08-26-11 09:02 PM
    Actually this is an argument for any Flash-enabled tablet, including the recently discontinued TouchPad. This would also be an argument for Android phones over iOS and BlackBerry, since Android phones support Flash while neither iOS nor BlackBerry do. As the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish for."
    08-26-11 09:10 PM
    "neither iOS nor BlackBerry do."

Good point on Android phones, for BB phones we could add "So Far" not sure it we could say that for iOS
    Last edited by kjm2010; 08-26-11 at 09:25 PM.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-26-11 09:22 PM
    Maybe this was Steve Jobs last act before stepping down... stopping Irene!
    08-26-11 09:31 PM
    it is a hyperlink to satellite imaging that has a flash (animated) and non flash (static image) version "http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/satellite.shtml"
    08-27-11 06:43 AM
    Don't get me started -- I am a devout weather watcher. At least the iPad can display full data from the NWS, including their model database and the L3 NEXRADS, and it has apps that tap into some great weather feeds. There are no serious weather apps for the PlayBook, which is disappointing. If you want stuff that goes beyond websites, you're out of luck. Weather is definitely not an area where you want to compare the PlayBook and iPad.
    08-27-11 02:42 PM
    What stupid reason to buy a playbook. The iPad has dozens of apps that show weather.
    08-27-11 03:01 PM
    Don't get me started -- I am a devout weather watcher. At least the iPad can display full data from the NWS, including their model database and the L3 NEXRADS, and it has apps that tap into some great weather feeds. There are no serious weather apps for the PlayBook, which is disappointing. If you want stuff that goes beyond websites, you're out of luck. Weather is definitely not an area where you want to compare the PlayBook and iPad.
    But if wifi goes out because of the hurricane, will you be able to use your wifi only ipad like the playbook which can be bridged to the blackberry ? Plus would you lug around the 10" ipad in case of evacuation or the 7" playbook ftw.
    08-27-11 03:02 PM
    But if wifi goes out because of the hurricane, will you be able to use your wifi only ipad like the playbook which can be bridged to the blackberry ? Plus would you lug around the 10" ipad in case of evacuation or the 7" playbook ftw.
    Good lord man how rediculous can you get...

The weather apps on iPad are phenomenal. TWC Max + is so much better then any website.
    08-27-11 03:24 PM
    You guys take these posts wayyyyy too serious!!

Btw there are lots of ways to spend money. We all choose what we want to spend money on and what we don't. i always thought the www was one of the best Free things ever invented. My choice is to spend money on hardware not apps unless what I need isn't available any other way.

So for your weather hobby or profession you have justified spending more to get more. I am happy for you and the rest of the meteorlogical society. Yet even if I thought you were stupid for it (which I don't) I wouldn't see the point in calling you stupid in a forum, let alone in person.
    08-27-11 04:02 PM
    I just stick my head outside and look. The 3D graphics are really amazing!
    08-27-11 05:04 PM
    Good lord man how rediculous can you get...

The weather apps on iPad are phenomenal. TWC Max + is so much better then any website.
    The PB is the superior device in every regard and the apps are coming.
    08-27-11 05:29 PM

I have a 3G iPad. But if I had a wi-fi model, I would tether it off my phone.

If I had to evacuate, I'd bring both devices with me. But I would definitely be using the iPad to check weather.

Thanks for the scintillating discussion.
    08-27-11 06:13 PM
    The PB is the superior device in every regard and the apps are coming.
    Impressive contribution as always.
    08-27-11 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD