I have been toying with the idea of modifying my journal case. Basically cutting a slot in the "spine" so I can access the charge port while the case is closed. Has anyone had success in doing this?
    I know its do-able I just don't want it to look like a hack job lol.
    01-17-12 07:16 PM
    You may not want it to look like a "hack" job, but that's what it will look like.
    01-17-12 07:19 PM
    You may not want it to look like a "hack" job, but that's what it will look like.
    Hmmm maybe I will take that as a challenge lol.
    01-17-12 07:37 PM
    I don't have a Journal case, but if I did and wanted to make some neet access holes, I would go to a leather shop and see what punches are available. I would guess they would hage something that would make a very neat and attractive hole. If you have a leather shop near you, they might even have a punch you could use. I have a leather shop a couple of miles from my house. I'll try to check it out this week.
    01-17-12 09:45 PM
    Have thought about doing that and had also thought of taking it to a shop. Would probably want some kind of stitching around the hole. I did cut the plastic away from the buttons, had to push painfully hard to work them. Used some snips and a Dremel for that which turned out pretty good.
    01-17-12 10:03 PM
    mmmm not a bad idea, now in Saudi but next time I go back to Indonesia I mite have it done by someone who knows what he is doing, I myself neither have the right size of fingers to do it nor the magic touch however if anyone needs something broken beyond repair gimme a shout and I'll drop by myself or send my little daughter who has inherited the same magic skills
    01-17-12 10:09 PM
    if you buy the rapid charger, it connects using a magnetic power adapter. It allows you to charge with the case closed. Wire comes out the side between pb and case.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    copperoak likes this.
    01-18-12 07:06 AM
    Have thought about doing that and had also thought of taking it to a shop. Would probably want some kind of stitching around the hole. I did cut the plastic away from the buttons, had to push painfully hard to work them. Used some snips and a Dremel for that which turned out pretty good.
    I like the button mod idea. Any chane you could post a picture of the finished product?
    01-18-12 07:18 AM
    I checked the local leather shop for punches. They didn't have a punch that would get it in one shot. They had an oval that was too small- probably take 4 punches plus some trimming. Also had round punches that would take about 4 punches plus some trimming. Do-able but might take some practice to find spacing of punches to make it look good.
    01-18-12 06:10 PM
    Dremel and an exacto should do the trick. But then again it will probably end up looking like a hack job.
    01-18-12 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD