Yes, I am completely bonkers.

The PlayBook's browser drives me nuts. It's slow and crashes.

Bluetooth audio is stuttery whenever I have Bridge enabled.

It's underspecced by today's standards. Its screen is low-res. It's heavy.

Yet...

I jumped at the chance to buy a brand-new-in-box LTE model here in the UK.

It's just... I really don't know. I just don't want a non-BlackBerry tablet. They all annoy me too much - they're either too much a walled garden (iOS), or they run Android. I hate Android.

Parted with 90 quid for it. And you know what? Despite all its flaws, I love it. It's the original PlayBook (of which I already had one), but faster.

Something's wrong with me...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:09 PM
    To be honest, I entertain the crazy idea of getting me one of these, too

I just love the thing and I would like to have the LTE model in my (small) BB collection.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-15-14 02:14 PM
    I'd buy the LTE version too, if I had a cheap one available.
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-15-14 02:16 PM
    Not sure if they're still going from that eBay seller. I'll check...

Edit - got mine here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=OTf5Any5

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:21 PM
    I kept looking for one here in the US and ended up getting a z30 instead ... that ebay seller doesn't list the US as a potential shipping destination.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:44 PM
    I kept looking for one here in the US and ended up getting a z30 instead ... that ebay seller doesn't list the US as a potential shipping destination.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well. Actually the US seemed to always have more of them - they never showed up in the UK (until now).

You certainly made a good choice with the Z30, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 03:00 PM
    Not sure if they're still going from that eBay seller. I'll check...

Edit - got mine here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JGGG2f1L

Posted via CB10
    I've been looking at that as well. Are you using it with a data plan, or just with wifi but to take advantage of the 1.5 processor?
    06-15-14 03:31 PM
    I've been looking at that as well. Are you using it with a data plan, or just with wifi but to take advantage of the 1.5 processor?
    Just using LTE PlayBook for added speed on wifi - not interested in data as have Bridge.

There is actually one drawback over the wifi version: the screen isn't quite as good on the LTE.

Posted via CB10
    Bertie Bear likes this.
    06-15-14 04:04 PM
    Yes, I am completely bonkers.

The PlayBook's browser drives me nuts. It's slow and crashes.

Bluetooth audio is stuttery whenever I have Bridge enabled.

It's underspecced by today's standards. Its screen is low-res. It's heavy.

Yet...

I jumped at the chance to buy a brand-new-in-box LTE model here in the UK.

It's just... I really don't know. I just don't want a non-BlackBerry tablet. They all annoy me too much - they're either too much a walled garden (iOS), or they run Android. I hate Android.

Parted with 90 quid for it. And you know what? Despite all its flaws, I love it. It's the original PlayBook (of which I already had one), but faster.

Something's wrong with me...

Posted via CB10
    Really? Even when you already have a Z30. I love my old 16 GB Playbook. Yes it's heavy and this is a good thing. Just that most PPL with a Z30 say they don't use their PB much anymore so your bucking the trend. As a happy Q owner and happily living with the smaller screen, a PB bridged to the phone is still a very useful daily function.
    Enjoy the new toy..................errr I mean tool.
    06-17-14 11:32 AM
    In my area, using a separate tablet data plan is very expensive and not necessary when you have a usable bridge to your phone.
    06-17-14 12:57 PM
    Really? Even when you already have a Z30. I love my old 16 GB Playbook. Yes it's heavy and this is a good thing. Just that most PPL with a Z30 say they don't use their PB much anymore so your bucking the trend. As a happy Q owner and happily living with the smaller screen, a PB bridged to the phone is still a very useful daily function.
    Yeah... bucking the trend completely.

The difference in screen size is significant enough for me that it makes a difference when watching videos. I also prefer to use the PlayBook when listening to music on the mini Jambox - primarily because my PlayBook has Kalemsoft on it.

More than anything though it's probably just a 'rare BlackBerry = gotta have' thing. It's still PlayBook and still has a whole heap of stuff wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:07 AM
    Dear Bertie Bear, all,

I bought one of these LTE PlayBooks from this eBay seller, and have been very pleased with it. It's brand new and here's what I've found regarding the data networks:

EE, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone, TalkTalk and O2 SIMs work fine, but when I put a Three SIM in it states "the phone is locked for this network". The PlayBook will not register on the Three network, no matter what I do (MM#6 error). This is also true of the virtual operators that piggyback on the Three network (e.g. GlobalGig / Mobidata).

I am now using it on PAYG T-Mobile UK - unlimited browsing and generous download limit, but *no VOIP allowed* (though I haven't tried video chat on PB TBH). The T-Mob Internet can be purchased for �20GBP for 6 months on their PAYG tarrif - just top-up, put the SIM in a mobile phone and text 6MONTHWEB to 441. Fast speeds 3g (4g LTE not compatible here in UK), and good coverage so far. In fact, I'm replying to this post on my LTE PlayBook. Can highly recommend!

Best wishes,

TLUK
    Bertie Bear and anon(8719892) like this.
    06-22-14 10:52 AM
    I've got a Z30, and still use the PlayBook. Not quite as much that is true, but I still use it. And with Bridge it remains absolutely brilliant for work presentations with the presenter functionality - and still attracts comment.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:08 AM
    Dear Bertie Bear, all,

I bought one of these LTE PlayBooks from this eBay seller, and have been very pleased with it. It's brand new and here's what I've found regarding the data networks:

EE, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone, TalkTalk and O2 SIMs work fine, but when I put a Three SIM in it states "the phone is locked for this network". The PlayBook will not register on the Three network, no matter what I do (MM#6 error). This is also true of the virtual operators that piggyback on the Three network (e.g. GlobalGig / Mobidata).

I am now using it on PAYG T-Mobile UK - unlimited browsing and generous download limit, but *no VOIP allowed* (though I haven't tried video chat on PB TBH). The T-Mob Internet can be purchased for �20GBP for 6 months on their PAYG tarrif - just top-up, put the SIM in a mobile phone and text 6MONTHWEB to 441. Fast speeds 3g (4g LTE not compatible here in UK), and good coverage so far. In fact, I'm replying to this post on my LTE PlayBook. Can highly recommend!
    I've got a PlayBook from this seller too and I've also noticed that it does not connect to the Three UK network (Also MM#6 error). So glad it's not just me.
    However, anybody who got a PlayBook from this seller, were you able to find it's IMEI number? I can't find it anywhere on mine!
    06-22-14 12:34 PM
    I have had my PlayBook for several years now and the more use it gets the better I like it, I am thinking about getting a second one, yes they have there qurcks but they are great and for the money you can't beat them.

When I try talking about tablets to others who are in the market and suggest the PlayBook ( they are thinking iPad) they can come up with all kind of reasons they need the iPad, the last person who was getting a tablet for her son was worried about virus's. So many think Mac is virus proof. I get the felling they wont the Mac/ iPad for status; makes them feel good! It is there money, let them throw it away if they like!
    06-22-14 12:50 PM
    I have enjoyed my PlayBook LTE for 3 months now. But I might need to sell now now

I kinda liked the faster specs and the SIM Card slot. It makes internet on the go easier.
    06-27-14 09:55 AM
    I bought one from this seller but the battery is draining a LOT quicker than a standard PB.

Is this normal?
    07-22-14 06:33 AM
    Well I have 3 PlayBooks, one 64Gig=Mine, and two 16Gig which I gave to my son and daughter. My son he is 10 and he uses it all the time and does stuff with it that I never thought about doing with it. You know kids now a days they tinker and use electronics and figure them out more than us adults. I think for all 3 I spent just under $500.00 try doing that with a ipad
    07-22-14 07:02 AM
    I bought one from this seller but the battery is draining a LOT quicker than a standard PB.

Is this normal?
    Pretty sure I read that the battery does drain significantly quicker, yes. Mine does as well. Doesn't bother me much.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    07-22-14 07:14 AM
    I love my LTE version, as well. It has a smaller battery plus a better processor; that's why it's dying faster.

I don't have an original PlayBook. How much better is the screen on the original version versus the LTE version?

I don't find the browser that much slower than my Z10, and I like the bigger screen. I have java and flash on all the time on my PlayBook, but flash is normally off on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 12:32 AM
    I love my LTE version, as well. It has a smaller battery plus a better processor; that's why it's dying faster.

I don't have an original PlayBook. How much better is the screen on the original version versus the LTE version?

I don't find the browser that much slower than my Z10, and I like the bigger screen. I have java and flash on all the time on my PlayBook, but flash is normally off on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    The screen is significantly better on the original over the LTE, unfortunately. Much brighter, and more accurate colour reproduction.

Think BlackBerry went for a cheaper screen on the LTE.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 04:30 AM
    The screen is significantly better on the original over the LTE, unfortunately. Much brighter, and more accurate colour reproduction.
    Think BlackBerry went for a cheaper screen on the LTE.
    Posted via CB10
    You're right, the screen on the wifi model is better with richer colours. But the LTE screen is still pretty decent - just watched the demo video. Its really only if you know how good the screen on the wifi model is (regardless of the quoted specs) that you'll notice the difference. Still far superior to, say, the HP Slate 7.
    As with the wifi model, build quality on the LTE PlayBook is excellent. And a steal at �85.99 brand new.
    07-23-14 09:49 AM
    You can never have too many PlayBooks. That's what I always say!
    07-23-14 01:08 PM
    2 pbs in our house. Along with a z30 and q5. Our kids use them when we travel to watch movies or shows. Sometimes we use it to stream music to a tabletop radio we have. What I like is that I can drag and drop almost any type of file I have on my pc without using proprietary software.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-23-14 01:17 PM
    I to also have considered getting another.
    I've thought of picking up a droid tablet, But the bridge feature is priceless.
    I do not want a tablet from another company because of this one feature
    07-23-14 08:40 PM
50 12