Can I get away with not having itunes junk on my p.c. to use my Playbook?

I don't think I'll be playing much music on it anyway and I am a long term fan of Media Monkey and can also use Windoze Media Player if needs be.

What about films? I can format them in whatever file so would I still need itunes to load them on to the Playbook?

Many Thanks
    09-07-12 07:35 PM
    iTunes is software designed by Apple for Apple products.

You will not have to use iTunes for the PlayBook.
    Anna Key likes this.
    09-07-12 07:47 PM
    Yep, one of the big perks is you can completely bin itunes if you like and just drag and drop folders onto it like a removable drive (either over usb or wifi if you don't mind a hit in transfer speed)

As for movies I believe it's ac3 audio you need to avoid, most other formats should be okay and can just be dropped over the same as other files
    Anna Key likes this.
    09-07-12 07:47 PM
    Thanks a million guys. That makes me very happy. I just don't want their bloatware hogging my p.c. even when it never gets used.

Have a virtual beer or malt on me.

Cheers.

Donnee likes this.
    09-07-12 07:51 PM
    Reminds me I really should get around to uninstalling it... Who knows maybe I'll go back to winamp for the nostalgia value
    09-07-12 08:08 PM
    Actually, a number of free program available for syncing BB playbook with iTunes like DoubleTwist and iTuneAgent etc. In addition, this iTunes DRM media converter can help you to convert DRMed media files from iTunes to open, plain file formats for BB Playbook.
    Last edited by Wisconsinguy999888; 09-09-12 at 09:33 PM.
    09-07-12 11:12 PM
    The only thing I miss about itunes is the ability to organize my photos in albums in a sequence that I choose not by file structure or metadata. If anyone knows how to do this on the PlayBook, I would appreciate it greatly. I've tried organizing by dragging and dropping only to have photos revert to organizing by metadata. I despise slide shows. Other than photo albums that I can create, the miseries and rigidity of an itunes sync are like going to jail .
    09-08-12 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD