UPDATES:
    To save time I am backing up some data to prepare a security wipe.
    I will continue to pursue other methods to fix this issue short of a security wipe in the mean time so keep shooting out potential solutions.

UPDATE 2 SOLUTION:

Backed up data<Security Wipe<Restore Data Wifi seems to work.

I tried recreating the problem by doing a security wipe and restoring my applications. After restoring my applications, logging into all of the applications, reinstall my Android applications, I was unable to reproduce the problem.

For those experiencing the same problem I just, this may be a valid solution for the mean time.

UPDATE 3:

Issue reoccurred a few hours later and quickly went back to normal.

--------------------------------

Wifi was working flawless on several networks before the problem occurred, I have tried this on three different networks.

Network 1: Starbucks Wifi
    Network 2: Home Wifi with WPA Personal AT&T 2Wire (tried WPS Push-Button and PIN method)
    Network 3: Hidden Home Wifi with WPA2 AT&T 2Wire (no WPS)

Other devices work on these networks such as laptops, and smartphones. After reading information below please start voicing out any solutions you may think of.

I am having issues connecting to my any wifi network using my BlackBerry PlayBook. I try to connect to a network and the following events are as follows:

Attempt 1 of 3 Connecting to Network
    Attempt 1 of 3 Associated with Network. Waiting for Authentication.
    Attempt 2 of 3 Attempt Failed. Waiting to Retry.
    Attempt 1 of 3 Associated with Network. Waiting for Authentication.
    Attempt 2 of 3 Attempt Failed. Waiting to Retry.
    Attempt 3 of 3 Attempt Failed. Waiting to Retry.

Failed to connect to the network. Please check your password and try again.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Failed fixes tried:

Rebooting routers
    Restarting PlayBook
    Connect Manually
    Automatically Obtain IP Address Unchecked
    Disabling Bluetooth and Bridge and attempting to connect.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Other notes:

Changing the Security Types is not a valid solution due to security reasons.
    Yes I am running 2.0.0.6149, downgrading is not a valid solution, the issue began occurring long after the installation.
    Yes, I security wiped before and after installation, all software is up to date.
    My BlackBerry Bold 9000 connects flawlessly, currently when Bridged I use my Bold to tether as a bandage fix.

Wi-Fi Information
    Diagnostic Information - Wi-Fi Information

Failure Reason: Failed to connect to the network.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Security Wipe is a last resort due to the amount of time it takes to re-download software.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by CL8Baller; 12-23-11 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    12-23-11 12:39 AM
    The most common fix I've seen, and what has worked for me, is to disable wireless N on my router.
    12-23-11 12:41 AM
    The most common fix I've seen, and what has worked for me, is to disable wireless N on my router.
    I wish I had wireless N on Network 3, it is my primary network, I am trying to find solutions if any as I tinker with my router as I wait for more advice.
    12-23-11 12:43 AM
    Ditto here.

Tried all the same steps as the OP did to remedy the situation.

My 9780 has not had any probs connecting to wi-fi networks.

What gives?
    12-23-11 07:46 AM
    Disconnect from Bridge. Delete the saved profile from the Playbook. Reboot Playbook. Connect to Bridge. Let the WIFI profile from your BlackBerry device automatically be added to the playbook via Bridge. See if that helps.
    12-23-11 07:51 AM
    Yes I would delete the profiles on the playbook and reboot and add the connection again.
    12-23-11 08:04 AM
    Disconnect from Bridge. Delete the saved profile from the Playbook. Reboot Playbook. Connect to Bridge. Let the WIFI profile from your BlackBerry device automatically be added to the playbook via Bridge. See if that helps.
    Tried your suggestion TWICE.

Prob NOT resolved.

NOT happy.
    12-23-11 08:19 AM
    Since you are bridging, it may also be getting wifi network profiles from your phone. Try deleting the network on both your phone and the Playbook. You should do this when not bridged, so turn off bluetooth before trying to delete the networks.

Try connecting again. If it doesn't work, you may just need a different router.

Have you looked at the router logs to see what the error is at the router end?
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-23-11 at 08:30 AM.
    schiri likes this.
    12-23-11 08:24 AM
    set your router to g only and pick a channel other than the default. a lot of people leave their channels as default be it 9 or 11 and with too many people on the same channel, signal quality drops.

Download inSSIDer and Discover the Wi-Fi Networks Around You | MetaGeek is such a tool that lets you see all the wifi routers in your area and their channel.

for example:

buncha ppl have 6 and 10 as their channel. set yours to 1-3 and your wifi signal will be solid as no one else is using those bands. less interference = profit!

then turn off bluetooth and hard reset your playbook. check wifi and/or manually enter. once connected, turn on bluetooth
    12-23-11 08:26 AM
    This sounds more like a hardware failure than the typical playbook wifi issues
    12-23-11 08:30 AM
    I have tried this method with a different problem and it did work, in this case it is being stubborn.

set your router to g only and pick a channel other than the default. a lot of people leave their channels as default be it 9 or 11 and with too many people on the same channel, signal quality drops.

Download inSSIDer and Discover the Wi-Fi Networks Around You | MetaGeek is such a tool that lets you see all the wifi routers in your area and their channel.

buncha ppl have 6 and 10 as their channel. set yours to 1-3 and your wifi signal will be solid as no one else is using those bands. less interference = profit!

then turn off bluetooth and hard reset your playbook. check wifi and/or manually enter. once connected, turn on bluetooth
    This is good information to know, I have changed the channel and although my other devices seem to load web pages and download at a faster rate, my PlayBook is still being stubborn.

This sounds more like a hardware failure than the typical playbook wifi issues

Not hardware, I am guessing software or stubbornness, seems to work now. Information regarding what I had to do is included in the original post.
    12-23-11 11:56 AM
    If it were me what I would do is backup and debrick it. I understand many will not want tot do this. It is weird there are so many different experiences with the wifi. When I got mine I was away from home. I went to Burger King and did the setup and initial update there, went smooth as could be.

Got home and connected no problem to the cheapest linksys N router they make. I have since bought a netgear dual band router and have never had a problem with it set to mixed mode. Infact I have a stronger signal with the new router. Anywhere I have been mine connects even in the parking lot of where that has free hotspots.
    12-23-11 12:08 PM
    Well, while you stated being in Beta 2.xxx, I'll say that we read a lot of complains about wifi when the upgrade was straight from 1.7, without wipe. I guess the wipe process you did after made things back.
    Difficult to say if it's a general behavior but seems pretty wise to always install a beta OS over a *clean & stable * system, as it is mostly certain that setup process has not yet been optimized for every typical situation, moreover if you have sideloaded apps or "special" software on board.
    Each beta release did improve my wifi perfs and stability so far, over the 3 modem/routers I've been using since I got my PB.
    12-23-11 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD