I love my Playbooks and I would love a stripped down version of Blackberry 10 asap but on the condition that Rim ( now Blackberry) bit the bullet and were honest with us and said there is going to be an all new Playbook!

Because that is the way forward many things need to change with the Playbook and the sooner the better.

Kev you have the ear of Blackberry now deservedly so let's tell them we don't mind an all new Blackberry 10 Playbook!

And get the ball rolling fast so as not to lose ground.

Here is what I think an all new Blackberry Playbook should have (My Top Ten!

1 Blackberry 10 OS
    2 a new screen size more like the other fruits mini pad the Playbooks screen is too narrow.
    3 a much bigger processor maybe 1.8Ghz Duo core.
    4 More ram 2gb min with an expandable port to 4gb
    5 an Sd card slot that takes the 64gb cards as standard
    6 12mp camera with flash
    7 5mp 2nd camera
    8 some type of attachment lens for wide angle zoom etc.
    9 Bluetooth 4
    10 usb 3

Ok now when you look at my top 10 you see straight away that the current Playbooks are not going to cut it over the next 2 years!

Can any Playbook Owner honestly say that in 2015 he will be happy with the specs of his current device?

I think most will want a upgrade ( I want it now) so lets be transparent from the start and tell Blackberry to do the same.

Kev lets see what Crackberrians want from their new Playbook and tell Blackberry we may just get lucky!

I would also like an all new Blackberry device which I call a WORKBOOK which has a bigger screen and even more powerful processor more ram etc etc

What do you want tell Kev tell Blackberry lets get this going!
    Last edited by White9900; 02-07-13 at 10:35 PM.
    02-06-13 07:05 PM
    You may want to add another item, 11 Nuclear power plant!
    02-06-13 07:29 PM
    OK. I'll play Kev. So, done- we'll make a tablet that meets all of your demands. Now, how much are you willing to pay for it?
    02-06-13 07:35 PM
    I have one desire for my PlayBook. When I see something I would like to do on a tablet, I want my PlayBook to do it. I want to see "find it in BlackBerry World" as ubiquitous as "find it on iTunes" or "find it in the PlayStore".

On the day that is possible, or even if 90% of the top 600 apps were available for my PlayBook, I promise I will never again whine about the PlayBook ever again. Ever!
    trynacu2 and brianatbb like this.
    02-06-13 07:44 PM
    You obviously dont know the difference between GB, MB and MP.
    02-06-13 07:47 PM
    This will never happen since Blackberry has said that they won't focus on anymore tablets in the near future. Playbook fans will have to wait for BB10 when and if it comes to our Playbooks. I hope we do get it because the Playbook has its limits and gets boring with the lack of Apps.
    02-06-13 08:46 PM
    My only critique of your list is maybe instead of a 12gb camera, we get a 12mp camera, haha. Could 't resist Good list though
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:55 PM
    I want a side mounted hdmi port instead of at bottom... Or... A charging base with the hdmi port accessed through the base of charging pod, and a usb port on the charge pod too! Please
    BigAl_BB9900 and brianatbb like this.
    02-06-13 10:11 PM
    This will never happen since Blackberry has said that they won't focus on anymore tablets in the near future. Playbook fans will have to wait for BB10 when and if it comes to our Playbooks. I hope we do get it because the Playbook has its limits and gets boring with the lack of Apps.
    I'd be interested to see your source as my information is different. Although handsets will no doubt be Blackberry's focus, I have personally heard from Blackberry that they will continue to make tablets. My sources are as follows:

1. At the Blackberry Enterprise forum in Winnipeg in November 2012 they were clear there would be another tablet in 2013.
    2. Thorsten Heins in an interview yesterday (Feb 5) on CBC's The Current stated that Blackberry would continue to produce handsets and tablets.

I am guessing that we will see a new tablet from Blackberry in 2013. Going back to the OP, I would like to see in a new tablet from Blackberry:

1. Wifi hotspot if LTE enabled, or "repeater" when wifi only. When I am travelling I carry a netbook with Connectify so I can pay for one wifi connection and connect my Playbook, my wife's Playbook, my son's Playbook and our various phones and other devices.
    2. USB OTG so I can plug in a USB device (like my DSLR) and transfer photos to my Playbook
    3. Slightly larger screen - not Ipad large but bigger than 7” for better reading using Zinio.
    4. Faster multi-core processor-quad would be nice.
    5. More system memory
    6. Faster Bluetooth so I can maximize bridge speed when using my future LTE Z10.
    7. A real docking station with charging, wireless keyboard, stand, USB and wired LAN connection, and HDMi.
    8. Better build quality especially in relation to the HDMI, USB and charging port. They either fail or are flaky at best. My HDMI just quit on me.
    9. Reliable wifi drivers. Every time I upgrade the OS it connects better to some routers but breaks others. Sheesh.
    10. Finally, and this is easy for Blackberry, OS10 with full featured bridge to OS10.

Can't wait to see what Blackberry delivers in 2013. So far they are off to a fantastic start.
    02-06-13 11:46 PM
    10 characters
    02-06-13 11:57 PM
    The "Top Wants" are really great... but if it takes time for BlackBerry to even upgrade the current PlayBook to BB10, that "Top Wants" will always be part a dream... a wonderful dream...
    02-07-13 12:07 AM
    For the actual price (200~300USD) I will have just settle for a thinner PlayBook and of course lighter
    02-07-13 07:35 AM
    In the defense of any device manufacturer, you can't get blood from stone. Instead of things, maybe focus on functions.

The ports are together as they sit on a narrow mainboard. Putting one on the side will add cost.
    They probably could get an 8 inch screen with smaller bezel and almost same dimensions.
    The problem with RAM is that the more we have is that devs become lazy and make hidden hogs for apps. Or users, like me, open 5 while only really using 2.
    SoCs, memory and camera sensors will always become incrementally better as price fall for the latest and greatest. I would prefer a non fixed-focus optics and led flash as a in-place upgrade. With the bulk pricing of the phone, it may be easily achieved.
    SD slot should be good. OTG should come with OS update.

As a second size, a 11-inch with a transformer-like or surface-like snap on keyboard.
    02-07-13 09:00 AM
    10 characters
    You would buy a whole new PB just to get Skype?
    02-07-13 10:04 AM
    OK. I'll play Kev. So, done- we'll make a tablet that meets all of your demands. Now, how much are you willing to pay for it?
    Is that with or without the nuclear reactor?
    02-07-13 02:02 PM
    On the OPs list:

I'm for:
    - BlackBerry 10. Mostly because I want the apps, better email and (in theory) faster performance due to Cascades. Plus I like new stuff.
    - SD card. Would be nice to store photos and videos on.
    - The USB thing would be nice if it speeds up my backups.

I'm mixed on:
    - The RAM and the 1.8 GHZ processor. But I'm also not entirely convinced that better specs is the answer. Prefer better code. I don't feel inhibited by PlayBook hardware the way I do my iPod Touch or my old Torch say.
    - 12 MP camera with flash. The flash I like but don't see the need for megapixels. I won't be zooming in on photos from far away and then printing them into billboards. ;-)

I don't care:
    - For a screen size like the Mini.
    - Expandable RAM. I don't think you'll ever see this. Tablets are meant to be self functioning hardware wise and then replaced.
    - The wide angle lens or 5 MP front camera. I doubt I'll be ever using it as a main camera. That's my phone.

What would Bluetooth 4 give?

you see straight away that the current Playbooks are not going to cut it over the next 2 years!
    There is a newer PlayBook ...

I'd prefer new apps. Kindle, Skype and Netflix on it. And maybe some of the games my friends play.
    02-07-13 02:11 PM
    OK, so if I understand well, if a new playbook is coming, your top 10 can be resume as: better spec...
    Do you realize that, if blackberry make a new tablet, the new spec will be better, it's obvious.
    By coming here I was ready to see wishes like: portrait mode to replace the original landscape, smaller bezel, bigger size... But no, only spec...
    02-07-13 02:23 PM
    I really want the ability to make phone calls on a cellular network. I want to get reduced down to one device instead of 2.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 06:57 PM
    Sorry for the typos mp gb etc, please continue with your comments its getting interesting!
    02-07-13 10:38 PM
    I'm happy wiht my current playbook. I like the size. I'm not a power user so the specs are fine for me. However, I was appalled when I read that the bridge for BB10 phones was terribly stripped down. I want full bridge capabilities as I have now with my Bold 9930. Also, I want the darn app store to work from the bridged connection.

-Tom
    Revampd likes this.
    02-08-13 01:01 PM
    The ability to run Silverlight. Then I could watch SKY news in bed
    02-08-13 01:16 PM
    I concur with suggestions #1, 3, 9 and 10. The 8 mp camera takes very nice images, thank you, but flash would be nice. I also hope that boot up will become faster. At 2 min. 20 seconds it is s-l-o-w.
    We need more utility type apps.
    02-08-13 01:45 PM
    My wants are pretty simple.

Arrow keys and a tab key on the virtual keyboard.

Ability to password lock a folder on the main screen.

Change the screen timeout time to "always on" when plugged in.

Rearrange and rename bookmarks in the browser.

I don't need a million apps or text messaging through bridge, just some basic stuff that should have been updated a long time ago.
    Revampd likes this.
    02-08-13 01:47 PM
    Don't be shy keep the suggestions and wants coming they are watching you know!
    02-09-13 01:05 AM
    I have but one simple request. Stylus support. The whole reason I refuse to go miniPad/maxiPad, Galaxy Tab, etc. Only other device atm that cuts it is the Galaxy Note 10.1 (however I do believe there's a Galaxy Note 8.0 now or coming soon) but it's too big. I actually prefer the 7" form factor. And no, the Surface Pro doesn't count to me as a tablet.
    02-09-13 05:47 AM
33 12