In Canada iPad 3G users will pay a lot more that what is listed for US service providers for sure.
    03-09-12 03:15 PM
    Bridge was great of the end user, but the cell phone companies hated it.
    03-09-12 03:43 PM
    Well My Droid was rooted and worked great with my PB, so I never needed to worry about WiFi Hotspot fee's, total rip off. Then my phone took a dive at 12 feet and is dead.
    Pulled my curve 8350 out updated bridge and works just great with bridge for a temp fix. Would love a 4g BB.

And I would love to get rid of the spy ware known as Android.
    That right there would be a selling point for OS10, Blackberry, we don't spy on you.
    03-09-12 04:04 PM
    It strikes me that when RIM comes out with the 4G PB, some of you are going to need some new talking points. One day, it is laughably evil; the next day, it is the company strategy. Good luck with that.
    03-09-12 07:05 PM
    Those with a pb and bb, bridge is great.

Those with pb only, maybe it'll steer them to buy a bb?

Those with bb only, maybe it'll steer them to buy a pb?
    03-09-12 07:15 PM
    You realize the iPhone has Wireless HotSpot right? And while the features don't replicate that of bridge, your main point of being able to share your data connection from your BB to your PlayBook is bunk. For that matter, I can even tether my PlayBook to my iPhone, Galaxy Note and yes, even my 9900. In Canada, it's all the same -- Data is data across the board. HotSpot on my BB is the same as HotSpot on my iPhone or Android device, no extra fee's. Bridge is cool and all, but the data sharing is pretty low on the totem pole, especially for Canadians.
    Yeah but wireless hotspot sucks............................................. ........battery.

Right now, other than the playbook, no other tablet gives you:

1) Free data anywhere you have a phone signal. And I've got a 7.1 OS Verizon BB, so I'm in 3g or 4g everywhere.

2) 2, yes 2 ways to get email onto your device. Choose your flavor.

3) Ability to control my device remotely. I'm sorry, but thats just cool as heck.

All these things AND MORE are available because of one feature that no one else has... BRIDGE. So all other arguments are moot. Bridge rocks. Paying for data twice or thrice is stupid.

Time will tell but I'm betting Bridge will be to the Playbook what BBM is to the blackberry once people catch on. That one thing that no one else has that just draws them in....... watch.
    03-09-12 07:38 PM
    Bridge is cool, but as already suggested, it could be a double-edged sword. I don't know that it will bring savvy users back to RIM.

Like Bla1ze, I prefer a multi-device tethering option.
    03-09-12 08:07 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD