HTC Sync baby.....
    that **** is worthless too!
    03-25-11 11:49 PM
    If I hear one more ***** say this, I'm going to ban someone. Seriously, Blackberries are reliant on Desktop Manager and so will the PB in terms of Media Sync... we've seen it in the videos. While the PB may allow for mass storage, it's currentlly not known yet, but even if it does allow for mass storage, the idea of using Desktop Manager is still there, so why is everyone so ignorant to that fact. Oh yeah, I forgot... it's a Blackberry and you're a blind fanboy.
    You must be oblivious to the fact that I HATE my Storm, eh? LOL! Calling me a blind fanboy is so hilarious I can't even be mad at you, because nothing could be further from the truth. LOL! Me--a BB fanboy! LOL! You REALLY crack me up. Best laugh I had all day, including some very funny moments.

FYI: go to the Storm forum and check my thread about my storm: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/da...pid-s2-595636/
    03-25-11 11:54 PM
    that **** is worthless too!
    Lol, I know.

On a side note, you know what iDevices need? A native FTP server with password and security control. Then you can hit the thing via a browser and just dump all your stuff on it that way. Heck, you can do that now, but the files are localized within the confines of the app providing said access. That's really the sucky part of iOS. (the sandboxing of each app)
    03-25-11 11:55 PM
    If I hear one more ***** say this, I'm going to ban someone. Seriously, Blackberries are reliant on Desktop Manager and so will the PB in terms of Media Sync... we've seen it in the videos. While the PB may allow for mass storage, it's currentlly not known yet, but even if it does allow for mass storage, the idea of using Desktop Manager is still there, so why is everyone so ignorant to that fact. Oh yeah, I forgot... it's a Blackberry and you're a blind fanboy.
    Threatening to ban people for voicing an opinion that can be backed up by facts, that wouldn't be an abuse of power in the slightest.

If you can't see that the reliance of idevices on itunes isn't vastly greater than a blackberry on dm then it is you that is the blind fanboy, just compare the various uses.

Activating devices, idevices have to use itunes whereas blackberries have various ota options too.

Updating devices, itunes-only again for idevices, blackberries again have the choice of dm or ota.

Loading media, itunes-only unless you use 3rd party options, blackberries have dm, mass storage mode or wireless synching.
    03-26-11 07:11 AM
    Loading media, itunes-only unless you use 3rd party options, blackberries have dm, mass storage mode or wireless synching.
    I'm gonna have to admit brown-nosing the mod here... I should have known my phone had the wireless sync option as I actually use it. Although may I make a point that to set up wireless sync, I have seen that you require Desktop Manager to do a cable-sync first.
    03-26-11 07:17 AM
    Seriously, you sound like an idi0t. With the iPhone/iPad you have no choice but to use iTunes to do anything with your device. With a BlackBerry, I can plug it in and put music, videos, and pictures on the device without having Desktop Manager installed. That is why most people ***** about iTunes, because you HAVE to use it.

Your blind hatred for all things BlackBerry is really old and annoying. And threatening to ban someone is the most lame thing I've ever seen a moderator say or do on these forums. I think it's time you step down and take a beak.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 03-26-11 at 08:35 AM.
    03-26-11 08:24 AM
    I don't thinks it's fair to generalize anyone as Apple sheep or BB fanboys. You choose a product based on what works best for you. I had a storm 9550 and I really liked it but in the same respect I'm not a heavy business user. But my employer gave us the option of switching to the iPhone and the majority of us including many of the doctors changed to the iPhone when our company went with AT&T.

Yes I was impressed with the ease of use and browsing capability. For me personally I like using iTunes, it just makes things easier. I did really enjoy my storm2 but I also really love my iPhone. I do not take what Steve Jobs says as gospel, give me a break! I simply chose a phone that works best for me. Isn't this whole "this phone is better than your phone" mentality a little childish?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 08:58 AM
    Wow you people really think Civic is seriously going to ban someone foor saying that? Maybe someone should develop sarcasm meter for the PlayBook.
    03-26-11 09:34 AM
    Wow you people really think Civic is seriously going to ban someone foor saying that? Maybe someone should develop sarcasm meter for the PlayBook.
    It's not a matter of whether we think she will or not, it's that a moderator on a site like CrackBerry shouldn't act the way she does in general. Seriously, since crossing paths with her I have actually lost respect for the site as a whole. The way I see it, if someone as biased, hateful, and outright rude as her can become an authority figure at a legit site like this, then well, for me it brings into question the legitimacy of this site.
    03-26-11 10:05 AM
    I'm gonna have to admit brown-nosing the mod here... I should have known my phone had the wireless sync option as I actually use it. Although may I make a point that to set up wireless sync, I have seen that you require Desktop Manager to do a cable-sync first.
    The point was that you have a range of options beyond being locked into using dm, I could have also suggested using an external card reader as another one.
    03-26-11 10:40 AM
    I doubt civic would need to ban anyone, the atmosphere on this site these days does more than enough to put off reasonable posters who aren't interested in trudging through the vast numbers of negative posts from trolling iphone/android fanboys who clearly lack something on sites intended for their devices of choice that they have to come and ***** about rim on here all the time.
    03-26-11 10:45 AM
    I doubt civic would need to ban anyone, the atmosphere on this site these days does more than enough to put off reasonable posters who aren't interested in trudging through the vast numbers of negative posts from trolling iphone/android fanboys who clearly lack something on sites intended for their devices of choice that they have to come and ***** about rim on here all the time.
    Exactly, but it makes it worse when a troll is a moderator.
    03-26-11 11:37 AM
    In before the thread closes!!
    03-26-11 11:51 AM
    In before the thread closes!!
    Yeah, it's inevitably going to get locked. Probably by pkcable to prevent more flames. He's a great guy.
    03-26-11 01:33 PM
    Let me just get it out there before this gets locked and people get the wrong impression of me. I love this site and have never had a problem with a moderator our any poster for that matter. I just felt the need to get a few things off my chest that have had me concerned about this place recently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 02:17 PM
    It's not a matter of whether we think she will or not, it's that a moderator on a site like CrackBerry shouldn't act the way she does in general. Seriously, since crossing paths with her I have actually lost respect for the site as a whole. The way I see it, if someone as biased, hateful, and outright rude as her can become an authority figure at a legit site like this, then well, for me it brings into question the legitimacy of this site.
    Kevin said he would ban people if they mentioned his failed Super Bowl commercial prediction. Are you going to yell at him as well?

Instead of trying to call out a moderator in a thread, why don't you take it up with one of the higher ups? ******** in a thread is not going to help solve your opinion of Civic having a bad attitude.

And you might want to retract that bias comment. Every mod was until a few of them ventured outside of the platform.

I understand what you are saying, but this site exists to make money. THe more hits, the more posts the better. This site is nowhere near as strict as others. There are also quite a few people on this site.
    03-26-11 02:24 PM
    I feel you. But it happens. It is an open forum. It is full over users who are currently BB users at the same time as owning other platforms.

Expect users to come and bash BB especially when the media is doing it every day as well. If you want this type of reading material removed, you have to consult the mods or highest up, Kevin.
    03-26-11 02:27 PM
    SLO is in CA? nahhh lol jk

But thanks for your input - I totally agree...I did not, however, say all of them

...and this whole thing spiraled out of control when jokes or light hearted remarks get treated as bible law...especially around here...ffs.
    haha yes SLO is in CA! gotta have somewhere to put gum in alley ways and overly drunk college kids.... (cal poly)

things do spiral out of control around here...
    03-26-11 09:25 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD