I picked up the Targus convertible case and it works great, when I want to watch a tv show or movie I just prop it up and enjoy
    I got the Targus Zierra from Staples. My local store was clearancing all their Playbook accessories. For the longest time I kept dropping by and only saw the Targus Truss case out (similar to the BB convertible). When I checked with the manager, he looked in supply and found 8 of the Zierras they never put out. Great case! Has pockets, a screen wipe, trifold to protect the screen, very professional. When open, the bottom of the playbook sits high enough you can plug a rapid charger it, similar to a cradle set up. Loving the combo. I have an Otterbox as well for travel.
    01-30-12 09:10 PM
    The leather convertible case worked well on my tour of Asia. Quick flip to photo mode. Lens deeply recessed so well protected. Charging port protected from dirt. At night I could review day's scenes lying on hotel bed. Only problem was slightly too big for Tilley travel pants pockets. Tilley needs to enlarge pockets by 2 mm or 1/2 inch. The Plybook is a traveler's delight. I have a foam jacket for the BBPB in it's leather case for added air travel protection.
    01-31-12 03:30 AM
    Tilley needs to enlarge pockets by 2 mm or 1/2 inch.
    I'm assuming that was supposed to be 12mm or 1/2 inch.
    01-31-12 04:42 AM
    I bought this for my daughter

Red Leather Stand Case Cover For Blackberry Playbook: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics �14

bargain really and perfect for her to watch, surf and type
    +1 for this.
    The red colour is a bit garish but it fits really well - and the big advantage over all other cases I've seen is that it works perfectly on the charger dock just by unclipping the back lower half and folding it back. The channels for propping up the PB without the dock are also much deeper than the PB Convertible making it more stable. Another advantage over the RIM version is that the controls aren't covered so you can use the volume and power buttons properly.

Amazon says no longer available but they are on eBay from Hong Kong and UK if you search for "Red Leather Stand Case Cover for Blackberry Playbook".
    01-31-12 08:28 AM
    This is patently false, unless you have some newly-redesigned case that I don't. Plugging any USB lead into the PlayBook w/ Convertible Case prevents the device from resting on the bottom casing. Yes, it will possibly sit there propped up if the case isn't jostled in the slightest, but it'd be resting 100% of its weight on the USB plug and kinking the cord at a 90-degree angle. Not good for the cord or the socket, neither of which are designed to take load of this sort, and not how I would ever abuse my equipment.

No, the case will not keep itself propped open when folded backward. It just wont.
    Haha I love it when someone tells me it is impossible to do something I do every day. I note you conveniently missed off the bit about using a Nokia CA-101 lead to keep everything in place with its built-in cable tidy.

Mind you, having now got a better 3rd party alternative (see last post) the convertible has been relegated to a drawer - mainly because it makes the controls a pain to use, isn't that stable, doesn't work with RIM's own charging dock, and needs an elastic band to keep closed.
    01-31-12 08:36 AM
    Go on eBay... Best prices & lots of selection. They even have the Bluetooth KB with case combo...

01-31-12 08:51 AM
    Haha I love it when someone tells me it is impossible to do something I do every day. I note you conveniently missed off the bit about using a Nokia CA-101 lead to keep everything in place with its built-in cable tidy.

Mind you, having now got a better 3rd party alternative (see last post) the convertible has been relegated to a drawer - mainly because it makes the controls a pain to use, isn't that stable, doesn't work with RIM's own charging dock, and needs an elastic band to keep closed.
    Small eraser or anything else similar and handy http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-tips-685012/
    01-31-12 09:34 AM
    Based on reviews from the various threads here on CB, I was planning to get either the Blurex or Acase case. Amazon currently list the Blurex for $25, including free shipping to the U.S. Unfortunately, they won't deliver - at any price - to Canada. Amazon . ca lists the Blurex for $38 + $7 shipping, for a total of $45. Nearly double the price, this is one of the few things I hate about living in the Great White North!

It seems the Acase model is getting hard to find, so I ended up just ordering the BB Convertible case from Amazon . ca. It's currently $20 off, plus free shipping, so I ended up getting it for just $30 (plus GST). Pretty happy with that!
    01-31-12 11:03 AM
    Based on reviews from the various threads here on CB, I was planning to get either the Blurex or Acase case. Amazon currently list the Blurex for $25, including free shipping to the U.S. Unfortunately, they won't deliver - at any price - to Canada. Amazon . ca lists the Blurex for $38 + $7 shipping, for a total of $45. Nearly double the price, this is one of the few things I hate about living in the Great White North!

It seems the Acase model is getting hard to find, so I ended up just ordering the BB Convertible case from Amazon . ca. It's currently $20 off, plus free shipping, so I ended up getting it for just $30 (plus GST). Pretty happy with that!
    As the gentleman at the top of the page said, the Blurex and the unidentified case that Brookstone is selling are apparently one and the same. With the "20buy" coupon code, it comes out to $12 before shipping and tax. That shipping and tax brings the total up to a hair over $20 for me in the U.S., but it's still cheaper than Amazon and they ship internationally.

http://www.brookstone.com/blackberry-playbook-clip-case

I'm happy with the journal case -- I've only once and a while wished I had the tilt function on the convertible or the Blurex -- but at this price, I'm tempted . . . .
    01-31-12 01:01 PM
    As the gentleman at the top of the page said, the Blurex and the unidentified case that Brookstone is selling are apparently one and the same. With the "20buy" coupon code, it comes out to $12 before shipping and tax. That shipping and tax brings the total up to a hair over $20 for me in the U.S., but it's still cheaper than Amazon and they ship internationally.

Clip Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet at Brookstone

I'm happy with the journal case -- I've only once and a while wished I had the tilt function on the convertible or the Blurex -- but at this price, I'm tempted . . . .
    I now have both cases and yes, they are the same except for the name. I also bought the Leather Portfolio case from Brookstone for $19.99 using the "20BUY" coupon code.

http://www.brookstone.com/leather-case-for-blackberry-playbook?bkiid=ProductDetails|Accesories|711937p

The Clip Case with PB fits nicely inside the Leather Portfolio case for added protection and convenience, love the pockets and built-in pen/stylus holder, nice genuine leather too.
    01-31-12 01:45 PM
    +1 for this.
    The red colour is a bit garish but it fits really well - and the big advantage over all other cases I've seen is that it works perfectly on the charger dock just by unclipping the back lower half and folding it back. The channels for propping up the PB without the dock are also much deeper than the PB Convertible making it more stable. Another advantage over the RIM version is that the controls aren't covered so you can use the volume and power buttons properly.

Amazon says no longer available but they are on eBay from Hong Kong and UK if you search for "Red Leather Stand Case Cover for Blackberry Playbook".
    I ordered this case a few days ago on eBay from Hong Kong.
    The red did turn me off at first but I figured maybe I won't misplace it if it's bright red.

It looks the same as the Blurex case to me.
    01-31-12 04:58 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD