What about BBM and Jelly Bean support?
    We'll be able to side load the Android BBM app to our Playbooks when BBM is released for Android & iOS.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-03-13 03:09 AM
    I think the PB browser is the slowest, clunkiest browser on any tablet, anywhere. It is progressively getting worse. If the PB had the BB10 browser, it would make me happy.
    Well opinions vary. I have found slowdown in the browser and laggy response when typing. I've since discovered - at least for my personal usage of the PlayBook what seems to contribute to this and how to keep it snappy. That it is progressive, hints usage is a factor. Personally, I found the email client, configured to use a large mailbox had a significant bearing in the browser getting slower and slower.
    07-03-13 03:34 AM
    This might be the case for you, but for most people there're too little apps. How many of the so called top apps are available for the PlayBook?
    Blaq is the only non-Android app I'm using on my PlayBook. And even most of the Android apps are side-loaded.
    I have bought only three apps on my PB and stopped buying apps because I have been afraid that they won't work after an update to BB10. And now there's even less motivation to buy apps on a dead system.
    Perhaps that is why I said, and I quote: "apps aren't that important to ME". In my case, it is a question of useablility and function. If I can get these through a snappy browser where an app is absent, I will use the browser. It doesn't matter how I get the functonality, just as long a I can do what I need or want to do. I wasn't attempting to infer that is what should be important to others. If they feel they can only work with apps or simply prefer them over using a browser, then they need to find the platform that will deliver that.
    07-03-13 05:00 AM
    I dunno but I don't recall Thor saying PlayBook are on end of life. BB10's not coming but it is still SUPPORTED. On top of that, our Z10 is a lot powerful than the PlayBook but had HALF memory left 1GB / 2GB. And since PlayBook has only 1GB....

On the other hand, given BB10 and PBOS uses the same Kernel, it might be theoretically possible to just bring the libraries from BB10 to PBOS so that apps in BB10 may work on PBOS. At least that's how can they attack this

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:15 AM
    We'll be able to side load the Android BBM app to our Playbooks when BBM is released for Android & iOS.
    Not unless the PlayBook's android runtime gets ICS or above; BBM for Android requires v4, while the PlayBook is forever stuck on 2.3

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:27 AM
    Not unless the PlayBook's android runtime gets ICS or above; BBM for Android requires v4, while the PlayBook is forever stuck on 2.3

Posted via CB10
    Where does it say the version needs to be above v4?

Whatsapp requires version 2.1 and above, has over 200 million users worldwide, I'm certain a good chunk of their users are on a version below 4.
    07-03-13 06:19 AM
    Where does it say the version needs to be above v4?

Whatsapp requires version 2.1 and above, has over 200 million users worldwide, I'm certain a good chunk of their users are on a version below 4.
    http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...s-summer-.html

Posted via CB10
    imz likes this.
    07-03-13 06:23 AM
    lol Blackberry... you never cease to amaze me
    07-03-13 06:31 AM
    Almost everything on the PlayBook still works for me but older coding is resulting in increasingly poor browsing and multimedia experiences and now Twitter is no longer part of the integrated native e-mail.
    My Twitter account still shows up in my integrated messages application. In what way is it no longer part of the integrative native app? I more or less agree with the rest of your post, just wanted some clarification on this point.
    07-04-13 06:59 PM
    My Twitter account still shows up in my integrated messages application. In what way is it no longer part of the integrative native app? I more or less agree with the rest of your post, just wanted some clarification on this point.
    Yes, the symbol shows up but on June 12th, Twitter closed down the old API so Tweets no longer appear on the native e-mail app which uses the old API. http://www.berryreview.com/2013/06/1...ables-old-api/

I have had no tweets show up in my inbox for a couple of weeks now. I now have to use the browser version of Twitter.
    07-04-13 11:37 PM
35 12