Realistically, the PlayBook is 2 years old, but the hardware is still pretty good. The biggest deficiencies with the PlayBook are the browser and keyboard and the crippled bridge. If BlackBerry could do the following, I think the PlayBook would be a solid little tablet:

1. Apply the BB10 keyboard.
    2. Apply the BB10 browser.
    3. Bring back full Bridge support.

That would do it for me. I really don't need the "Hub", "Peek" or "Flow". The current UI is pretty good, just speed the thing up a bit.
    07-01-13 10:29 AM
    and Apps but we all know it's coming soon.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    07-01-13 10:32 AM
    and Apps but we all know it's coming soon.
    You know... the app situation is not that important for me. I would rather have a solid browser. There are currently enough apps to get me through the day.
    07-01-13 10:41 AM
    You know... the app situation is not that important for me. I would rather have a solid browser. There are currently enough apps to get me through the day.
    Well said but you missed out a functional bridge for bb10

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:45 AM
    Ooppppsss no you didn't! My apolagise

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:46 AM
    Well said but you missed out a functional bridge for bb10

Posted via CB10
    Ooppppsss no you didn't! My apolagise

Posted via CB10
    You just can't pass on a PB thread... LOL
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 10:47 AM
    I'm sorry but I don't know anyone other than Crackberry members that use PlayBook 's so a cross platform video chat app would be great, Also, Netflix would be great!!! Maybe turn the video store into a free streaming service for all PlayBook owners. If not, maybe they could send us all some Vaseline, because it makes getting a** raped a bit more tolerable. Two years and they failed to deliver... SMH!
    07-01-13 10:59 AM
    You just can't pass on a PB thread... LOL
    I know and wherever I go I see you! We are just kindred spirits with different titles!
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 01:26 PM
    I know and wherever I go I see you! We are just kindred spirits with different titles!
    Lendo the sad_old_man 78 years old?

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 01:29 PM
    We are

Lendo the sad_old_man 78 years old?

Posted via CB10
    78 yrs old or born in '78?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 01:30 PM
    We are

78 yrs old or born in '78?
    I was dropping bombs on people from a great hieght in 78. Good fun as well. By the way due to my stupidity why 78?
    07-01-13 01:37 PM
    I was dropping bombs on people from a great hieght in 78. Good fun as well. By the way due to my stupidity why 78?
    My bad ;p

But I think Lendo must have meant 1978

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:21 PM
    My bad ;p

But I think Lendo must have meant 1978

Posted via CB10
    So did I
    07-01-13 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry did not cripple the bridge if your phone and tablet is under the BlackBerry Balance. I guess they thought corporate users need the enhance performance then the consumer. There are other things you can do now when bridge which you couldn't do before the new phones. Example, access to network shares on your phone and tablet. Corporate email and contacts are now in the Massage and Contact folder on the PB not in the Bridge folder. Work and personal data remain separate and can have only the work day swipe. You can push Apps to the phone and PB from a separate Work App Store.
    07-02-13 08:33 AM
    Realistically, the PlayBook is 2 years old, but the hardware is still pretty good. The biggest deficiencies with the PlayBook are the browser and keyboard and the crippled bridge. If BlackBerry could do the following, I think the PlayBook would be a solid little tablet:

That would do it for me. I really don't need the "Hub", "Peek" or "Flow". The current UI is pretty good, just speed the thing up a bit.
    i thoguth the browser was PB strongest point. i mean... it got flash right? you would think that is the most powerful technology ever created since CB users tend to keep talking about it.
    07-02-13 11:02 AM
    I don't care about BB10 in and of itself coming to the PlayBook. It is more a case of how the PlayBook went from being a device still part of the BB ecosystem to suddenly being cast out with no possibility of getting anything updated - this after months of being left with a broken bridge.

Almost everything on the PlayBook still works for me but older coding is resulting in increasingly poor browsing and multimedia experiences and now Twitter is no longer part of the integrated native e-mail. We need but won't get anything to keep the PlayBook useable over the hardware's normal usable life - and two years (less for me since I got my first PlayBook only 11 months ago and the second one six months ago) is not a reasonable lifespan.

It is good that the browser has flash but it isn't the latest veersion and it shows with increasing numbers of flash videos stalling and / or not playing correctly. The browser stalls more often than not and requires constant closing and reopening to get it to finish loading certain web pages. Lack of a system to organise bookmarks is a major shortcoming.

I'm not so concerned about the app situation and would be less so if the browser was more reliable.

Since no further news about the PB has come from RIM on the subject (it is midday Tuesday in RIM land), I can only presume we are being left to our own devices on how to go forward. Having consumer laws in Canada like they have in Germany would have been a great help in this situation where I could give the product back to the seller for a full refund and get something with a better track record for development and support.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 07-02-13 at 08:56 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 11:26 AM
    i thoguth the browser was PB strongest point. i mean... it got flash right? you would think that is the most powerful technology ever created since CB users tend to keep talking about it.
    I think the PB browser is the slowest, clunkiest browser on any tablet, anywhere. It is progressively getting worse. If the PB had the BB10 browser, it would make me happy.
    stego and brianatbb like this.
    07-02-13 05:20 PM
    BlackBerry did not cripple the bridge if your phone and tablet is under the BlackBerry Balance. I guess they thought corporate users need the enhance performance then the consumer. There are other things you can do now when bridge which you couldn't do before the new phones. Example, access to network shares on your phone and tablet. Corporate email and contacts are now in the Massage and Contact folder on the PB not in the Bridge folder. Work and personal data remain separate and can have only the work day swipe. You can push Apps to the phone and PB from a separate Work App Store.
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:38 PM

Beside that Mrs. Lincon how was the play? . You've missed the point. There are no engineering dollars for the playbook anymore. You need really understand what Thor was saying. The whole performance thing was just a nice way to say - we lost a **** load of money on the playbook - OS10 sale are not meeting expectations and we need to cut expenses and restructure our priorities before the board fires my ***". Sorry for the blunt graphic language but this fanboi sight really creates a distortion reality.
    07-02-13 08:51 PM
    As an owner of. Z10 and two Playbooks, I find nothing wrong with PB OS. I use a PB most days. It has all the apps I need and a good email client. UK users don't need Netflix. Check out Wuaki TV which works perfectly in the PB browser. PB hardware is very robust. Any OS maintenance upgrades which come my way, I will take and be grateful for. I wish Blackberry well in difficult times. No other phone company has such a friendly and interesting customer ecosysten.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:31 PM

What about BBM and Jelly Bean support?
    07-02-13 11:53 PM
    This might be the case for you, but for most people there're too little apps. How many of the so called top apps are available for the PlayBook?
    Blaq is the only non-Android app I'm using on my PlayBook. And even most of the Android apps are side-loaded.
    I have bought only three apps on my PB and stopped buying apps because I have been afraid that they won't work after an update to BB10. And now there's even less motivation to buy apps on a dead system.
    07-03-13 02:14 AM
    I know I'm a sad creature who is easily pleased but.....Ive enjoyed using my Playbook, and mine is not going to miss something it has never had.....and something it has never had will not detract from my enjoyment of using it if it doesn't get it

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry, rthonpm and HedoBum like this.
    07-03-13 02:56 AM
    Can someone please explain this to me?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-13 03:02 AM
    I would have liked Host USB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-13 03:03 AM
35 12