I have searched other threads but can't find a short answer. If you rent a movie from iTunes and transfer it to a PB, will it play?
    02-04-12 11:52 PM
    Probably not as they are DRM protected. You'll have to do some work to get them to go.
    02-05-12 12:18 AM
    The way that someone would go about moving drm mp3s (burn to audio cd, rip to mp3) would work... It would reduce the quality, but it is was possible a similar process would probably work for video.

I wouldn't buy a movie from itunes with the intention of attempting to move it to the playbook though.
    02-05-12 01:06 AM
    No it will not.
    02-05-12 08:27 AM
    Thanks for the input..............."NO" was the answer that I expected. Wish we PB users could get a good place to rent movies. I don't believe that Amazon Prime will work either.
    02-05-12 03:07 PM
    Its coming with 2.0. They will be launching a video store when 2.0 is released (in the US first) and other countries later.
    02-05-12 03:13 PM
    Amazon works just fine
    02-05-12 03:45 PM
    Yes, streaming Amazon works. You just can't download episodes you've purchased to play offline unfortunately. I'm not sure you can do that on any tablet except their own Fire. I wish I knew a way to do it. I purchased a British show called Misfits on both Amazon and iTunes and can only watch it on my computer not on the Playbook or my Windows phone. i hate that the vids are so locked down to the hardware of the specific provider.

Other than that though, I've happily been ripping my dvds and recording shows from broadcast to put on my PB. I just can't do that with Misfits because the dvds aren't sold here (region 1 ones anyawy) and it's not broadcast here. The only other way to watch it that I know of here in the States is Hulu which sigh....
    Last edited by Swirlz; 02-05-12 at 06:37 PM.
    02-05-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD