I almost sold my playbook and kept galaxy tab plus. I was upset about all the situation with os10. I even put playbook on ebay for sale but i just cancelled all bids and i will return galaxy tab back to the store this afternoon. at the end there was just too many things i did not like about android honeycomb especially that the taskbar cannot be hidden. this is so 80s and so annoying watching movies or playing games. too many android apps done for phones not tablets. I would risk to argue that android has less apps done for actual tablets than there is apps for playbook. galaxy tab is cheaply done tablet imo and waiting for ics update when jellybean is already out is just wrong. samsung users were waiting for os update for a year now. supposedly samsung is extra slow with any updates. finally there are apps that i really like on my playbook and i am not willing to give them away and they are not availalbe on google play.
    Last edited by bitek; 07-10-12 at 09:27 AM.
    07-10-12 09:12 AM
    It appears you made a decision based on respective qualities of the two different devices.
    07-10-12 09:42 AM
    I almost sold my playbook and kept galaxy tab plus. I was upset about all the situation with os10. I even put playbook on ebay for sale but i just cancelled all bids and i will return galaxy tab back to the store this afternoon. at the end there was just too many things i did not like about android honeycomb especially that the taskbar cannot be hidden. this is so 80s and so annoying watching movies or playing games. too many android apps done for phones not tablets. I would risk to argue that android has less apps done for actual tablets than there is apps for playbook. galaxy tab is cheaply done tablet imo and waiting for ics update when jellybean is already out is just wrong. samsung users were waiting for os update for a year now. supposedly samsung is extra slow with any updates. finally there are apps that i really like on my playbook and i am not willing to give them away and they are not availalbe on google play.
    You're right. I've said this before,as have others, all tablets have their issues. Those that praise android and complain about slow updates for BB and PB need to ACTUALLY read about the track record for android updates. Just Google android update delays and you will be presented with all the news, articles, complaints and stories you can handle. No thanks, I'm happy with the PB. OP, glad you tried both and kept what works best for you.
    sleepngbear and PatrickMJS like this.
    07-10-12 10:06 AM
    @bitek, glad to see you came to your senses.
    bitek likes this.
    07-10-12 10:10 AM
    ARE YOU CRAZY???????

Just kidding I guess you wouldn't know unless you tried.
    bitek likes this.
    07-10-12 10:10 AM
    After finding out that bb10 was delayed , i jumped ship , bought a Galaxy tab 2 7" , and stopped half way(half ship) and said to myself i just cant get rid of my playbook(too many reasons i chose it in the first place)+ i love the hardware(why i chose a gt2-same hardware), and I'm keeping both('droid brings me what I'm missing from my playbook till bb10 shows up)
    I know what you mean about the taskbar being in the way,but the gt2 has ICS and in movies and stuff it still wont Hide, but it does try to fade out of view abit
    07-10-12 11:06 AM
    After finding out that bb10 was delayed , i jumped ship , bought a Galaxy tab 2 7" , and stopped half way(half ship) and said to myself i just cant get rid of my playbook(too many reasons i chose it in the first place)+ i love the hardware(why i chose a gt2-same hardware), and I'm keeping both('droid brings me what I'm missing from my playbook till bb10 shows up)
    I know what you mean about the taskbar being in the way,but the gt2 has ICS and in movies and stuff it still wont Hide, but it does try to fade out of view abit
    i know that is not exactly android fault but i cannot stop myself from trying close apps with swiping gesture. There are some cool stuff on android (i do like widgets a lot) but overall my impression is that android os is awkward to operate. Playbook os is more user friendly. I swear i could not find one good night clock app on android. All of clock apps that i downloaded were inferior to what i have on playbook. Finally i think this is totally idiotic that certain apps are not compatible on the samsung (no chrome, no firefox).

perhaps android phones are superior to blackberry 7 phones but android tablets suck.
    Last edited by bitek; 07-10-12 at 11:30 AM.
    07-10-12 11:27 AM
    Everybody uses their devices for different reasons. You were fortunate enough to be able to try two of them and compare and then go with what works the best for you. Nice!
    07-10-12 11:27 AM
    i know that is not exactly android fault but i cannot stop myself from trying close apps with swiping gesture. There are some cool stuff on android (i do like widgets a lot) but overall my impression is that android os is awkward to operate. Playbook os is more user friendly. I swear i could not find one good night clock app on android. All of clock apps that i downloaded were inferior to what i have on playbook. Finally i think this is totally idiotic that certain apps are not compatible on the samsung (no chrome, no firefox).

perhaps android phones are superior to blackberry 7 phones but android tablets suck.
    I know what you mean going and swiping on droid and no effect,I wish they had it,i figured out that i can get swipe gestures on my ipod (work'in nice too),but I'm still looking for droid(qnx is soo intuitive),droid feels like I'm running windows on a tab with the taskbar.....

....I never thought of using a clock app.

the only thing that sucks about my droid tab is i don't yet have qnx dual boot(i just rooted my tab, so I'm gonna try-out of curiosity & fun )

the reason i don't bring back my droid tab is it has usb host , microSD and root-abillity for dev'ing, playbook features I don't have

Seriously,I'm stuck between the two tabs,because thats what it takes for me to get what i need, so I'm keeping both(still cheering for RIM,just not as loud as before,being patient for bb10)
    07-10-12 12:31 PM
    Before I bought my Playbook, I spent a month with a Galaxy Tab 10.1. I, too, found the Android UI to be a bit clunky, and the "multitasking" - such as it was - to be uneven and poorly conceptualized. Then, on a lark, I grabbed a PB during the pre-Christmas fire sale and my eyes were opened. The build quality, the form factor/portability and, of course, the multitasking! It was the first tablet that I could envision using as my primary computing device - and this coming from a hard core Windows NT user for 15 years (i.e. version 3.1 - before 2000, XP, Vista, et al).

Long story short, the Tab went back (gotta love Costco), the PB got a friend (bought a 16GB for my wife), and we all lived happily everafter.

RCK
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 07-10-12 at 12:58 PM.
    kbz1960 and sleepngbear like this.
    07-10-12 12:51 PM
    RIM should really push Playbook. This new shiny Nexus 7 with QC CPU is still so 80s compared to PB QNX. Once you get used to swiping gestures it is impossible to go back to any type of buttons and taskbars.
    kbz1960, DAnklaud and knottyrope like this.
    07-10-12 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD