(This post has been edited to provided better understanding of the situation)
    The technical issue:
    I am having issues connecting to a public wireless hotspot where there are several wireless hotspots with the same name. You may view the attached images below for a sequence of events.

Real-life issue
    At my college, in each building, there are roughly two to four wireless hotspots with the same SSID. With a laptop you are able to see each individual SSID, I am not with the PlayBook.

I cannot connect to any wireless hotspot with my PlayBook unless I am in range of only one which is hard.

Additional information
    I can access it with my OS5 BlackBerry Bold 9000 where I am only able to see one SSID name as well as my laptop which will see two to four of the same SSID name.

There is an agreement login like your average Starbuck.
    I can use the public wifi in your average Starbuck.

Ideas?

What has been tried

I have tried deleting saved profiles on my PlayBook and Bridged Bold.
    I have tried connecting while Bridged and not Bridged.
    I have also tried restarting with the wifi on and wifi off
    "Allow inter-access point handover" on and off.
    I have tried doing it automatically and manual with public default settings.

Currently running latest OS2 build, I have always had this issue but now I am getting picky.
    Last edited by CL8Baller; 03-04-12 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Details
    03-04-12 10:32 PM
    If you have any of the hotspots profiles saved, delete them, and try again. I have had similar trouble at where different hotels that use the same essid, maybe it is a similar problem. Maybe also check whether your WiFi is set to N or G only
    03-04-12 10:40 PM
    If you have any of the hotspots profiles saved, delete them, and try again. I have had similar trouble at where different hotels that use the same essid, maybe it is a similar problem. Maybe also check whether your WiFi is set to N or G only
    I have tried deleting saved profiles on my PlayBook and Bridged Bold.
    I have tried connecting while Bridged and not Bridged.
    I have also tried restarting with the wifi on and wifi off.
    It's either my college's wifi that is stubborn or my PlayBook.
    03-04-12 10:46 PM
    Also, I would make sure that the box is checked for "Allow inter-access point handover" in the profile.
    03-04-12 10:46 PM
    Also, I would make sure that the box is checked for "Allow inter-access point handover" in the profile.
    Always had no idea what that did but I have tried using that checked and unchecked.
    03-04-12 10:47 PM
    I have tried deleting saved profiles....
    Sorry, previously missed the bottom of your post.

Do you get to your login screen? Or a red asterisk on your WiFi icon?
    03-04-12 11:00 PM
    Sorry, previously missed the bottom of your post.

Do you get to your login screen? Or a red asterisk on your WiFi icon?
    When I am at let's say a Starbuck or a public library and within the estimated radius of only one of two networks with same name I would get the prompt to log in. But in this case when I am in the radius of two or more networks/hotspots (whichever you choose to call it) with the same name I simply cannot connect, the connection times out and I cannot login because I am not connected to the network.
    03-04-12 11:07 PM
    I am seeing what I think is same issue. Boatload of access points around the office for "visitor" wifi.

I used to be able to connect no problem and then could login in the hotspot login screen. But since last Friday I can no longer connect with the playbook...just get connection timed out.

My phone (BB9700) still connects no problem and gets me to hotspot login screen.

I'm not saying there isn't an issue locally, but seems very similar to OPs issue, and is only affecting the Playbook. Have seen no issues on other wifi where only one access point would be seen.

I've deleted any saved profiles etc, but no improvement. At the moment I am forced to use bridge and or tethering to get internet access for my PB at work...ugh.
    03-06-12 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD