If an iphone can be jailbroken...why not the blackberry playbook.If we can get developers,programmers. To basically re design the android apps to run on the Playbook.I know RIM promised in summer11 they will be delivering the android apps store...but seriously...we know that is going to be pushed back to october. If we can work on this and sell it i am willing to pay $25 for the jailbreaking program and we can access the best of both worlds. Lets face it, Flash on a tablet is still the best thing...but guess what android has thing in its new models.
    Today i walked into staples- saw 8 different android tablets with a nice app store. Wonders whats next for me with my playbook.
    07-15-11 09:29 PM
    I think you'd make some money if you developed an autocorrect feature. Many here would give you $1.99 each for the basic version.
    07-15-11 09:34 PM
    blackberrys are developed to be secure.

and with no details/documents publicly available to public (not even NDK)

chances are we will see not only android player but even email before this thing gets rooted or jailbroken
    07-15-11 09:35 PM
    they code sign all the OS libraries, and they verify the libraries with keys stored in hardware, so by the time you get a non signed library loaded, you've trashed the hardware so much its not really a PlayBook anymore... so no one bothers. BB security rocks.
    ignites likes this.
    07-15-11 11:36 PM
    they code sign all the OS libraries, and they verify the libraries with keys stored in hardware, so by the time you get a non signed library loaded, you've trashed the hardware so much its not really a PlayBook anymore... so no one bothers. BB security rocks.
    yup...reason why i own a PB and BB. security is top notch
    ignites and Stump3r like this.
    07-15-11 11:39 PM
    And the real question is why is there a need to "jailbreak" it? You do that on an iOS device so that you can load applications that aren't provided through the app store or Apple has decided to pull it from the app store.

If you really want to sideload a PB, it's not that difficult and they give signing keys out at no cost. No real need to jailbreak it, you are basically free to load whatever you'd like on the device.
    donjunto likes this.
    07-16-11 01:52 AM
    Everything is possible... maybe someone will do it [DEV] Rooting Blackberry Playbook - xda-developers
    http://www.cmw.me/crackpad.jpg
    Last edited by lucian777; 07-16-11 at 03:20 AM.
    07-16-11 03:16 AM
    If you really want to sideload a PB, it's not that difficult and they give signing keys out at no cost. No real need to jailbreak it, you are basically free to load whatever you'd like on the device.
    ...sound logical...

...the problem now is, what we are going to "sideload" then?...
    07-16-11 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD