I am having an issue using messages with the bridge. It was working fine until this afternoon when i tried to open an email and the screen just kept on flickering and the green circle spinning.

Didn't think much of it but I am still unable to open the message app. Screen just flickers, any ideas to fix it. I have done the following.

Restarted the PlayBook, and it was a no go. Disconnected bridge and reconnected. Then i removed the device from my bluetooth connections and removed the tablet from the bridge app. paired the devices and still same. I also did a complete shutdown and tried to pair after that and still not working. All other bridge functions appear to be working. I really dont want to do a wipe.

I am waiting for a friend to come and will try their device as well.
    07-05-11 05:16 PM
    thats very odd. So you tried re-setting up the bridge from scratch and still a not go? How about removing the bluetooth conections and bridge from both devices reboot both then try again? I noticed you rebooted the playbook but not your phone(or maybe you did and I misunderstood). Good luck either way and keep us posted on results from your friends device. Worst case scenario I'd say do a full backup of the playbook then do a security wipe and try.
    07-05-11 06:07 PM
    So I tried everything, found another thread that suggested deleting some mail items and then the messaging App worked, but nothing.

I even tried another BB and bridged it and same behavior with the messaging application, so factory reset here i come.
    07-06-11 09:11 AM
    So I did a security wipe and it worked for the first time, tried to get back in and looping screen again.
    07-06-11 11:10 AM
    Hi I'm having same problem with my PB running os 1.0.6.2390 bridge with both a 9800 & 9700 wondering if its a bug with this os hoping for a software update soon
    07-06-11 12:18 PM
    same issue, have googled and searched endlessley. short of security wipe i believe i have tried everything...

*****fixed it***** I just kept on deleting emails until it worked. very scientific i know. i think the culprit may have been a large email with flash or other "external content".

Anyway, its fixed and the love affair with PB is back on.
    Last edited by jimred07; 07-08-11 at 06:55 PM.
    07-08-11 05:55 PM
    Same thing started happening to my PB the other day. About ready to chuck this thing and get a new ipad. Seriously disapppointed in RIM.
    07-10-11 09:37 PM
    For the Same issue with PB OS2 and BB Curve devices (my model 8900 WiFi) I discovered simply by accident that if I deleted the device from the PB and deleted the device also on the Phone then went back through the "manual pairing' process then the result was that the token exception error was cleared on the PB and I could see the email messages in Bridge mode once again with no flicker issues. I have taken both devices through successful power down and back up again with success and the Bridge view of email still works without any screen flicker.

It seems that repairing resets the PB and phone configurations and resets the connection so no issue with flickering.

Thought maybe other Curve owners with PB's would want to try this without security wipe hassle.

06-05-12 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD