I'm running windows 7 64x. I have had a Playbook for well over a year and have used and updated regularly Blackberry Desktop software. However for the past few weeks when I launch Blackberry Desktop software I get the Blackberry symbol screen and then any Blackberry Software screen that comes up thereafter is just a frame of a window. By frame I mean the background of the underside window or windows desktop shows through. If I move the window frame the background that it covers shows through. What is even stranger is I can boot up in safe mode and I can see the normal window. Then the very first time I boot up Blackberry Desktop software in normal mode I can also see the normal window. However if I end that instance and run Blackberry Desktop software again it reverts back to the frame of a window. I do know that there are buttons on the framed screen so if I move the mouse around clicking some times I can get the window to close. However as you can see this make this software virtually unusable. I have tried Blackberry Desktop software versions all the way back to 6 and all between to 7.1, same result.I have installed and uninstalled umpteen times, no change. I have search the forums for 2 weeks now and even reinstalled an image of my C drive back a few months. Same story.
    It appears to be a issue with how the window displays.
    Has anyone any ideas?
    12-23-12 09:19 AM
    Have you done a thorough search and "destroy" of any remnants of the Desktop Software. I'm not current on all of the Windows' software removal tools but there are tools beyond the normal Control Panel's add/remove software. They clean the Registry of any trace. Then try a REinstall.

Good luck
    12-23-12 11:48 AM
    Have you done a thorough search and "destroy" of any remnants of the Desktop Software. I'm not current on all of the Windows' software removal tools but there are tools beyond the normal Control Panel's add/remove software. They clean the Registry of any trace. Then try a REinstall.

Good luck
    If you have McAfee Internet Security, suggest you try the QuickClean utility (remember to tick the box for 'Registry')
    12-23-12 08:02 PM
    I am away from my main PCs. With my very old XP, I just cannot get tone on using 7.1
    Desktop Manager to backup before going to 1314. Resorted to copy/paste from PB
    to a TB external drive. Since I do not use the Calendar or Email, not a biggie. Andriod
    Apps seem OK. Still not a pleasant situation. Cannot understand the constant nagging
    on the main system space to switch to 1314, especially in view of my backup woes. Doc Neutron
    12-23-12 08:52 PM
    I would welcome the end of life of BlackBerry Desktop Software, formerly known as BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and its replacement by a full-service BlackBerry Protect with the ability to download the backup file for local storage and corresponding ability to upload a previous backup file to BlackBerry Protect for restoration (full or selective) to the BlackBerry PlayBook. There are some people working in 100% virtual offices whom have no corporate desk and no corporate email client aside from BlackBerry Mail (no to be confused with @blackberry.net addresses).
    12-23-12 08:56 PM
    Revo Uninstaller is a useful uninstaller for Win 7.
    12-24-12 01:15 AM