Hello cb,
    I need help with my PlayBook,
    What is the primary use of a PlayBook and tell me some good apps! Is it better than the I pad 1 and 2?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 05:37 AM
    Lol chill, I got it for 50 bucks unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-15-14 06:25 AM
    Audio, video, books, some browsing

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-15-14 07:41 AM
    Kalemsoft media player is a must though at $4.99 it's a bit pricey.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:42 AM
    Get Origami browser a better browser than stock imo and it's free.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:43 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:58 AM
    its probably worth about 50 bucks . hardware is better, but hardware is useless without apps and vood software.
    good as a media viewer, that's about it really
    06-15-14 08:20 AM
    Ignore the cynics.

Try here for a good list of apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...k-gold-927131/

I'd also get familiar with sideloading Android apps. Check the Android subforum.
    06-15-14 08:22 AM
    Gameloft games are pretty good if you want to play some games.

EA games too.

I loved:
    Dead Space (EA)
    Monopoly (EA)
    N.O.V.A 3 (Gameloft)
    Modern Combat 4 (Gameloft)

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-15-14 08:49 AM
    Not sure why you would buy a end of life dead product. Should have bought a nexus 7 2nd gen or iPad mini.

Playbook is sloooooooow.
    06-15-14 09:12 AM
    Not sure why you would buy a end of life dead product. Should have bought a nexus 7 2nd gen or iPad mini.

Playbook is sloooooooow.
    Maybe because it was $50?

I got my 64gb for 100 right before they announced that bb10 wasn't coming to the Playbook, I still used it because where else was I going to get a 64gb tablet for 100 pounds.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and Elite1 like this.
    06-15-14 09:33 AM
    Playbooks are great as long as they are working. I used mine everyday for as long as I had it. It eventually wouldn't pick up wifi anymore so I got the Nexus 7. Its just okay. I use it if I have to, not often as it turns out since I got my Z30. Paid full price for the Nexus, I thought at least I'll be able to get all the apps that are supposed to be game changers. BOVINE EXCREMENT!! Apps, apps, apps, another marketing lie that bazillions of folks bit hook line and sinker. There are no more useful apps for the Nexus as there were for my old Playbook. One of the few games I enjoy is Pixilated. It was great on the Playbook, great on my Z10 and Z30. It looks like crap on the Nexus. I deleted it. I could go on and on, but I actually have to go to work today.
    06-15-14 09:39 AM
    Welcome to the world of PlayBook! Depending on what you want to use it for, it can be a good choice. HDMI out is probably my favorite feature. Great for not only movies, but professional presentations. Because you can have multiple apps open at once, you can quickly flip between PowerPoint, videos, documents, etc. while controlling remotely from your BB phone. There are several excellent threads on CB of people describing how they use it. You can get some great ideas. Enjoy!
    EchuOkan1 and GRojasHruska like this.
    06-15-14 10:04 AM
    I have had a playbook almost since it came out, so - many years. Because it was "old" technology, I decided to buy an Android device, thinking "upgrade", 3 weeks ago. The playbook out performs a 4 core 1.2 Samsung android Tab 4 even with it's 1 core. Playbook is a great UNFINISHED, unfortunately, product because of the previous (*****) CEO. Great interface. Multi-windows can be open. Many good games that surpassed any Android's, that I found. Because it was slammed so badly by people who probably never tried one, it didn't seem to catch on and that (*****) CEO announced tablets were (paraphasing) passe. As a result he also reneged on a promised update that would be the same a the Blackberry "10" phones. Cut off a lot of good apps. I used my Playbook more often those three weeks. They do NOT have those annoying free games that when you get so far, you have to coff up $$$, like Android and iOS. If it is says free, it is free. There are some that have free full version trials, but limited play, so you can choose to upgrade to the paid version or not. And as far as I'm concerned, the games are of better quality too, but that might be different from your choice of games. NFS Undercover, Modern Combat would appeal to the guys. I like bejeweled 2, Backgammon, BlackJack, and most of all, a really fun little game, GLWG (Great Little War Game). I received some of those free too.

I was previously a network engineer and have built computers, etc., so I'm a total "geek". I believe I know what I'm talking about as a result. Congratulations on a good buy. Don't listen to those "sympathy" messages... I can almost guarantee you that they have never seen one, let alone, tried a Playbook. Just 'talking' for the sake of 'talking' and seeing their name on the Internet.

Enjoy! .

PS: Word in those censored brackets was: I D I O T. He 'sewered' Blackberry/RIM in 2 years flat.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    06-15-14 11:34 AM
    I can almost guarantee you that they have never seen one, let alone, tried a Playbook. Just 'talking' for the sake of 'talking' and seeing their name on the Internet.
    Except that I used a PlayBook as my one single tablet for over one year. It's a fast tablet, but there isn't anywhere to go with that speed. I mostly used the browser and played Quake 3.
    06-15-14 11:49 AM
    The PB spec is dual core Texas Instrument OMAP 4430 processor.

Wonder whether the censoring was done because of the opprobrious reference to the BB exec or sensivity toward the intellectually challenged amongst us. PC is sometimes idiotic.
    06-15-14 12:12 PM
    One good use is just music with the pacemaker app and you could rock the party with it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-15-14 12:20 PM
    Welcome to the world of PlayBook! Depending on what you want to use it for, it can be a good choice. HDMI out is probably my favorite feature. Great for not only movies, but professional presentations. Because you can have multiple apps open at once, you can quickly flip between PowerPoint, videos, documents, etc. while controlling remotely from your BB phone. There are several excellent threads on CB of people describing how they use it. You can get some great ideas. Enjoy!
    I agree. Thank you for bringing it up.
    06-15-14 12:22 PM
    Playbooks are great as long as they are working. I used mine everyday for as long as I had it. It eventually wouldn't pick up wifi anymore so I got the Nexus 7. Its just okay. I use it if I have to, not often as it turns out since I got my Z30. Paid full price for the Nexus, I thought at least I'll be able to get all the apps that are supposed to be game changers. BOVINE EXCREMENT!! Apps, apps, apps, another marketing lie that bazillions of folks bit hook line and sinker. There are no more useful apps for the Nexus as there were for my old Playbook. One of the few games I enjoy is Pixilated. It was great on the Playbook, great on my Z10 and Z30. It looks like crap on the Nexus. I deleted it. I could go on and on, but I actually have to go to work today.
    Yes, app gap is an excuse. I still use my PlayBook and I am not missing any apps like people say. I use i it combined with my Z30 for work and travel instead of carrying a laptop and love it.
    06-15-14 12:26 PM
    The PB spec is dual core Texas Instrument OMAP 4430 processor.

Wonder whether the censoring was done because of the opprobrious reference to the BB exec or sensivity toward the intellectually challenged amongst us. PC is sometimes idiotic.
    I also has the same word, i d i o t , censored in an entriely different thread and context. pretty sure it's an auto-censor.

should we test out some words .... surprised that word gets removed, sometimes it's the right word.

Lot's of true nastiness gets by
    06-15-14 12:32 PM
    almost daily use for me.

browsing, media playing mainly, usage dropped off after I got my Z10 though

agree with getting kalem , I use that on both z10 and playbook to play from various DNLA servers in my home and to play MKV files
    06-15-14 12:35 PM
    I also has the same word, i d i o t , censored in an entriely different thread and context. pretty sure it's an auto-censor.

should we test out some words .... surprised that word gets removed, sometimes it's the right word.

Lot's of true nastiness gets by
    *****. moron. dolt. ********, *******, bustard
    06-15-14 12:40 PM
    *****. moron. dolt. ********, *******, bustard
    i*diot, moron, dolt, r*etarded, b*astard, bustard

Obviously some words are offensive and there must be a list somewhere.
    06-15-14 12:42 PM
    Check out Vault, a nice app to keep all your passwords and back up to drop box. Plenty of nice apps. Just browse the BBW.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:04 PM
    Hello cb,
    I need help with my PlayBook,
    What is the primary use of a PlayBook and tell me some good apps! Is it better than the I pad 1 and 2?

Posted via CB10
    I almost choked on food upon read this. Sorry my brethren but I almost did.
    06-15-14 05:51 PM
31 12