I have an ipod touch and I've purchased some songs from itunes.

Is there a way I can also listen to these songs on my playbook too?

Things are currently set up so my ipod touch is the only authorized device to access these purchased songs on the Apple system. I've learned that I can only change authorized devices every 30 days and it only works for me to access them using the ipod touch, not my laptop.
    Although I guess I could switch access through my laptop temporarily if that's the only way to get them onto my playbook.

So is there a way to copy these songs to the playbook too from the cloud?
    03-10-13 12:40 PM
    Why aren't these songs already on your laptop? How do you sync your Ipod? How do you load songs on your Ipod that you didn't purchase from Apple? Can you plug your Ipod into your laptop and map it as an external drive (I know I can with my old Ipod Video)? If your songs are in aac or mp3 format, you should be able to play them on your PB. You may not be able to access Apple's cloud service with your PB, but you should be able to transfer the songs to other cloud services and play them from there. For accessing music from the cloud, probably the best app for doing so is ES File Explorer, which needs to be sideloaded, since it's the only app that I'm aware of that will allow you to cue a bunch of songs for playback.
    03-10-13 01:02 PM
    in blackberry world type in (itunes share) free app by turner teknologies, you can list all files in your itunes playlist and sync them with one click. not usedit myself ut seen some good reviews and its free,thx tony
    03-10-13 05:26 PM
    I own an iPod Touch 5th generation (replacing an iPhone 4S for my DRM music and all iTunes video), 64Gb BlackBerry PlayBook & a Z10. They all use my DRM free music that I sync using iTunes and BlackBerry Link software on my PC. If your music has been dowloaded to your PC then using BlackBerry Link you can instruct the software using the settings page to use your iTunes library.

Using the iTunes software on the PC you can authorise up to 5 computers in addition to your iPod. You can also de-authorise previously authorised computers. iTunes will request your Apple ID and password to confirm this.

To transfer to either the PlayBook or a Z10, you start up BlackBerry Link then attach the BlackBerry hardware using a USB cable and wait until the software sees it.

From the tab highlighting your PC, select the 'music' section and select the tracks that you want to transfer and use 'drag-and-drop' to drag the tracks onto the tab for the device you want to use. Once the sync has completed these tracks should be on your device be it a PlayBook or a Z10.

Hope this helps.

Please note that I do not know how to transfer any iTunes music or movie videos and that this advice only applies to Digital Rights Management free music. DRM music produces an error message in the BlackBerry software indicating that those tracks were not transfered.
    Last edited by ozycomms; 03-10-13 at 11:17 PM.
    03-10-13 10:50 PM
    wow,,, not bashing but i've heard people complain about itunes,,, now i see why,,, sounds like a real pain in the azz just to hear your own music or music that you've paid for,,, ugh...
    03-11-13 12:21 AM
    You can also drag and drop your itune music folder into your playbook music folder. Depending on the amount of music you have, you might want to do that overnight.
    03-11-13 01:47 AM
    in iTunes you can have five authorized computers and and number of mobile devices iPhone iPad, iPod Touch, etc. As long as you can plug your Touch into any computer, you can use it to transfer the songs to your playbook.
    03-11-13 12:31 PM
    that's messed up them telling you how & where you can use/put your music...
    03-11-13 05:38 PM
    You can transfer from iTunes using iTunes Sync - an app by Daniel Bigham on app world. Am not promoting it, don't own it, but it has excellent reviews...you can check it out if you are interested. I noticed there are other iTunes apps as well!
    03-11-13 08:34 PM
    I use BlackBerry Link (Windows Desktop Application) to transfer my Itunes library onto my PlayBook. I purchase songs from Itunes and have no problems playing them on my PlayBook
    03-14-13 12:09 PM