Hi - I was wondering, is it possible to use an iPhone5 with a BB PlayBook as a wireless router?

So, could I turn the iPhone5 on, search for wireless networks on the PB and then join it and be able to surf using my PB? (Assuming my carrier allows tethering of course).

I know there were some compatibility issues with the iPhone3 - I just can't see anything written about how the PB works with the iPhone5.

Thanks,

Harry
    10-26-12 02:25 PM
    This should be possible using Mobile Hot Spot. This turns your phone into a 'Hot Spot', meaning more of a router sending out a wifi symbol for wifi enabled devices to access the internet. Might give it a try. Check with your carrier first. Most of the time this feature is a monthly fee.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    10-26-12 02:33 PM
    Probably.... from what I hear there isn't anything that the Iphone 5 can't do. I heard it jumped 25 miles from the edge of space without a parachute and survived just one day after someone else jumped 24 miles with parachute ..poor guy went through all that only to hold a record for less than 24 hours.

I also heard that it does in fact have nfc but you must be smart enough to use it. Problem is the Iphone 5 is so ahead of its time that NO ONE will ever be able to harness the nfc
    10-26-12 07:49 PM
    This should be possible using Mobile Hot Spot. This turns your phone into a 'Hot Spot', meaning more of a router sending out a wifi symbol for wifi enabled devices to access the internet. Might give it a try. Check with your carrier first. Most of the time this feature is a monthly fee.
    It's called "Personal Hotspot." You can share the iPhone's internet whether it's from Wifi or a wireless carrier.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    10-26-12 08:00 PM
    Yes, it works with my iPhone connected to my home WiFi network and the phone set up as a Hot Spot. But no real reason to do this, since the PB can connect to the home WiFi network on its own anyhow.

I tried to do the same thing the phone on 3G. I can create a HotSpot on 3G too, but the PB cannot connect. I think this is because I have a very basic (flex) data plan with Fido and it does not allow tethering. Same with my SpeakOut UBM plan. I guess it would work with a full-service data plan.
    10-26-12 10:53 PM
    It works for me over 3G with my 4s and playbook on Rogers.
    10-26-12 11:11 PM
    I used this feature on my xperia, and my PB connected fine with it.
    10-27-12 12:58 AM