convertible with rubber band mod (to hold the cover when i put it in my bag)
    how did u do the rubber band mod? u got pics?
    01-30-12 03:16 PM
    I bought this for my daughter

Red Leather Stand Case Cover For Blackberry Playbook: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics �14

bargain really and perfect for her to watch, surf and type then treated myself to this from Amazon Uk �44, a bit steep but i feel its well worth it.

Melkco Leather case for Blackberry Playbook 7.0" - Slimme Cover Type (Vintage Red) Notebook Cell phone Accessories, Zubeh�r, accessoires, accessori,
    01-30-12 03:36 PM
    i prefer the convertible case because of the stand. i use the stand a lot, much more convenient for me
    01-30-12 03:37 PM
    I don't really see an answer there to my question. I have seen different sales listings online, some say leather, and some don't for the convertible case, so I'm thinking the mention of leather may be a mistake.
    i have both and they are not leather.... but the journal is built better n feels better; the convertible functions better.
    01-30-12 04:03 PM
    rockin the convertible case since launch day and love it
    01-30-12 04:24 PM
    Blackberry's convertible case is a great quality synthetic 'leather' and the Journal Case is genuine leather, albeit very likely with an embossed grain texture.

I have both: Convertible case for most purposes and Journal case for more refined occasions.
    01-30-12 04:26 PM
    Blackberry's convertible case is a great quality synthetic 'leather' and the Journal Case is genuine leather, albeit very likely with an embossed grain texture.

I have both: Convertible case for most purposes and Journal case for more refined occasions.
    sorry, but journal is not leather either.
    01-30-12 04:29 PM
    I went with the OEM Journal case .....it just looks more "professional", both are nice and serve their purpose. For total protection I went with the Otterbox, depending on the day or occasion depends on which one I use. I also have the OEM black envelope, which I rarely use. Got them all on sale one time or another
    Last edited by spencerdl; 01-30-12 at 04:35 PM.
    01-30-12 04:32 PM
    i love my convertible case, but that is just IMO
    01-30-12 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Leather Book Binder-Journal Case - CrackBerry Canada

BlackBerry PlayBook Leather Book Binder-Journal Case

Product Description
    With a genuine leather exterior, chrome inset logo, and elastic closure, the BlackBerry� Journal Case gets full marks for both style and convenience. A soft microfiber lining with a customized shell holds your BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet in place while you�re using it, and with external access to the Micro- USB and media ports, keys, and camera, you can take full advantage of everything it has to offer.

KEY FEATURES
    Premium grade leather, journal style design
    � Secure closing, precision fit with easy access to ports, media keys, and camera
    � Reinforced panels for an extra layer of protection

01-30-12 04:42 PM
    Just got the Convertible case from Brookstone and it is GREAT....nice and slim just the way it should be. I had the Convertible from Targus which was also very good but too bulky.
    01-30-12 04:44 PM
    The genuine BlackBerry PlayBook Journal case is leather:

BlackBerryJournalCase - RIM US
    01-30-12 04:50 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Leather Book Binder-Journal Case - CrackBerry Canada

BlackBerry PlayBook Leather Book Binder-Journal Case

Product Description
    With a genuine leather exterior, chrome inset logo, and elastic closure, the BlackBerry� Journal Case gets full marks for both style and convenience. A soft microfiber lining with a customized shell holds your BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet in place while you�re using it, and with external access to the Micro- USB and media ports, keys, and camera, you can take full advantage of everything it has to offer.

KEY FEATURES
    Premium grade leather, journal style design
    � Secure closing, precision fit with easy access to ports, media keys, and camera
    � Reinforced panels for an extra layer of protection

yep, i was fooled by the same description n actually believed it for a couple days after receiving the case. but after i heard hear and checked closely, am convinced its not leather. i wish it was
    01-30-12 04:52 PM
    Wrong answer...it IS genuine leather.
    01-30-12 04:53 PM
    Anyone use any cases that include a kickstand but does not fold up like a book/wallet? I got the Silicrylic case by Incipio which seems to add a lot of protection to the Playbook and also has a kickstand, but it does seem to add a considerable amount of extra weight. But I've been known to be clumsy and I don't trust other people to be careful with the PB if they happen to play with it, so this is for just in case.
    01-30-12 04:56 PM
    01-30-12 05:10 PM

Highly unlikely...the Journal case is not only real leather (animal skin), but the grain of the case is the tiny pebble grain finish typical of goat skin, which is inexpensive and quite plentiful in Asia, and the preferred skin for cases/brief cases manufactured in that region due to its durability, fine appearance, and low cost.
    copperoak likes this.
    01-30-12 05:17 PM
    Highly unlikely...the Journal case is not only real leather (animal skin), but the grain of the case is the tiny pebble grain finish typical of goat skin, which is inexpensive and quite plentiful in Asia, and the preferred skin for cases/brief cases manufactured in that region due to its durability, fine appearance, and low cost.
    Well. Where did you get that from - the J. Peterman catalogue? (barump bump!)

I was shopping in Staples this weekend, and I purchased the journal case to have in addition to my convertible case. I like the convertible better for it versatility, but, I must say, I rather like the way the BlackBerry symbol is more prominent on the cover. Anyway, I wanted to have both of them.
    accord97 likes this.
    01-30-12 05:27 PM
    I must have bought a 3rd party convertable case (although I'm sure it said Blackberry on the case) as:
    1- Its leather
    2- I have never taken it out of the case since I bought it and charge it every night
    3- Smack it as much as I want it has never slipped out of the grooves
    4- It is equiped with an elastic strap to hold it closed
    01-30-12 05:52 PM
    I got this converter case for my wife's playbook: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook

It's just about the best case I could buy. It's leather, not bulky at all, the hinge is open in the middle to allow charging, it fits securely without any fear of it sliding out, when used as a stand, it stays put in any of the groove positions and can resist a good bit of bumping. It set me back all of $25.

The "clips" hold it closed quite securely, and don't seem to have loosened at all over the past few months.

I can't think of anything bad to say about it.
    artie likes this.
    01-30-12 06:07 PM
    Well. Where did you get that from - the J. Peterman catalogue? (barump bump!)

I was shopping in Staples this weekend, and I purchased the journal case to have in addition to my convertible case. I like the convertible better for it versatility, but, I must say, I rather like the way the BlackBerry symbol is more prominent on the cover. Anyway, I wanted to have both of them.
    How interesting....you would love my English Trench coat and the gentlemanly aroma I exude while wearing it with my Dominica Bay Rum from JP.
    01-30-12 06:25 PM
    I just bought the leather sleeve from Amazon.ca for a major discount off what retail stores are charging:

Black Leather Sleeve En/Fr Pack F/ Playbook (vf): Amazon.ca: Electronics

Currently $13 instead of $50! I prefer sleeves as I like the device as-is when in use. I find booklet style cases if thrown in with my bag have a greater possibility of getting stuff lodged in between the device and the cover flap, as has been my experience with my Kindle and a case similar to the PB Journal case.
    01-30-12 06:31 PM
    ive said this in other threads (and maybe this one already)

but so far the BB Convertible case is just too good not to get... on sale randomly on amazon for 25 - 35 so keep checking there
    01-30-12 07:10 PM
    Journal case, no doubt about it. Smooth, soft leather cover and solid holder completes the Playbook experience. $20 from Staples with free shipping.
    01-30-12 08:05 PM
    The Blurex case looks identical to the case i just picked up from Brookstone.com for about $10, with 20% off coupon code ("20buy"). It is a clip case from Brookstone. This is a great case that can be used in the charging cradle-if you fold the front cover back.

I have the journal case also and a Brookstone leather portfolio case and use the clip case more often because it is so convenient.
    01-30-12 08:50 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD