Having run through many wifi issues threads I'm not certain my issue is what others are calling "dropping wifi or disconnecting". I'll be surfing along and then all of a sudden the playbook is not communicating with the wifi although it remains connected with a full signal. All it takes is for me to turn the wifi off and immediately back on again and once reconnected to my cogeco router I'm off to the races again. I was thinking this was due to the dhcp lease time being only set by default to 3600 seconds. I plan to set up fixed dhcp addresses for my wireless clients this weekend to see if this fixes the issue.

The strange thing is.... I can reset the router and have no issues for days until my lovely daughter brings one of her I-diot devices in the house and connects to my wifi. Shortly thereafter the incommunicado begins again on the playbooks. I'm therefore not sure if it is router settings or if it is just that daughter's fruit devices don't like to play nice with other produce.
    01-18-13 02:09 PM
    I have the same problem especially when my wife has here Blue tooth on her Android devices turned on. I don't believe its a PlayBook problem, because my Grandson has the some issue with his I-Pod.
    01-19-13 09:37 AM
    I think it is a router setting problem. Likely WPA/WPA2 Personal, AES/PSK. If you have dual band capabilities, put the PlayBook on 5.0 and leave the 2.5 fir the rest. Most of the rest will not likely use 5.0 anyway.
    01-19-13 03:57 PM
    You might want to change the channel on the router too as it may get interference from that too.
    01-19-13 04:34 PM
    Same problem here.
    01-19-13 04:47 PM