BS...they did and tried hard to get apps for us whiners but some things just cant be done.
    Sorry, that's BS as well. The Playbook was doomed from day one and it wasn't "us whiners" who were in any way responsible. RIM/Blackberry never really tried!
    axllebeer, nah.uhh and PlayBook UK like this.
    10-09-14 05:19 PM
    BS...they did and tried hard to get apps for us whiners but some things just cant be done.
    I don't understand. Are you saying Blackberry's failure to support and deliver on their only tablet is the fault of the user 'whiners'? Never heard that one before!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    10-09-14 05:46 PM
    I don't understand. Are you saying Blackberry's failure to support and deliver on their only tablet is the fault of the user 'whiners'? Never heard that one before!

...no, he's saying BlackBerry tried but failed to get apps for the PlayBook, most likely due to the chicken and egg cycle of apps vs user base.
    howarmat and kbz1960 like this.
    10-09-14 05:48 PM
    ...no, he's saying BlackBerry tried but failed to get apps for the PlayBook, most likely due to the chicken and egg cycle of apps vs user base.
    exactly...It just wasnt in the cards for the PB to be a success. RIM didnt give it much help in the matter either.

The whiners comment is just about the fact that most all of use whined about not having apps, email, OS10 etc. We all wanted more for the playbook but there was just no way to make it happen. Like said we were doomed from the start with it
    10-09-14 06:08 PM
    A dozen Porsche phones at $2000 each is still more money than they made on the PlayBook...

Posted via CB10
    Hardly
    10-09-14 06:26 PM
    The whiners comment is just about the fact that most all of use whined about not having apps, email, OS10 etc. We all wanted more for the playbook but there was just no way to make it happen.
    While I do understand what you're trying to say, I still find this a weird comment. BB10 was more or less promised to "us", so all whining in that respect was purely RIMs doing in origin. They never should've promised it in the first place. And saying there was no way to make the things we wanted to happen might be true for some of the most-outlandish requests, but for a tablet that still lacks decent implementations of basic functionality in some respect sound a bit strange. A little more love from the company could really have gone a long way.
    PlayBook UK, axllebeer and jtv1 like this.
    10-10-14 04:03 AM
    i wish it was never made sigh
    At least we've all found some common ground. People without, people with and BlackBerry all wish they never made it but in the case of the people that did they are �300 in many cases lighter. Needs some perspective from the people who didn't get one, I don't know who's worse, the people who have one for trying to get something done about it or the people who haven?t got one complaining about the people that have when clearly it's none of their business except possibly misguided loyalty.
    Don't the people who keep fighting BlackBerry corner not realise it's not their fight? They have a support and PR team who actually get paid to do that for them who at the moment are refusing to comment or even acknowledge the PB existence.
    BlackBerry made a bed they refuse to lie in, but it's not all bad for them, If it wasn't for the PlayBook and the stalling tactics used keeping everyone hanging for a product that never materialised I would probably have bought a rival tablet shortly followed by a phone.

That's what gets people's backs up. We all waited patiently while watching them lose popularity, possibly even going out of business and we all stuck by them through thick and thin. So now they are getting back on their feet to be told at every corner thanks for your support but now we'd rather you f####ed off because we're into something else now and rather just forget about that time is a bit grating.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AWB70; 10-10-14 at 09:27 AM.
    10-10-14 05:11 AM
    i wish it was never made sigh
    I wish they let us return them.
    Carl Estes and jtv1 like this.
    10-10-14 01:53 PM
    I wish they let us return them.
    They could use a couple of doorstops, I'm sure......
    10-10-14 02:53 PM
    Why won't Dodge update my van anymore? I paid 50 times more for it than my PlayBook. It's like they are only concerned with selling new products...
    a dodge caravan AND a playbook ? you poor *******
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-13-14 07:35 AM
    They could offer a buy back discount on the Passport
    iPad 1 was released in 2010, last iOS upgrade it received was in may 2012 (5.1.1).
    PlayBook was released in 2011, last OS upgrade it received was in march, 2014.
    The only difference - many iOS apps can still be installed on the iPad 1.
    10-13-14 07:54 AM

It seems like it is our fault, and am supposing this comes under the disclaimers law

jtvberry
    10-13-14 07:56 AM
    Just signed it andthe site showed 989 signatures to date. Looks like only 11 more signatures are needed.
    jtv1 and anon7902371 like this.
    10-14-14 09:58 AM
    Just signed it andthe site showed 989 signatures to date. Looks like only 11 more signatures are needed.
    Yes, just 11 signatures left. Thank you all for signing the petition. We just need 11 signatures more!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:44 AM
    For those who want to sign, just 11 more....those that feel indifferent just do not sign. I wish I could sign it again. Just an answer from them would be closure indeed. Keep pushing....:-)

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-14-14 02:08 PM
    For those who want to sign, just 11 more....those that feel indifferent just do not sign. I wish I could sign it again. Just an answer from them would be closure indeed. Keep pushing....:-)

Posted via CB10
    Yep, to get as many assorted fishes in the sea, the boat has to be pushed out.

jtvberry
    10-14-14 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Signed a long time ago. From the Save the PlayBook BBM Channel thanks for your support.

I don't think much will come from it at this point but someone else creating another thread in honor of the PlayBook trying too secure future support should make the people at BlackBerry at the very least feel ashamed.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    10-14-14 08:58 PM
    Signed a long time ago. From the Save the PlayBook BBM Channel thanks for your support.

I don't think much will come from it at this point but someone else creating another thread in honor of the PlayBook trying too secure future support should make the people at BlackBerry at the very least feel ashamed.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    We need to, and its for the sake of BlackBerry, security, asurity and integrity.

jtvberry
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-14-14 10:09 PM
    Only 6 more needed now
    10-15-14 03:03 AM
    We need to, and its for the sake of BlackBerry, security, asurity and integrity.

jtvberry
    Great to see this petition gaining momentum again, with a new wave of enthusiasts. BlackBerry should understand the PlayBook is still a much loved device. They really need to give some the PB some updates and needed attention. Business is not always about immediate profit, but keeping and building your brand loyalty for the future...

jtv1 likes this.
    10-15-14 05:38 AM
    This is pointless guys..
    I don't know... it actually is kinda entertaining now. Reminds me of kids refusing to believe Santa Claus isn't real. 3 years from now there will be people begging for BB12 on the Playbook.

A more impressive effort would be to gather up as many abandoned Playbooks as one can muster, put them all in the back of a dump truck, and record a video of them being dumped in the grass in front of BB headquarters. Treat them like AOL cd's or ET game cartridges.

Crackberry needs to move the PB forum to the bottom of the Forums page.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-15-14 06:24 AM
    Crackberry needs to move the PB forum to the bottom of the Forums page.
    I assume you are merely passing through to impart this piece of wisdom?
    10-15-14 06:35 AM
    Wow. In what amount of time it has almost 1K sigs? Amazing!

Shows not many care and how many moved on.
    10-15-14 06:50 AM
    True, but considering the late date it was started and the rather relentless ridicule from those who "moved on", I think it still to be quite an impressive feat...
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-15-14 06:56 AM
    True, but considering the late date it was started and the rather relentless ridicule from those who "moved on", I think it still to be quite an impressive feat...
    That's what I remember BlackBerry being about "impressive" sturdy and secure.

jtvberry
    10-15-14 07:44 AM
99 1234