So last night out of no where, my PB started to act up. I enabled wifi and it connected fine. About 5 minutes into web browsing, no websites load. I turned off wifi, enabled again. Browsed for another 5 - 7 minutes, same issue occurred.

I've tried restarting my PB and even left it off all night long. Tried again this morning, got the same problem. Every other device in my house works fine on the wireless network. The PB used to work fine until last night. I'm thinking the wifi is fried.

The only thing left for me to do at this point is do a security wipe. If that doesn't work, I'll have to contact RIM. Anyone else with a similar issue?
    07-01-11 08:01 AM
    My PB randomly disconnects from wifi every few minutes, then automatically reconnects. I've searched the forums for solutions, but haven't been able to fix it yet. There are a few more threads on the subject. From what I can tell, it seems to be a random problem (some people don't have any problems). I hope to find a solution soon. As much as I love my PB, it is somewhat annoying.
    07-01-11 08:22 AM
    Have you tried restarting your router?
    07-01-11 08:25 AM
    Also, try updating your router's firmware.
    07-01-11 08:26 AM
    I'm running a DIR-655 and it has the latest firmware available (it's had the same version of firmware for awhile).

Also - what is strange is that my PB still shows I'm connected to my wifi, it does not show it as being disconnected.
    Last edited by Speczorz; 07-01-11 at 08:42 AM.
    07-01-11 08:30 AM
    So last night out of no where, my PB started to act up. I enabled wifi and it connected fine. About 5 minutes into web browsing, no websites load. I turned off wifi, enabled again. Browsed for another 5 - 7 minutes, same issue occurred.

I've tried restarting my PB and even left it off all night long. Tried again this morning, got the same problem. Every other device in my house works fine on the wireless network. The PB used to work fine until last night. I'm thinking the wifi is fried.

The only thing left for me to do at this point is do a security wipe. If that doesn't work, I'll have to contact RIM. Anyone else with a similar issue?
    Plenty of reported issues with d-link routers. The playbook doesnt place nice with them. My DIR-625 needed some tweaking of settings to get a stable signal for the playbook (other devices worked fine). Here are my settings:
    1) set to g only or g/n mixed
    2) auto channel/transmission
    3) visible ssid (not hidden)
    4) wpa2/aes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Speczorz likes this.
    07-01-11 09:35 AM
    I had similar problems with phones and computers on my old DIR-625 a few years ago. I could change the setting to make one or two devices happy, but could not get them all to connect. I gave up and just got an Apple Extreme router, as the main problem is I couldn't find a setup where both my Blackberry Bold 9000 and my Wife's iPhone 3 would both stay connected.

That DIR-625 was moved to my cottage, where we are now, and I started having problems with with the Playbook disconnecting, as well as a friends dell laptop. The Playbook problems at the cottage probably started around 1.05, as I was in the cottage in April the week the Playbook was released and it worked fine then. The software for this version of the DIR-625 has had no updates in a couple of years and there is no open source software available for this model. My solution was once again to get the latest Apple Extreme Router and the problems went away. The new version of the Apple Extreme router also includes simultaneous 2.4 and 5ghz wifi. The Playbook works well on both.

I suspect the Playbook is using some feature of the wifi or security specifications, that is not implemented properly in the offending routers.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 07-01-11 at 09:50 AM.
    Speczorz likes this.
    07-01-11 09:48 AM
    Plenty of reported issues with d-link routers. The playbook doesnt place nice with them. My DIR-625 needed some tweaking of settings to get a stable signal for the playbook (other devices worked fine). Here are my settings:
    1) set to g only or g/n mixed
    2) auto channel/transmission
    3) visible ssid (not hidden)
    4) wpa2/aes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for the suggestion.

1) It's set to be mixed
    2) Not too sure - I'll have to double check when I get home from work.
    3) It's visible
    4) Already running WPA2
    07-01-11 09:52 AM
    I hate to say it, but your Playbook could be dead. I had a very similar thing happen to mine. I picked it up from standby and ALL connections were shot. No bluetooth, no wifi. I couldnt even pick up any ssid's. I tried the wipe and to manually upgrade OS, but beware, if you do so and you still cannot connect, you will not be able to get by the initial setup (it requires wifi)!

I ended up having to send mine in to RIM.

Good luck, let us know if you can fix it...
    07-01-11 09:04 PM
    the wifi connection is not good. at home with a good router, its servicable. right now im at a hotel...my netbook shows a perfect signal, same for my daughters crappy tab, the pb barely connects, and drops routinely.
    07-01-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD