I honestly can't remember when the last time was that I restarted my Playbook - and it seems the Playbook is none the wiser. Surely I'm not the only one.
    11-01-12 09:04 PM
    Oh yeah? Does it mean it's always on and plugged on to a power source? If not, I suspect you must be charging it up more frequently. You can't fool the law of physics (or electricity)
    rimshot 1 likes this.
    11-01-12 10:51 PM
    I never restart or turn it off either. Having great battery life, lasts all day and charge at night (while on). It is a workhorse for sure.

I just bought the dock today and was thinking of using a "bed mode" app with a clock, but not sure if it would be good to have the screen on all the time.
    meganVee likes this.
    11-02-12 01:07 AM
    I never restart or turn it off either. Having great battery life, lasts all day and charge at night (while on). It is a workhorse for sure.

I just bought the dock today and was thinking of using a "bed mode" app with a clock, but not sure if it would be good to have the screen on all the time.
    Been doing so for over a year - no ill effects. Antair Nightstand is the best of bunch, IMO.

RCK
    BerryClever likes this.
    11-02-12 02:41 AM
    I restart mine from time to time (about every three weeks) Just to clear the bats out of the plumbing. If the little buggers are even in there
    11-02-12 06:01 AM
    Same here i never turn mine off or reboot it.. But now that you brought it up i think i just might reboot it since i cant remember the last time i did besides the last update
    11-02-12 06:52 AM
    i very rarely restart or turn off my pb... performance doesnt drop a single bit (well none that is noticeable to me) bring on the bb10 smartphone as well!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    meganVee likes this.
    11-02-12 09:17 AM
    Mine stay on 24-7, on the charger at night the off to the race in the morning.
    11-02-12 10:00 AM
    Same here i never turn mine off or reboot it.. But now that you brought it up i think i just might reboot it since i cant remember the last time i did besides the last update
    Check you're ram before and after, you will see a marked difference. Rebooting is just maintenance as is clearing you're cache, history, etc. on your browser. I suspect a lot of people run in to problems by not doing regular "housekeeping " chores
    11-02-12 10:38 AM
    I turn mine off at night cuz I see no reason to leave it on while I'm sleeping and I figure clearing up the cobwebs is good - but that's just my personal preference. Waiting a few minutes for it to boot up while I'm making coffee in the morning is no big deal. For those that need it for work etc. I can see why you'd want to leave it on. To each his own I guess.
    11-02-12 02:41 PM
    There is no reason to turn it off or restart except for updates and to try to fix what those updates do to your device.
    11-02-12 02:44 PM
    My PlayBook as well as my daughters PlayBook is always on.
    I put mine on my dock at night, still turn on just in stand by mode and my daughters gets charged a couple times a week when the battery is at 5% from constant usage over a few days.
    I restart during OS updates... And very seldom otherwise.
    Let's hope that BB10 is the same!!!
    11-02-12 03:00 PM
    Been doing so for over a year - no ill effects. Antair Nightstand is the best of bunch, IMO.

RCK
    +1 Antair Nightstand rocks!
    11-02-12 04:40 PM
    I think I'm just horrible on my battery or something, I gotta recharge mine a couple times a day but I also don't let it get below 20% and try not to charge it above 80%. My battery health has dropped to 87% since I got this unit a few months ago (thanks Crackberry forum members who donated, I haven't forgotten yall just don't have much to say (nothing new there)), so I do that to try and prevent it from dropping any quicker than it already has. I also restart it alot, but the Mango Android app seems to mess up after a few hours, as does DOSbox, so i have to to continue what I am doing. Not complaining though, I love my PB and can't wait for BB10!
    11-02-12 04:56 PM
    I restart mine from time to time (about every three weeks) Just to clear the bats out of the plumbing. If the little buggers are even in there
    I was trying to do that too, guess I should add a reminder.
    11-02-12 09:09 PM
    Check you're ram before and after, you will see a marked difference. Rebooting is just maintenance as is clearing you're cache, history, etc. on your browser. I suspect a lot of people run in to problems by not doing regular "housekeeping " chores
    I would agree. Kind of like the Unix system we used to have, so stable you just had to force yourself to do it.
    sputneek likes this.
    11-02-12 09:11 PM