10-27-12 06:53 AM
34 12
tools
    Can we get back on the Corvette discussion at least that is a win win discussion.
    I read an article on the 2014 'Vette and it said the engine will have direct injection and rated at over 450 HP. It's a tried & true OHV arrangement (pushrods) where the cam is in the valley, but I'd like to see them come up with a dual cam OHV. That would be cool. The American way of doing multi-cams...hehe

2014 Corvette's 6.2L V-8 LT1 engine to have 450+ horsepower
    10-25-12 04:15 PM
    I read an article on the 2014 'Vette and it said the engine will have direct injection and rated at over 450 HP. It's a tried & true OHV arrangement (pushrods) where the cam is in the valley, but I'd like to see them come up with a dual cam OHV. That would be cool. The American way of doing multi-cams...hehe

I find it hilarious how the 3 fastest production vehicles (in the world) next year will bear American badges rather than German. And they'll rape on price as well.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-25-12 05:47 PM
    10-25-12 06:30 PM
    Well the iPad mini is a stripped down iPad. That's the interesting part.
    It's just funny too to me

Apple - iPad mini - Technical specifications
    iPad 4 vs. Kindle Fire 8 HD vs. Nexus 7 vs. Surface RT vs. PlayBook: Spec shootout! | iMore.com

Highlights...

Display
    Playbook : 1024x600 169ppi
    iPad Mini : 1024 x 768 163 ppi

Both Dual core 1.0 GHz processors

Both rear 5 MP 1080p
    Front :
    Playbook: 3 MP
    iPad Mini : 1.2 MP

GPS:
    Playbook : aGPS
    iPad Mini : Yes for cellular version

Same sensors

What is the laughable part, is YES! The Playbook is unchanged since April 19, 2011. So it took Apple about a year and a half to build a 7" tablet to compete with the Playbook...the thing is, does everyone think the Playbook isn't due up for a refresh?

It's obvious this is Apple trying to put Blackberry out, but the price point is still cheaper for the Playbook. Apps yes Apple, however, once BB10 is out there should be a nice change
    What about the overall experience? Software wise the playbook isn't in the same league as the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 06:34 PM
    Well the iPad mini is a stripped down iPad. That's the interesting part.
    It's just funny too to me

Apple - iPad mini - Technical specifications
    iPad 4 vs. Kindle Fire 8 HD vs. Nexus 7 vs. Surface RT vs. PlayBook: Spec shootout! | iMore.com

Highlights...

Display
    Playbook : 1024x600 169ppi
    iPad Mini : 1024 x 768 163 ppi

Both Dual core 1.0 GHz processors

Both rear 5 MP 1080p
    Front :
    Playbook: 3 MP
    iPad Mini : 1.2 MP

GPS:
    Playbook : aGPS
    iPad Mini : Yes for cellular version

Same sensors

What is the laughable part, is YES! The Playbook is unchanged since April 19, 2011. So it took Apple about a year and a half to build a 7" tablet to compete with the Playbook...the thing is, does everyone think the Playbook isn't due up for a refresh?

It's obvious this is Apple trying to put Blackberry out, but the price point is still cheaper for the Playbook. Apps yes Apple, however, once BB10 is out there should be a nice change
    I'm pretty sure Apple has zero concern for Blackberry at the moment. The iPad buried the Playbook long ago, now Apple's just throwing more dirt on the pile by releasing the Mini.

Maybe next year (when RIM starts trying to compete properly) Apple might flinch, but it's going to be an uphill battle all the way.
    10-25-12 11:40 PM
    If you want to do your own comparison next Friday, preorders open in 60 minutes (midnight Cupertino time).
    Tips for the newbies:
    -The store is down right now. At 12:00, give or take a few seconds, the store will go live. You need to be compulsively refreshing your browser at approximately 5 Hertz over this time period. Site is the store. Eg store.apple.com/ca for Canada.
    -If the gods are on your side, sometime in the first few minutes, the store will appear. Make sure your credit card is propped in easy view.
    -As fast as ninjaly possible, get in and order a 16 gig wifi. Push hard until you get through the checkout process. Remember there are hundreds of thousands of people hammering the servers. Any hesitation will leave you bogged in purgatory. You must stay out front. It will be somewhere around $350 depending on your taxes.

If you moved it, there is a decent chance a FedEx truck will roll up Nov 2.

Now what? Well, compare. If you like it, keep it. If not, you have 14 days to return for a full refund. At the very least your comments will have more weight.
    Which has more cred?
    -"the minipad suxxors"
    -"the minipad suxxors. I had one and returned the execrable device. Couldn't get the stink off my hands for days."

Enjoy. 57 minutes now. I'm going to bed.
    10-26-12 01:03 AM
    Going to order a 32 GB, as a gift. The greatest difference is the weight - 308g for the iPad Mini vs 450g for the PlayBook. I go to bed in a hour and a half anyway.
    10-26-12 01:30 AM

I though you were making an analogy ^^

Looked foward to where you were going but...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 06:48 AM
    But i'm guessing that the PB will a (another) hard time competing against Apple:

An example(it's local, so i guess its not that wide and/or general):

- A friend of mine as 9800, just like me(he had it first...); his brother also had a BB; I have been BB since 2010, so he's very familiar with it. And still, after i said for the whole summer that i watched tv show on the way work/home in the Playbook(we discussed the shows via text,etc) he was impressed when he saw the tablet for the first time and noticed it was BB ^^

RIM needs to ADVERTISE!

(I saw a good commercial for BB10 tough )

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 06:53 AM
34 12