015, and does anyone still use their blackberry playbook? I still use mine off and on, but as of late, I feel like it is time to move on. I wish blackberry would make a tablet with BB10. Your thoughts?
    ultra07 likes this.
    07-25-15 10:16 PM
    i use mine as a large alarm and a music player. I personally would not buy another playbook. the mini ipad i have does everything i need.
    07-26-15 07:13 AM
    There is no perfect tablet and one should not just have one. Yes, I still use my PBs regularly. I travel with them alot with my music and movies. I would rather bridge to my Z30 then access free wifi. The remote control is great. My browsing speed is acceptable and I usually get the desktop webpage. Not a mobile one. Maybe because I never sideloaded any Android apps. I have enough android devices to use those. Also a Windows tab. They all have strengths and weaknesses. In fact, never seen anything that has the great front facing speakers that the PB has.Yes, I'd buy a BB10 tablet if they ever made one but I don't think it is gonna happen.
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-26-15 07:36 AM
    Sometimes. Amazon Instant Video works through the Origami Browser, and my 4 year old can use other websites like PBS Kids.

It really wasn't a bad device, although browsing on it now seems really slow compared to current tech.

I think its biggest problem was that the press decimated it (along with BlackBerry in general) and it never got a chance to turn into a fully formed product, much less a product line.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    07-26-15 11:03 AM
    I still do.

I take it with me on trips instead of taking along my laptop. I use it for internet radio, watching documentaries on YouTube-watching video's I have preloaded, Email, browsing all the boards I'm a member of and for just general web browsing. For the most part I use fast browser and when necessary, Origami. It still has a place in my repertoire of devices. I especially like the 64Gb storage capacity- video resolution and audio quality.

Just came back from a small vacation. It was packed in my luggage and used every day.
    07-26-15 02:45 PM
    All the time. I use it for browsing on the couch, watching podcasts, streaming UFC events to my big screen, eBay, craigslist, listening to music, watching showbox, playing SNES games, playing scummvm games.

I honestly don't see why everyone says the PlayBook sucks so much. I see no need for any other tablet at this time.

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 and darkhawk like this.
    07-26-15 02:57 PM
    I use mine every day to browse Internet and for streaming movies and paying bills. Last month I started using my Z30 for those purposed and my PB battery went dead and couldn't take a charge. I almost went depressed, thanks to CB I was told to slap it over the battery area and it is back. I'm starting to believe BlackBerry devices are inmortal.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.2.2339
    ultra07 likes this.
    07-26-15 08:15 PM
    Yeah its still in my rotation. I used it mainly for web browsing. And bridge with my passport. Only thing I hate about it is the start up time. Take forever. Wish Chen would make a tablet with BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 10:27 PM
    Yep. I have two of them...
    Great video player for the kids on a long car ride.
    I also use it as an eReader and my kids for games.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 10:42 PM
    Those who have the PlayBook, what is the main thing that keeps you using it?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 11:17 PM
    I still use my banking website on it. Love the bridge to Internet function since I don't have hotspot on my plan. Mostly, though, the PlayBook is my safety net when I receive strange links/emails. The kids have their movies and music on it. Every once in a while, I get a hankering for game apps, but it usually passes after I look a the permissions required.
    07-26-15 11:24 PM
    Wish they made the PlayBook in a 10 inch form

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-27-15 12:14 AM
    I still use mine for work, I have all my service/repair manuals stored on it, and most of my music too. But I use my ipad air for most everything else, mainly because of the bigger screen and faster processor. I would definitely buy a 10" playbook 2 with BB10 and it would then replace my ipad. Still very sad it didn't get BB10 and support was dropped but I guess that's just the way it is.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-27-15 12:23 AM
    I have it in front of me.

I listen to Slacker on it every morning. I bought it used on eBay and I like it. I'm not a big fan of the fruit.
    07-27-15 07:10 AM
    I have one of each: 16gb (daughters), 32gb (just upgraded from), 64gb (current). I use the 64gb for music, movies, web browsing, database capabilities, script writing (2 so far), book writing (2 published).
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-27-15 07:16 AM
    PlayBook is still rocking...and they wrote it off long ago! Three in my household!

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-27-15 08:19 AM
    I using my Playbook every day for streaming video. I think that Playbook is still very good and solid tablet!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 11:20 AM
    Those who have the PlayBook, what is the main thing that keeps you using it?

Posted via CB10
    Video and audio quality.
    07-27-15 12:21 PM
    I quit using mine a couple years ago when I got a windows tablet that did everything so much better.
    07-27-15 12:27 PM
    Moved on to a Samsung tablet 6 months ago, recuperating (very painfully) all my notes and data.
    Even though I don't use google apps (not even gmail), the google concern that initially drove me to Blackberry now pushed me to order a Jolla tablet some weeks ago -waiting for it.
    Jolla is one of the rare tablets remaining independent from Google and Apple IMHO. (I understand Ubuntu is also preparing something, but that sounds less mature.)
    The Blackberry Playbook has been my first tablet, the very one where I learned what really is of importance for me on these devices.
    I recently tried to turn mine into an animated picture frame, but having no stand (and very little time) I'm not sur it really will survive this way.
    I also tried, for my Paris flat, to load an app that'd show real time the bus lines statuses, but said app was a bit clunky and in the end didn't load properly. This was sad, for I'd have loved maintaining the tablet on a wall, knowing exactly when to get out to the bus station�
    H.
    07-27-15 12:36 PM
    Still using the PB everyday mainly to check email and weather forecast. Kids use it for games and as a videocam. During trips, it works great as a videoplayer for the kids. Sure, it's more or less obsolete but still is useful. At least, useful enough to not get rid of it.
    07-27-15 07:21 PM
    Have not used mine in a long time and I doubt that I ever will.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:36 PM
    We have three of them and are used daily. Email, listen to music, video chat, doc-to-go ect.. I rather us it than my Surface table even though the PlayBook browser is slower than a snails as.
    We have been having problems with video chat. It keeps saying that an error occurred or can't connect to server.
    Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 08:57 PM
    The PlayBook is still great for videos via HDMI and music. Although my main music player isn't playing nice at the moment. And it's nice to mess around with the UI every now and then, too bad the gestures are stuck on the PlayBook OS. And if the stock browser or origami browser were to be updated to get latest securities, I'd browse with it again.

And yes, I bought the PlayBook based off of the promise of BB10 .....

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Last edited by sibeans; 07-28-15 at 07:08 PM.
    07-27-15 09:10 PM
    I use mine for work, but rarely. Mostly listen to podcasts, surf, and email at home. Shame blackberry didn't make BB10 tablet to run with everyone else.
    07-28-15 04:57 AM
54 123