Well aside from the playbook goodies... I don't understand why does RIM send their reps instead of advertising... ?

Well anyway... RIM outsources their reps to marketing firms... they give them the device for 4-6 weeks... and make them stand in the tablet section at best buys... when i started talking about canadians, she got confused, then I asked, did you know that RIM is Canadian? She said no. I am like Aside from that...

She used it a week and had version 1660's or 70's,. I am not sure but def higher than 1628. She said she got another update this morn. So RIM is really pushing their updates. I asked how long is the battery life.. she told 10. I asked, 10 you or what RIM is telling you, she told me he has been getting 10 out of it after all day of doing a demo.... So I was at bestbuy 5:30PM and battery level was 14% (store opens 11am). She said she charged in the morning, so I am guessing since 11am in the store, plus it using it herself...

I asked about if you had any memory problems, she said no.
    I asked if had been lagging since you got it, she said no.
    I asked her, what you think of it? She loves it... but she said she never used an ipad.
    I asked about bridge, she said it doesn't work yet.
    She told me she is a student and loves to take notes on it.
    I asked about if any playbook haters visited the store.. she said yes... they said reviews are bad and refused to use the device.
    I mentioned about the power button, she didn't even think about it.
    In conclusion she said she wants to buy this device as soon as her company takes it away from her...

Oh by the way, I did try the XOOM, it felt heavy and the UI felt laggy... i gave up on it fast
    Last edited by slingxshot; 04-17-11 at 06:53 PM. Reason: because
    04-17-11 05:00 PM
    wow , thats 2 minutes of my life i will never get back , thanks RIM marketing firm rep...... Was she blond by chance?? LOL :P
    04-17-11 05:04 PM
    wow , thats 2 minutes of my life i will never get back , thanks RIM marketing firm rep...... Was she blond by chance?? LOL :P
    No, but very good looking one.
    04-17-11 05:04 PM
    Pics of the rep or it didn't happen
    bbaleno likes this.
    04-17-11 05:24 PM
    Here, let me undo the handcuffs, so you cant get back to your COUGH*pathetic*COUGH life. j/k
    04-17-11 05:44 PM
    Did you get the reps phone number?

I am with Chipchop, no pics of the rep (and the PB) then it didn't happen...

PG
    04-17-11 06:34 PM
    Did you get the reps phone number?

I am with Chipchop, no pics of the rep (and the PB) then it didn't happen...

PG
    I would have if I was single...
    04-17-11 06:40 PM
    is the bridge suppose to work by launch day
    04-17-11 06:43 PM
    I can't believe people come in just to diss it and refuse to use one. um. THEY HAVEN'T USED ONE?! reviews are only part of the equations, lol!
    mynameisme likes this.
    04-17-11 07:32 PM
    ... I don't understand why does RIM send their reps instead of advertising... ?
    Do you just think it might be because all the reps mentioned have been HOT. That usually gets more attention than print ads.

What I can't figure out is why so darn many of you come back and tell us about the hot looking reps but not a one of you could be bothered to post a picture.
    04-17-11 08:19 PM
    no kidding, BBs do have cameras you know lol
    04-17-11 08:38 PM
    Slingxshot with those stellar writing skills you must be a wordsmith dwelling in the bowels of your mother's house. Geez if I could reach out and smack you upside the head you'd be seeing stars not alledgedly attractive RIM marketing representatives. Has the IQ of crackberry fallen recently? ;-)
    04-17-11 08:51 PM
    No, but very good looking one.
    So she was a blonde?

Lol, I say talking to rep in person is better than seeing a "perfect" item on tv.
    04-17-11 09:01 PM
    Ya thats not creepy taking some chicks photo in Best Buy.

I cannot wait for Blackberry World next month. The vendor booth girls are very nice.
    04-17-11 09:11 PM
    The bridge works, Kevin got his working. It STILL has some things yet to be done, but it's working.
    04-17-11 09:18 PM
    Ya thats not creepy taking some chicks photo in Best Buy.

I cannot wait for Blackberry World next month. The vendor booth girls are very nice.
    Rep: "SECURITY!!!"
    04-17-11 09:19 PM
    I would have if I was single...
    Minor inconvenience....
    I can't believe people come in just to diss it and refuse to use one. um. THEY HAVEN'T USED ONE?! reviews are only part of the equations, lol!
    I do the same thing with iPads.... Never used one and diss them all the time.

An iPad is an iPhone that has a bigger screen so old people can see it....

PG
    Place.of.mind likes this.
    04-17-11 10:15 PM
    RIM reps are like strippers. They'll tell you anything you want to hear.

Oh yeah and this thread is useless without pics. Lol
    04-18-11 01:27 AM
    Slingxshot with those stellar writing skills you must be a wordsmith dwelling in the bowels of your mother's house. Geez if I could reach out and smack you upside the head you'd be seeing stars not alledgedly attractive RIM marketing representatives. Has the IQ of crackberry fallen recently? ;-)
    Based on this post, Id say its fallen...

04-18-11 02:20 AM
    Based on this post, Id say its fallen...

I don't bother with grammar in forums, sorry folks..
    04-18-11 08:47 AM
    is the bridge suppose to work by launch day

From what I was told at Staples, the answer is no..They will have an update that will include the bridge this summer..
    04-18-11 11:37 AM
    I don't think that listening to Staples will get you your best info. We've seen Bridge in action. If it's not out by the end of the month I'd be surprised.
    04-18-11 11:49 AM
    From what I was told at Staples, the answer is no..They will have an update that will include the bridge this summer..
    I don't think that listening to Staples will get you your best info. We've seen Bridge in action. If it's not out by the end of the month I'd be surprised.
    Supposed to be available tomorrow at launch.
    04-18-11 11:55 AM
    Bridge has to work at launch or NO ONE (BB owners or non-BB owners) will have email, calendar, or contacts on the Playbook.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-18-11 12:02 PM
    Bridge has to work at launch or NO ONE (BB owners or non-BB owners) will have email, calendar, or contacts on the Playbook.
    And guess what! Some of us don't care.
    04-18-11 12:12 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD