Hey guys,

So here's the deal, I've had my Playbook for quite some time and absolutely love it. That is until this recent issue is making me want to throw it out a window. I usually watch tv shows I've missed online, on sites like 1channel etc. The problem is first, the browser takes 50 years to load the webpage (You need JavaScript and Flash for this site) and then when the flash video finally shows up the pop ups prevent the video from loading. Sometimes, everything works and then about 20-30 minutes into the video, it either stops loading or the video flickers and blacks out. In contrast Simple browser does this rather effectively, but I'm not to high on SB as it crashes to often. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? It should be noted that when I first picked up the Playbook this was a very rare issue. Has become more prominent as of late.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    11-23-12 11:46 AM
    Hey guys,

So here's the deal, I've had my Playbook for quite some time and absolutely love it. That is until this recent issue is making me want to throw it out a window. I usually watch tv shows I've missed online, on sites like 1channel etc. The problem is first, the browser takes 50 years to load the webpage (You need JavaScript and Flash for this site) and then when the flash video finally shows up the pop ups prevent the video from loading. Sometimes, everything works and then about 20-30 minutes into the video, it either stops loading or the video flickers and blacks out. In contrast Simple browser does this rather effectively, but I'm not to high on SB as it crashes to often. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? It should be noted that when I first picked up the Playbook this was a very rare issue. Has become more prominent as of late.
    OS 2.1.1088 has messed up everything including the browser. OS 2.1 beta was very stable.
    11-23-12 11:51 AM
    check if your connection is not slow when this happens (Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test). Also, clearing cookies, cache, e.t.c. really helps a lot.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-23-12 12:07 PM
    The pop ups pose problems for that Site. 1channel dot ch, I also use the Site on Playbook and found that simple browser plus works much better getting rid of the pop ups and streaming the video.
    11-23-12 07:21 PM
    set ur search engine to bing. it fixed my prob. I was using google, it was lagged and crazy. bing shlt my html5score up to 411!
    11-24-12 12:43 AM
    My browser recently started going super slow and was occasionally not displaying pages. I did a wipe and that didn't help. Then I decided to put in the dns server info from my router and it made a huge difference. I wish I had done it sooner. I haven't had one blank page or error since and it is definitely faster loading pages.

Hopefully this will help someone having issues.
    12-14-12 08:17 AM
    My browser recently started going super slow and was occasionally not displaying pages. I did a wipe and that didn't help. Then I decided to put in the dns server info from my router and it made a huge difference. I wish I had done it sooner. I haven't had one blank page or error since and it is definitely faster loading pages.

Hopefully this will help someone having issues.
    where are you entering the dns info? thanks.
    12-14-12 09:51 AM
    Quick tip for overall speed improvements: device wipe. Just make sure to back everything up first
    12-14-12 09:55 AM
    The "wiping" approach works on my PB... maybe because I haven't done that since I bought my PB... but it really helps and improves the performance of my PB... the only backside is, I lost two of my purchased EA games (and still no answer from the developers and BB AppsWorld) and another two purchased Apps which I need to buy again because the price has been changed...

I'm still willing to buy those Apps and games because I used them a lot, and without them, it seems that my PlayBook lost some important usages... but I would probably wait for BB10... "price" might change again...
    12-14-12 11:05 AM