hi guys after debating it for over 6 month i finally bought a playbook! and its seems solid build im loving the ui but im having some problems first i bought from ebay used like new its in exellent condittion but only the right speaker seems to work and sometimes the right also stops tobwork and i dont hear ant sound is this a software issue or should i send it back to seller asap? also im a little dissapointed in the speeds of the internet via bridge from sprint 9900 irs very slow.. and i thiugh i will be able to listen to music or videos from my phone on my playbook and i cant even transfer files between the two so i dont see whats the use for bridge files . anyways im definitely going to stay with the playbook my question only is if i shiuld send this back and get a otherbone cause of the speaker? as always thanks guys
    01-08-12 11:08 AM
    The speaker soumds like a hardware issue. You can try to to insert and headphone in the jack and remove. I'm not sure how the PB works but that has happened to me with other devices and that worked.
    There are 3rd party apps that will transfer files between devices if you decide to keep it. Files and folders is one and I have streamed music and video from the phone. Over bluetooth it's a little slow.
    I wouldn't spend much time trying to fix it. Send it back if it doesnt work.
    I remember a member posting about a speaker problem and applying pressure around the speaker would restore sound. If that is the case it is most certainly a hardware issue.
    01-08-12 11:27 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    01-08-12 11:46 AM
    Try listening to the PB while playing a youtube vid, or the demo vid that came with the PB....some music may have been recorded or what you recorded may not be a good copy. Just make sure it's not really a hardware issue.
    Chaddface and jafobabe like this.
    01-08-12 11:53 AM
    I listened to youtube and it was only from right speaker then I also had now that none of the speakers worked while listening to youtube even when I plugged in headphones silent even though I did hear the clicks on all buttons from right speaker.. Funny
    01-08-12 12:00 PM
    Interesting....sounds like the PB has been "flagged" if you ask me.

Seriously, either return/exchange if you bought local, or call RIM. If you bought it from an internet store, and their return/exchange policy is fraught with nut busting loopholes, call RIM and tell them it's a new unit with non working speakers.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 12:04 PM
    Clicks from the keyboard can be heard through both speakers and both channels with headphones but other audio only plays from one channel?
    That's odd.
    A reload of the OS may fix that issue. Might be worth a try before returning it.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 12:07 PM
    A three button reset might work too.... all these tips are in the thread below my signature.

You might want to call RIM Support for the speaker issue.

The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-08-12 at 12:11 PM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-08-12 12:08 PM
    There is a place on RIM's site to enter your serial number and see if you are still eligable for free tech support. If it's a used PB that 90 days may be up. I'm curious how warranties transfer between users.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 12:12 PM
    Clicks from the keyboard can be heard through both speakers and both channels with headphones but other audio only plays from one channel?
    That's odd.
    A reload of the OS may fix that issue. Might be worth a try before returning it.
    how do u disable that keyboard clicking sound? its very annoying, thanks
    01-08-12 12:16 PM
    Ok I'll try to load new os maybe the 2.0 beta and see if. I still have the problem if I do I can ys return it till 30 days as I bought it from ebay. Thanks guys I'll keep u posted
    01-08-12 12:22 PM
    Clicks can only be heard from one speaker but even on times that the music was totaly silent both speakers didn't work I still heard the keyboard clicks from right speraker
    That's odd.
    01-08-12 12:24 PM
    I would avoid the beta for trouble shooting. The de-brick process will reload the latest official OS.
    Jafobabe had a simple guide for the process. Maybe it's in the sticky?
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 12:36 PM
    @Chaddface, yes it's in the sticky.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook off by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-08-12 at 12:40 PM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-08-12 12:37 PM
    If you're hearing anything at all from the right speaker it doesn't sound like a hardware issue. unless it's highly distorted...and then still not likely hardware.
    I don't think loading OS 2.0 will do anything, but debrick or OS reload may. Listen to JAFO!
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 01:02 PM
    how do u disable that keyboard clicking sound? its very annoying, thanks
    Main OPTIONS, Sounds, there's a slider to adjust the volume.
    01-08-12 01:18 PM
    if after you try doing a hard reset or complete factory reset and you still have speaker problems then you should contact the ebay seller who sold you the playbook
    01-08-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD