10-08-14 01:16 PM
    While I like my PlayBook and wish that it would continually get updated, it just isn't viable to do so for the business. Signing petitions might make BlackBerry acknowledge that there is some love for the PlayBook, but the ship has sailed on maintaining it. Maybe, in the future, BlackBerry will have an tablet alternative, but how they are doing Blend, it seems most likely that they will let others build tablets and just let BlackBerry devices piggy back on them.
    jtv1 and Carl Estes like this.
    10-08-14 01:25 PM
    While I like my PlayBook and wish that it would continually get updated, it just isn't viable to do so for the business. Signing petitions might make BlackBerry acknowledge that there is some love for the PlayBook, but the ship has sailed on maintaining it.
    Although you're technically probably right, I always found this argument a bit strange: we as users shouldn't care if continued support is viable to the company or not. The company itself would be the one to expect such an explanation from. But they've placed all Playbook communication with the user base on mute a long time ago. And that to me isn't a viable way to do business.
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-08-14 01:42 PM
    i wish it was never made sigh
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-08-14 01:44 PM
    Although you're technically probably right, I always found this argument a bit strange: we as users shouldn't care if continued support is viable to the company or not. The company itself would be the one to expect such an explanation from. But they've placed all Playbook communication with the user base on mute a long time ago. And that to me isn't a viable way to do business.
    If BlackBerry was rolling in the cash like Apple, I would be more upset.
    But, since they just went through a massive downsizing and restructuring to stay alive, I'm willing to give them a little slack on this particular issue. The PlayBook was a victim of poor planning, I hope that those choices are few and far between now for BlackBerry.
    jtv1 and Carl Estes like this.
    10-08-14 02:25 PM
    This has been done earlier this year, spearheaded by PlayBook UK, for which I have signed the petition, only to get no response. :-(

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 and schwede like this.
    10-08-14 02:36 PM
    But, since they just went through a massive downsizing and restructuring to stay alive, I'm willing to give them a little slack on this particular issue. The PlayBook was a victim of poor planning, I hope that those choices are few and far between now for BlackBerry.
    As a customer I feel no obligation towards them, as a customer however they should feel an obligation towards me. At this point I couldn't care less if they're able to stay afloat or not...
    10-08-14 05:15 PM
    They got over a billion from Fairfax. They can at least update the runtime so we can run more android apps. Or maybe give us Real BBM! Instead of the slow bridge. Just my vent. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:53 PM
    Why would any struggling company support products they can no longer monetize? Playbook was a failure from the moment it was released, the best decision they made was to kill it. It was great device but let it die, nothing lives forever!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-14 07:23 PM
    Why won't Dodge update my van anymore? I paid 50 times more for it than my PlayBook. It's like they are only concerned with selling new products...
    10-08-14 07:29 PM
    I couldn't of said it better myself.

I love all my BlackBerry devices and the way PlayBook has been treated is totally unfair.
    Yes I have my phone, but obviously the screen range is at a disadvantage compared to the PlayBook and has made me quite angry how HQ has dealt with their own device.

The other day I was reading about our fellow who was installing BB10 on their PB and I thought to myself. Isn't the 10series built on the PB and wasn't the devices built to compliment each other.

The M1 Fuse, as far as I understand is still in concept mode and from what I've seen, it's still low on storage, but sooner it comes out of hibernation will be the better.

I feel like our PlayBook was only half finished. Or more than half finished and like MS went from Vista to Win7, PB would of been at the top of the league now, if only the hand were kept on hearts.

Which other tablet was customer friendly, not including Apple.

jtvberry
    10-09-14 12:24 AM
    Dear tony morris consulting

Please send me the petition or please direct me to where I can sign.

jtvberry
    10-09-14 12:27 AM
    This is pointless guys..
    FrankIAm likes this.
    10-09-14 12:33 AM
    I found it, the petition

jtvberry
    10-09-14 12:40 AM
    They could have spent the money on the PlayBook instead of the Porsche maybe?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    jtv1 and ThaSwapMeetPimp like this.
    10-09-14 04:10 AM

It still would not sell like the way Porsche Design does, still not a viable decision.
    Porsche has a symbolic status and whereas PlayBook has a history, a very bad history with it. You know how it was taken in media, right?
    As much as I'd want to hold a BlackBerry Tablet in my hand, I feel that BlackBerry is already doing it with a philosophy of just one device (Passport). Why did they advertise passport as work wide? Why is media and general public reluctant to suggest if and buy it (verge, bgr etc.) because they have never seen anything like it.
    Its a transition my friend, and it would take some time, maybe you are already seeing the results with BlackBerry Passport, more than the device, if got serious attention because of its shape.
    And Porsche, I think it really sells in Middle East because they like anything which is expensive (golden Bugatti, I mean seriously?)
    Anyways, I think you should get over PlayBook and Cherish what we have, brand loyalty does harms but alas you have it.

Just 29 people and one petition.-085a00fe2167ce3871e0530195bcbb8b.jpg

Z30
    10-09-14 04:23 AM
    I kind of agree about Porsche being a waste of time/money, but since they're limited release and with nothing especially different about them I doubt BlackBerry needs to devote much time or money on their production.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-09-14 01:45 PM

Porsche phones are high profit for little effort, which is the diametric opposite of what happened with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:46 PM
    Porsche phones are high profit for little effort, which is the diametric opposite of what happened with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone got the stats on this? How many do they sell...a dozen!?

10-09-14 01:50 PM

The profit made on the phones is more than all the of the playbooks sold i would guess
    10-09-14 02:09 PM

A dozen Porsche phones at $2000 each is still more money than they made on the PlayBook...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:50 PM
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    10-09-14 03:00 PM
    A dozen Porsche phones at $2000 each is still more money than they made on the PlayBook...

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook failure was all Blackberry's making. Not the users, who wanted Apps and updates from day one. BlackBerry never listened to its user base.

axllebeer likes this.
    10-09-14 03:21 PM
    The PlayBook failure was all Blackberry's making. Not the users, who wanted Apps and updates from day one. BlackBerry never listened to its user base.

BS...they did and tried hard to get apps for us whiners but some things just cant be done.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-14 03:23 PM
    I knew what this would be even without opening it

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:34 PM
99 123 ...