Anyone else haven issues lately connecting playbook to computer? Use to work wirelessly but doesnt anymore and now even when i plug the cable in computers wont find it.
    10-12-11 10:29 AM
    Are you using the IP address wifi-sharing method:

There's a quick and easy workaround to this problem. Oddly enough, this is the preferred method of connecting, described in this BlackBerry Knowledge Base article. First, you'll need the IP address of your PlayBook. Open the PlayBook's settings by tapping the Gear icon in the upper right of the Status Ribbon. Select the About tab, and then select Network from the drop-down menu. You want the IPv4 address, which will probably be something like 192.168.x.x

Windows XP. Use the Windows Key-R combination to open the run menu. Type \\192.xxx.x.x That's backslash-backslash your-playbooks-ip For example, I would type \\192.168.1.2
    Windows Vista, Windows 7: Same thing, but you can also type that in the bar at the bottom of the Start menu
    Mac: "[S]elect Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)"

If that fails, you might want to reboot/restart your pb
    10-12-11 10:49 AM
    I have no issues using both methods.
    Just to eliminate the less possible reason, did you check in you PB's options that File sharing and Wi-Fi sharing are ON?
    10-12-11 10:55 AM
    jjjahn:

I think I may have had a similar issue to you. I resolved it by unplugging my PB, turning it off, and re-connecting it to my computer while it was still turned off.
    10-12-11 10:57 AM
    jjjahn:

I think I may have had a similar issue to you. I resolved it by unplugging my PB, turning it off, and re-connecting it to my computer while it was still turned off.
    Will try that once when i get home. As for other , yes wifi and sharing are turned on. Will have to try the ip address once for wifi.
    10-12-11 11:05 AM
    for the wifi access via IP address under W7 , you can simply hit "Start" then in the search field : file://192.168.0.xx (where 192.168.0.xx is your PB IP address).

WARNING : if your PB is connected to the PC by USB, this won't work, because the IP address is forced by the BB Desktop Software (like 169.254.182.xx).. You can see/test it while USB connected (reject connexion, go to settings/About, select Network in info drop-list. Mind the IP, unplug, see it change. Note: you'll have to wait a litlle (20 sec.) before being able to connect by WIFI after doing this).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-12-11 at 11:25 AM.
    10-12-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD