I just bought the playbook (64GB) after going through Crackberry reviews. The hardware feels good.

Tried setting it up. Chose the Wi-Fi network and put in time. Unfortunately when I go to 'Agreement' page it does not give me a list to select from. That is causing me not go forward. I restarted; but it comes right back to the same screen. Please help.
    07-16-11 07:19 AM
    I had the same problem when I got my pb, went straight back to the store and traded it for a new one...
    07-16-11 07:49 AM
    try it again, you may have missed something. it also took me a while to set it up. I think RIM needs to simplify its set up..i actually find the set up process complicated and i am a long time gadget user..i know of many people who got frustrated with the set up process and gave it up for something else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 08:56 AM
    May be a problem with your router. Which one do you have and what setting? PB doesnt play nice with dlink.

PsyCorps likes this.
    07-16-11 09:06 AM
    try on another wifi connection, just the setup part.
    PsyCorps likes this.
    07-16-11 09:11 AM
    Check to see if it is one of the units under recall by RIM

Tim
    07-16-11 09:48 AM
    What country are you in? The agreement part of the setup requires internet connectivity to retrieve the agreement specific to your country.

I can't remember the order of the initial setup, but did it download the OS update, or does that happen after the agreement page? You may just have an internet connectivity problem and may have to try another router or a friends wifi.
    07-16-11 09:48 AM
    I had watched a video on youtube about unbox and setting up the playbook. So when I brought mine home, I sat with it and the video...and just did everything step by step. I was glad I had the video to watch, it was a bit intimidating. Maybe I got lucky...but everything worked, and now, a couple of months later, my playbook is still my most used best loved "gadget."
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-16-11 03:08 PM
    I had the same problem/symptom. It turned out there was an issue with the combination of the wifi router and the playbook, not previously experienced with any other devices. I also suggest you follow same suggestions above of trying with another wifi router connection. (If you can tether through a cell phone and don't want to download the full update then you can at least prove you can get to the country menu step).....if it does, you then have to resolve the router/ setup.
    07-16-11 06:25 PM
    Check to see if it is one of the units under recall by RIM

Tim
    Only 16Gb models were recalled from memory, could be wrong.

07-16-11 06:41 PM
    Try resetting the router by unplugging the power.

Then make sure ssid is not hidden and turn off the security to set up PB.

After that is done, turn on security and set up wifi.

07-16-11 06:48 PM
    I just bought the playbook (64GB) after going through Crackberry reviews. The hardware feels good.

Tried setting it up. Chose the Wi-Fi network and put in time. Unfortunately when I go to 'Agreement' page it does not give me a list to select from. That is causing me not go forward. I restarted; but it comes right back to the same screen. Please help.
    You posted this in the morning but have not come back onto CB to see if anyone did help you or not.

Seems like a waste of our time...

Tim
    07-16-11 07:53 PM
    Friend had this problem after a security wipe. He got frustrated and turned it off and about 5 hours later turned it on to show me and it went right through. This was under the same conditions (router and router config) as before when he couldn't select a country. No idea why but I would just turned it off and try again 10-15 minutes later. This shouldn't make a difference but it might.
    07-16-11 09:03 PM
    All,

My sincere apologies for the long TAT (turn around time & not The Astonishing Tribe )

I bought it from Singapore Changi Airport as prices are lower tha retail prices in India. Tried the Changi WiFi and it did not work.

I reached home to find out my own WiFi router is not working after a long business trip. Going to fix it tomorrow (No support on Sundays ) and try again. I will post the outcome tomorrow.

I want to thank all of you for your response. I feel relieved that it might be a WiFi problem than the PlayBook being defective and that is a huge relief for me.
    I have posted a picture of my PlayBook on Twitter @HaveLegsWillRun. Hopefully, I am able to set it up tomorrow.

07-17-11 06:00 AM
    Didn't think about that one, mine was really DOA but of course I should have thought about his wifi!
    07-17-11 05:06 PM
    All,

My PlayBook is now up and running and it seems to be a WiFi router issue. The BB support team suggested that the initial set up could not done over a unprotected network and hence I could not do it at the Airport.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to some great use on my PB.

07-20-11 03:17 AM
    02-09-12 12:09 PM
    May be a problem with your router. Which one do you have and what setting? PB doesnt play nice with dlink.

My D-Link router works beautifully with my PB. Haven't had one issue with it and it didn't require any special setup. I simply chose WPA2, set the password and boom it just works!!!
    02-09-12 12:20 PM
    I found this thread because I had the exact same issue. The drop-down to select a country was blank, so I couldn't accept the T's & C's. I went back, verified all previous settings, and it continued to bring me to a black country list...

I knew I'd find help on CB.com. After searching for a few minutes, and hearing that others had the problem and it "fixed itself", I decided to go and take another look...and Eureka! United States is there! And I was able to agree to the terms! There was nothing wrong with my router (I'm using it now for the laptop), and I didn't have to reboot it. I believe the problem is that the PB took a while to download whatever resources were necessary in order to display the list of countries and the relevant terms that go with it. They should add a notification to this page that indicates that the step could take a few minutes...

I'm now a happy camper!

Thanks Everyone!
    Keith
    03-07-12 02:17 PM
    Had the same problem, which was result of connectivity issues with the wifi router. My PB doesn't like routers that change channels to avoid interference. They have to be set on a single channel.
    03-07-12 03:22 PM
    I have this problem right now and nothing seems to be working .

The only wi-fi I have to use is a proxy server wi-fi on campus, except it's a mission to connect it, but when I do, the country list is blank.
    08-24-12 04:10 AM
    happened to a friend of mine last week, he called customer care who sent the software to his laptop he then plugged his playbook into the laptop and from there is was able to get everything up and runninng,thks tony
    Last edited by danzainvisible; 08-24-12 at 06:21 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    08-24-12 06:20 AM
    Why is this so damn difficult to setup? Blackberry are so full of .
    08-24-12 09:13 AM
    Swipe BACK and then forward (on the swipe-area in the bottom of the screen)
    That should fix it
    08-24-12 10:00 AM
    I'm getting a new error now.

"Could not connect to update server(2011)"

Sometimes I get: "Could not connect to update server(3001)"

So frustrating. 4 days since I got this new one, and still no success. I feel like throwing this stupid thing in the garbage now.
    08-24-12 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD