my gf uses her playbook at school, the wifi is free but to get on you need to enter your student credentials on a java applet i believe. this is the page shes getting when she tries to use the wifi

any ideas?
    06-01-11 12:53 PM
    Right now the Playbook does not have the ability to run Java applets. It can run Java Script in the browser, but not Java Applets in the OS. RIM will need to release Java for Playbook for this to happen. I need ability to run both Java Applets and Citrix to access my work e-mail. Citrix is coming, but no clue on Java. Hopefully they will release Java this summer when they release the ability to run BBOS applications.
    06-01-11 01:31 PM
    can the bb run applets? if so could she get the bb authorized on the wifi network, then could the bb grsnt the playbook access the way it does with all the other hotspots?
    06-01-11 02:23 PM
    Gotta luv Cisco and the Universities for making wifi so damn difficult. My office environment is the same way, i.e. Cisco. I gave up and use a 3G modem w/ cradelpoint router ( precursor to mifi ).
    06-01-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD