I think it is taking over the world. Everyone at work has one or getting one through company...people say it is the best thing in the world and is the future.

And my PB is treated like it doesn't exist.

And people call me "blackberry"

Help.
    Last edited by slingxshot; 05-05-11 at 07:12 PM.
    05-05-11 07:09 PM
    follow or lead...you decide.

i never follow the crowd too much myself.

blackberry for my phone.

playbook instead of an ipad.

sony nex to replace my dslr.

you gotta do you think is best for you and not worry about others.
    05-05-11 07:21 PM
    I'm resistant to apple propaganda. They cannot assimilate me, resistance is futile to them.
    05-05-11 07:30 PM
    AAAHHHHH I would never replace my DSLR with that drab thing NEVER!!!

But to each their own. The only reason everyone buys an iPad is because everyone else buys one. People pay for the name not the product and everyone else has an iPad so it must be good, right??
    05-05-11 07:34 PM
    well said, @narci... do you.

its up to you what you want to rock, dont let anyone else dictate it.
    05-05-11 07:36 PM
    I'm resistant to apple propaganda. They cannot assimilate me, resistance is futile to them.
    Lolol.

To the OP, be your own person. Who's the weirdo here, you, or the people at your work who actually care what tablet your using. I myself love the iPad. The playbook wasn't for me(in it's current form) but I wouldn't make fun of someone for using one.
    05-05-11 07:36 PM
    The sheep of the world buy ipads. The wolves buy Playbooks. Which are you?
    jpg, leo1055, ericlc2 and 11 others like this.
    05-05-11 07:44 PM
    People think if its made by Apple at the minute then it must be good. If the Sinclair C5 were to be released by Apple right now it would probably be a success!

I have waited for the hardware to come out that I am happy with. I am not going to go with a platform because of the number of Apps available.
    05-05-11 07:45 PM
    The sheep of the world buy ipads. The wolves buy Playbooks. Which are you?
    Troll harder.

People buy what they buy. It doesn't mean they are following people. Do you honestly think people can't form their own opinions and come to the conclusion that they like the iPad?

If you like the PlayBook, good for you. Enjoy it. It seems like a great device. If people make fun of you for it, who cares? Just worry about yourself. You know what is best for you.

Both the PlayBook and iPad are great tablets. Either one is a great choice.
    05-05-11 07:50 PM
    I think it is taking over the world. Everyone at work has one or getting one through company...people say it is the best thing in the world and is the future.

And my PB is treated like it doesn't exist.

And people call me "blackberry"

Help.
    Grow a pair! (meant in the nicest possible way!) Don't be swayed by the marketing BS of Apple. Buy what YOU want and let the Sheeple bask in the glow of them thinking they are cool hipsters.
    05-05-11 07:51 PM
    Most everyone has an Ipad because Apple is the industry leader in MARKETING. I'm more than confident that the Playbook would appeal to a broad population, but it certainly will not happen with stagnant, inconsistent, and downright poor marketing strategy.
    05-05-11 07:54 PM
    I would never agree to get a HumancentIpad. The heck with apple. My mom has an ipad 1. A co-worker had and ipad 1 and sold it and bought an ipad 2. too big and no frills to me.

I was never a follower. I rode standup personal watercraft. I could have bought a jeep wrangler like everyone else. I got a D90. I wreaked it and bought another one. I sold that and bought a real Hummer. I enjoyed off-roading like the jeep folks but I wasn't driving what everyone else drove.

I had a Windows Treo. A windows HTC phone and now really enjoy my Storm 1.

If you look at the trend it is kind of sad. Most of those things are technically gone from the mainstream. I just hope that trend doesn't follow me to the Blackberry line.
    05-05-11 08:01 PM
    People buy iPads because there's tons of cool apps. They're not all fart apps either. There's some seriously good stuff on it. I really hate the overall iOS experience but no one can deny that there's a lot of really good apps on it.

And that's why people buy it.

I love my PlayBook but I really am jealous of a lot of iPad apps. But... I'm sure the PlayBook will catch up on most of the apps that really matter.
    05-05-11 08:43 PM
    Don't know. Windows 8 tablets once released might tilt the scale heavily. Why would you want to run puny apps when you can run the whole app on a Win8 tablet? I guess it would depend how long it will last on a charge... That's my guess.
    05-05-11 08:53 PM
    Don't know. Windows 8 tablets once released might tilt the scale heavily. Why would you want to run puny apps when you can run the whole app on a Win8 tablet? I guess it would depend how long it will last on a charge... That's my guess.
    actually when a tablet with windows 8 does come out, I might seriously consider it... everything I need is on my windows machine....
    Just_Kris likes this.
    05-05-11 08:59 PM
    Threads like this scare me.

I'll let it roll for now, but bet I or another modfia member will have to lock it soon.
    05-05-11 09:38 PM
    For the last week I've had a PlayBook and an iPad 2. I never dreamed I'd actually buy an iPad but I was at the store, they had 1 ( that was lost behind MacBooks ) and I had to buy it to compare.

So here I am 1 week later. Used the PlayBook solid for a week, and then had both available the last week. I haven't picked my PlayBook up. it's not a garbage tablet, not by a longnshot, but it doesn't have the consumer draw the iPad does. There are things that the iPad can do on the web Flash or not, but they have an app for it, and the app is better than the web experience. It's a real eye opener.

Yes Flash is important, but the PlayBook isn't running Windows and therefore some things need apps to be user friendly. at the end of the day I have 1 week left with both tablets, and at this point I'm happy to return both. Neither replaces my laptop which only cost me $450. Neither tablet is the end all and be all that is the next wave in home computing.

For all of you on the fence, try them all. Get what works for YOU. Enough of this iOS vs QNX garbage. There is no 1 size fits all solution.
    BigBadWulf and howarmat like this.
    05-05-11 09:46 PM
    Mods scare me.
    05-05-11 09:47 PM
    Isn't saying that Apple is taking over the world like saying Microsoft is starting to dominate the PC OS market? Apple has owned the tablet industry since iPad's first day. In fact they made tablets sexy the way Amazon did for ereaders with the Kindle. Which you choose to use is up to you. I bought an iPad because it had the size and apps I needed. I'd have gladly bought a Playbook instead if it could have met my specific needs. I'm not into keeping up with the Joneses, and I really don't like people trying to keep up with me. We live in a crazy world where people tell you to conform, but that's only because they know that those who are different are the ones who ultimately lead everyone else.

Bucking the trend and being your own person is a thing to be proud of, NOT something to be ashamed of. If they call you "blackberry," then you should respond with "D@amn straight!" and wear it proudly. They only mess with you because they see it is getting to you. Prove them wrong, I say.
    tgellr likes this.
    05-05-11 09:59 PM
    CL900 Tablet PC - Rugged Small Form Factor Tablet

I likey.
    05-05-11 10:01 PM
    1. Define your needs.
    2. Define your budget.
    3. Compare alternatives.
    4. Purchase.
    05-05-11 10:04 PM
    And it will be better once Windows 8 with tablet support rolls in. Windows 7 wasn't really designed for tablets.
    05-05-11 10:07 PM
    And it will be better once Windows 8 with tablet support rolls in. Windows 7 wasn't really designed for tablets.
    Yep, I am sure Microsoft will get a real modern mobile strategy any day now....

They can't even keep WP7 up to pace with iOS and Android, and that's a shipping product. I have very little faith they will be able to compete in tablets even when they do make a serious play at it.
    05-05-11 10:39 PM
    AAAHHHHH I would never replace my DSLR with that drab thing NEVER!!!

But to each their own. The only reason everyone buys an iPad is because everyone else buys one. People pay for the name not the product and everyone else has an iPad so it must be good, right??
    I wouldn't agree that the only reason everyone buys and iPad because everyone else has one. I have one, like many other in the film industry because Avid output for dailies and previs is in Quicktime. Therefore instead of having to convert the file to some other format we can view it seamlessly from editorial to on-set.
    05-05-11 10:39 PM
    Enough of this iOS vs QNX garbage. There is no 1 size fits all solution.
    Amen to that!!!
    05-05-11 10:41 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD