I couldn't agree more! I dumped all my bb products this month because of their terrible support structure, mainly stemming from appworld issues. It's intolerable in this day and age when the competition have ecosystems that work flawlessly and are 100x more vast. If RIM decide to step up their game and finally invest in a system that works and a support structure to back it up I might go back and try again. Until then, hardware aside, the competition is a better fit for me.
    This is FUD, boys and girls. Just continue to buy apps and support your device.

Those who spread fear, uncertainty and doubt should be recognized. This person represents 1/100,000 of the consumer here.

And you are feeding a thread where the OP not only called himself stupid, but I must assume he bunched all of us under that blanket !

Open your hearts people, listen
    !
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-03-11 at 08:32 AM.
    12-03-11 08:29 AM
    One big problem with Apple experience, is somthing like: blah blah, give me more money.

every feature they add, must be reasonable for current year's sale; they could add camera for ipad 1, but they dont; they could earn enough money for that year so only give camera ipad 2. even for every consumer a camera is so basic and must have for any such device.

now i refused to buy anything more from Apple if not necessary.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-03-11 08:31 AM
    I couldn't agree more! I dumped all my bb products this month because of their terrible support structure, mainly stemming from appworld issues. It's intolerable in this day and age when the competition have ecosystems that work flawlessly and are 100x more vast. If RIM decide to step up their game and finally invest in a system that works and a support structure to back it up I might go back and try again. Until then, hardware aside, the competition is a better fit for me.
    Glad you're much happier; see ya'!
    jamesbondOO7 and oemastiff like this.
    12-03-11 08:33 AM
    I used to despise iTunes as well. I was running a Dell computer and it was a few years old. I recently bought an iMac and surprise, surprise it works flawlessly and fast. Very fast.

There are many other improvements with this upgrade from PC to Mac but this is what the term ecosystem is all about. Smooth and seamless integration across phone,tablet, desktop and even Television. Even integration built into the operating systems of all these different forms is huge.

RIM has a long way to go in this regard and I fear they won't get there if they only think this is a smartphone world and a mobile world.
    12-03-11 08:37 AM
    No one went nuts cause it was something negative about it.
    Whatever. I guess I am not "religious" enough.
    12-03-11 08:52 AM
    I used to despise iTunes as well. I was running a Dell computer and it was a few years old. I recently bought an iMac and surprise, surprise it works flawlessly and fast. Very fast.

There are many other improvements with this upgrade from PC to Mac but this is what the term ecosystem is all about. Smooth and seamless integration across phone,tablet, desktop and even Television. Even integration built into the operating systems of all these different forms is huge.

RIM has a long way to go in this regard and I fear they won't get there if they only think this is a smartphone world and a mobile world.
    Yep they got you huh. Well this thing doesn't work so great with my pc so I guess I'll have to buy a mac. Oh it does this and that but I guess I'll have to buy this and that to make these things work.

BTW I don't see RIM making desktops anytime soon lol. But I get your drift and I think the reason to change to QNX/BBX was to get on that path. I just hope they don't go apple way of if you want to do this you have to buy this to do it.
    12-03-11 08:53 AM
    One big problem with Apple experience, is somthing like: blah blah, give me more money.

every feature they add, must be reasonable for current year's sale; they could add camera for ipad 1, but they dont; they could earn enough money for that year so only give camera ipad 2. even for every consumer a camera is so basic and must have for any such device.

now i refused to buy anything more from Apple if not necessary.
    I am exactly like you. I like the iPad, but I cannot stand the Apple company.
    12-03-11 08:56 AM
    Sweetheart, this is my personal experience. You don't have to agree with it you don't have to like it but it is what it is. I will say that after years of using BlackBerry products it is a shame that it came to this.

This is FUD, boys and girls. Just continue to buy apps and support your device.

Those who spread fear, uncertainty and doubt should be recognized. This person represents 1/100,000 of the consumer here.

And you are feeding a thread where the OP not only called himself stupid, but I must assume he bunched all of us under that blanket !

Open your hearts people, listen
    !
    12-03-11 09:21 AM
    Glad you're much happier; see ya'!
    I am. Thanks
    12-03-11 09:21 AM
    Yep they got you huh. Well this thing doesn't work so great with my pc so I guess I'll have to buy a mac. Oh it does this and that but I guess I'll have to buy this and that to make these things work.

BTW I don't see RIM making desktops anytime soon lol. But I get your drift and I think the reason to change to QNX/BBX was to get on that path. I just hope they don't go apple way of if you want to do this you have to buy this to do it.
    I used to think that way. But you would be hard pressed today to find MacBook users that aren't happy with their computers. They work well and they impell people to want to try other apple products too. This is what successful companies try to achieve. There is nothing sinister about it and it isn't a religion. It may be a novel concept in the world of wanting stuff cheap but happy customers (fanboys) should be every companies goal.

RIM needs to focus more on the entire user experience of blackberry but they seem more driven by chasing hardware specs without regard to the greater picture. Namely the software and ecosystem. QNX roadmap shows that they may finally be getting it. We will see if they ca execute it.
    lavrishevo and allengeorge like this.
    12-03-11 11:40 AM
    I used to think that way. But you would be hard pressed today to find MacBook users that aren't happy with their computers. They work well and they impell people to want to try other apple products too. This is what successful companies try to achieve. There is nothing sinister about it and it isn't a religion. It may be a novel concept in the world of wanting stuff cheap but happy customers (fanboys) should be every companies goal.

RIM needs to focus more on the entire user experience of blackberry but they seem more driven by chasing hardware specs without regard to the greater picture. Namely the software and ecosystem. QNX roadmap shows that they may finally be getting it. We will see if they ca execute it.
    True I think there is a big difference between the mac, laptop etc. line then the mobile line and they do make great products but like anything they aren't for everyone.

Hope RIM can and does execute or I'm afraid it's the end of them.
    12-03-11 11:46 AM
    Not that it is really relevant, but I just wonder what the Apple experience is. They have pretty boxes, yes, but RIM's are not bad. For the real product experience, Apple is slightly sleeker at first impression (if one forgets the iTunes interface which is the ugliest and most impossible to use interface), but RIM is definitely more clever in the real world. Not my intend to bash Apple, I don't really care, but I am just curious why one could feel that there is something like the Apple experience.
    The Apple Experience, for me, is the way all the devices interconnect with one another: I can stream music from my computer onto my iPad or iPod, and in turn direct that music to Apple TV and play it on my stereo system. I can wirelessly beam what's on my iPad screen onto the TV, or with an app access my desktop computer As well, FaceTime video and the messaging system work well within Apple devices. So all these reasons are why I went with Apple for a tablet, I don't own or want to own Apple computers, but the mobile end of Apple is well integrated, the so-called Apple ecosystem.

Amazon will soon have a similar integrated ecosystem experience, and I think it will be successful: people want content, and they want it in a way that is mindlessly easy to get: the PB isn't there yet, maybe in Feb 2012. I believe at one point we will also have a nice integrated Blackberry experience, but RIM needs to realize that content is king, not necessarily gimmicks like Bridge (for people at don't own a BB, Bridge is indeed a gimmick).
    12-03-11 12:06 PM
    I think that success of any platform is directly tied into the vibrancy of the surrounding ecosystem.
    12-03-11 12:06 PM
    The Apple Experience, for me, is the way all the devices interconnect with one another: I can stream music from my computer onto my iPad or iPod, and in turn direct that music to Apple TV and play it on my stereo system. I can wirelessly beam what's on my iPad screen onto the TV, or with an app access my desktop computer As well, FaceTime video and the messaging system work well within Apple devices. So all these reasons are why I went with Apple for a tablet, I don't own or want to own Apple computers, but the mobile end of Apple is well integrated, the so-called Apple ecosystem.

Amazon will soon have a similar integrated ecosystem experience, and I think it will be successful: people want content, and they want it in a way that is mindlessly easy to get: the PB isn't there yet, maybe in Feb 2012. I believe at one point we will also have a nice integrated Blackberry experience, but RIM needs to realize that content is king, not necessarily gimmicks like Bridge (for people at don't own a BB, Bridge is indeed a gimmick).
    Nice synopsis, IMHO.

People want to get content easily, and will even pay premium prices to get it quickly and easily.
    12-03-11 12:10 PM

This is a good point. Some of us left brain dominant types relish the challenge if figuring stuff out, figuring how to get this brand device to play nice with that brand device. But we are in the minority. The airport extreme and express wireless roters are the highest rated in the industry, yet getting the extreme to easily play with my windows pc was a pain. Mac was a charm. Most people don't want the challenge, they just want seemless enjoyment.
    12-03-11 12:15 PM
    One thing is for sure. It seems on the surface, that RIM has woken up (dare I say even Mike and Jim?) Execution is key, and it looks like they have a focus point to target, and are working their way towards it. You can succeed when you bring the right people on board and are willing to listen.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-11 04:45 PM

Thanks for that. I have the feeling I can achieve all the same with my PB.
    12-03-11 05:07 PM
    ive had mine a week, no problems with the os, browser, or app world. tons of apps. i ve already walked out of the office to starbucks to do some docs 2 go-ing in peace. wow, love that. only weird thing so far is after working on a doc via bridge, i couldnt email it back to the client on my playbook - had to pull out the actual blackberry. suspect thats a corporate security thing.

so sorry to hear youre having problems. my pb is smooth, sweet, fun and useful. looking forward to os2 and more apps.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 06:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD