You updated to a new OS and then suddenly you have a smaller update a day or two later? It's NOT an update. Certain apps are seemingly required by the OS and if you delete one you will get an "update" that puts it back.

Delete Kobo or FB for example and you will suddenly have an update and the app will be back. Looks like the list of required apps has changed though since NFS is now deleteable.

Please move along, there is nothing more to see here....
    Last edited by Fonz0; 06-09-11 at 09:35 AM.
    06-09-11 07:18 AM
    So much for customizing the Playbook, the way i want it to look. If I can't delete something, then dont' allow me to delete it in the first place. I wonder how many tech. support calls this is causing. At least give us the option to hide the bloatware like we can on a BB.

-Kang
    06-09-11 07:55 AM
    Someone sticky this please.

Nah forget it people will still make another post about it.
    06-09-11 08:31 AM
    Same for the email shortcuts, they will be re-added in with a 5MB update..
    06-09-11 08:32 AM
    Someone sticky this please.

Nah forget it people will still make another post about it.
    +1 to sticky this.

People will still make posts about it, but I think it would lower the number a bit.
    06-09-11 08:39 AM
    Hopefully this will be resolved in a future update. Would be great to delete things you don't want on it.

I agree to having this up at the top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 08:42 AM
    Even though someone made a thread about this, which should be sticky as said above.
    I'm sure we'll have all the users who don't know about our lovely search feature still post, sadly.
    06-09-11 09:48 AM
    I think we need a stickie for this.. I am tired of seeing 10 posts a day where people get all excited. Hello?? If the update is the exact same os version you think they would clue in.
    06-09-11 09:48 AM
    What we need to do is keep bumping this thread, so it *hopefully* catches the eye of the next few kids who get so excited about a 5mb OS update with the same version number that they just have to start a thread this instant and tell everyone about their awesome upgrade from OS 1.05 to OS 1.05 currently downloading!!!!!!

So how 'bout that weather today? Little spicy, huh?
    06-09-11 09:58 AM
    Regret, this topic has only been reposted many times.
    06-09-11 09:58 AM
    How is this a surprise to anyone it has been the same thing since day one of the playbook?
    06-09-11 09:59 AM
    or.... delete whatever you please and stop getting a hard on every time you see a small "upgrade"
    06-09-11 10:23 AM
    Yeah... but the real question i need answered... will this non-update work on my 9700?
    06-09-11 08:45 PM
    Yeah... but the real question i need answered... will this non-update work on my 9700?
    Yes, yes it will! : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 09:17 PM
    What is funny is even with this being stickied or not people type in a thread title and are greeted with a VERY handy feature which reads:
    Here are the similar threads we found:
    So if that feature doesn't work this wont work either.

I guess it is the a problem with the Facebook/Twitter crowd that has a need for the "look at me" attitude. Sad really.
    06-09-11 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD