I have to wonder if either of the Apple or Android boards regularly get this sort of thinly-veiled advertising, the way CB gets them daily. You only attack what you feel to be a threat, after all.
    03-07-12 02:18 AM
    I have to wonder if either of the Apple or Android boards regularly get this sort of thinly-veiled advertising, the way CB gets them daily. You only attack what you feel to be a threat, after all.
    I dont know man, take a Apple-centric forum like MacRumors for example. Except for the frontpage news, you hardly see anyone mention about any other tablet in ipad sub-forum, let alone open a thread just to talk about other tablet. And even when they talking about other tablet, you hardly see anyone mention the Playbook

But people on this forums alway love to open thread to say how iPad is a toy and how Playbook is a powerful tool, how Android sucks at security,... blah balh
    Did I mention that they also love to post some bad news about Apple and Google which dont even contain a single word about RIM or PB.

I guess you get it backward, right? =)
    03-07-12 03:10 AM
    Windows 8 tablets will smoke the Playbook in sells and marketshare.
    If (big IF) Windows 8 has good retrospective compatibility with legacy Windows PC software I think that will be the game changer.

Yes, there are some ok productivity and business-wise apps in Android, Apple and Rim's ecosystems, but we're still talking about watered-down or basic versions of professional software.

On top of that, if Win 8 allows old Windows games to be ran, then you've got a very strong package.

Imagine playing Diablo, running full Excel/Publisher/Powerpoint and so on.
    03-07-12 03:11 AM
    Bla1ze the point of the post is to simply ask if people think RIM can continue to gain market share with the playbook especially with a highly sought after iPad3 entering the fray. No market share, no demand for product means no sales, no profit and no future investment in the tablet market
    Sure why not. There's plenty of Crackberry fans here to support the development of the PB and see that it lives to see the future.
    03-07-12 03:26 AM
    i'm confused at how the original poster claims to love the playbook but decides to give the thread a not so impartial name like ipad 3 equals playbook's demise??

anyhow, i look at the 2 as two tablets for 2 different markets, i remember people loving macs for being so user friendly, and i remember people hating macs (apple) for their "our way or no way" attitude (me being one of those people)...not to mention their over priced products that can do the same thing as other "moderately priced" products...

people complained about playbook not having everything it should have when it 1st launched but apple has managed to brain wash their consumers by releasing the same product every year or 2 with 1 or 2 added features and they eat it up like a bunch of chickens being fed cornmeal. we all know the ipad 3 could have been made 3 yrs ago but apple knows it's suckers-oops, i mean customers.
    now they will all go back and try to get a deal by returning their ipad 2's for a discount on 3 so they can say they have "the greatest tablet ever"... until next year when ipad 4 comes out.
    03-07-12 05:05 AM
    I don't think the PB and ipad3 really overlap much in the market. The price points are very different.

I intend to buy an ipad3 to replace my ipad1 which is a little slow and which my kids absoultely love. I still get the PB all to myself and I imagine I will use it just as much as I do now even with an ipad 3 in the house. I will play games on the ipad, use Pulse newsreader and that's about it. I will use PB for email and websurfing, looking at attachments on my phone, and connecting to my TV for great Youtube.
    03-07-12 05:16 AM
    Well, if BlackBerry gets killed (I hope not), there will still be Microsoft to go to.
    cbdwolff7 likes this.
    03-07-12 06:51 AM
    IPad 3 = Playbooks Ultimate Demise?
    So a new tablet - with the exact same form factor as existing ipads - with the same OS as existing ipads - and the same app's as the existing ipads - is the demise of a different tablet all together?

Nice logic.
    cbdwolff7 likes this.
    03-07-12 06:54 AM

But people on this forums alway love to open thread to say how iPad is a toy and how Playbook is a powerful tool, how Android sucks at security,... blah balh
    Did I mention that they also love to post some bad news about Apple and Google which dont even contain a single word about RIM or PB.
    LOL! Anyone else see the hysterics in this post ^

It is a BB fan site and yet you are somehow confused by the fact that there may be anti-Apple and anti-Android posts here? And actually - you find a larger % of anti-RIM sentiments on these boards thanks to our resident trolls than anything else.
    cbdwolff7 likes this.
    03-07-12 07:03 AM

It is a BB fan site and yet you are somehow confused by the fact that there may be anti-Apple and anti-Android posts here? And actually - you find a larger % of anti-RIM sentiments on these boards thanks to our resident trolls than anything else.
    By their own admission 'Crackberry.com - The #1 site for Blackberry Users & Abusers'

It just so happens abusers is more literal these days, time for a rebrand would you say
    03-07-12 07:24 AM
    So, with the highly anticipated iPad3 announcement looming, will playbook still be able to draw new adopters or will it fall to the wayside in the tablet wars?

What are your thoughts moving forward in an iPad3 vs PlayBook OS2 world? hope so...

Did I mention I love my playbook!
    OS2 is only the beginning a transitional pre cursor to BB10, OS2 is great but BB10 will be much better and I am betting it will be a free upgrade. I pad is still big, bulky and the screen will still be vunerable to breakage. Playbook in my opinion is still the best bet.
    03-07-12 08:08 AM
    Biggest problem for RIM and PB is not iPad3 or iPad2. It's the Android tablets. Yes, they are technically inferior to PB in many ways, but software/content availability more than covers for most of the shortcomings, not to mention zillions of vendors coming up with Android tablets.

Current pricing of PB is set to compete with Android tablets, as many are aware, such as Kindle Fire. The OS 2.0 is what gave PB competitive edge, as I have experienced through use of PB at workplace, so I don't believe iPad3 will have major impact in PB sales at current pricing level.
    03-07-12 08:17 AM
    Playbook 2.0 > Ipad 3 .... IMO .....
    I think I'm starting to understand why your screen name says "former CEO"...
    03-07-12 08:22 AM
    I knew the iPad 3 was being released soon. I STILL bought a PlayBook instead recently.
    03-07-12 08:28 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I think I'm starting to understand why your screen name says "former CEO"...
    umm .yeah .. i know .. retired as founder and president of a prominent tech company at age 40 with over $100 million .. yeah .. don't know much .....
    03-07-12 08:29 AM
    I really hope that BB APP WORLD rises to the occasion ! The PlayBook's excellent hardware is far from being fully utilized! The PlayBook is excellent, let's see what it can really do. I'd love to see apps that can demonstrate this.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-07-12 08:31 AM
    Nah, iPad3 won't do much to affect PB sales... The two aren't in direct competition anymore. iPad competes in I the premium market, whereas the Playbook competes with both the ultra cheap 100-200$ 7 inch Android tabs as well as the lower end of the regular Android tablets. The 300$ Acer Iconia, etc.
    03-07-12 08:33 AM
    umm .yeah .. i know .. retired as founder and president of a prominent tech company at age 40 with over $100 million .. yeah .. don't know much .....
    Give us something that is worthy of you're experience.
    03-07-12 08:35 AM

If you read what he said, he said on Apple forums people don't open threads specifically to trash talk other products. On this forum, people open threads to specifically trash talk Apple and Android products. People on this forum starts threads in the "BlackBerry News and Rumor" section to post negative articles about Apple and Google when the article say nothing about RIM. How is that a "BlackBerry News or Rumor"?

The funny thing is, these types of Apple/Google hate threads didn't start happening really until the original Storm came out.

There are current BB users here who bash RIM more than your "resident" trolls. I guess you need to start slapping more people.
    03-07-12 08:41 AM
    Wow you are quick to spill your info. I hope you don't go around saying that to people IRL. Probably not a smart idea.
    03-07-12 08:44 AM
    The stress is a real killer though, isn't it? I mean, as a former Navy Seal who often worked deep behind enemy lines, I honestly found that less stressful, than being a CEO and chairman of the board of the company that I cofounded. Thank God I decided to retire at 35 with 500 million in the bank! My (former) swimsuit model wife also enjoys having much more time together with me.

Oh well, back to the tech-talk!
    avt123 and dynot like this.
    03-07-12 08:52 AM
    Only thing for sure to know is that Apple's latest generation of Ipad will NOT met expectations. This is not to say it will be a success or a failure, more so the bar has been set so high (even for them) accurately predicting how well the device will do is almost impossible. Either way it will be fun to watch.

Oh..and I dont own iDevices. I liked it when they had RISC chips vs Intel, the original change over to OSX, original ipod...but now...I get the draconian vibe from all there doings, but that's just my natural paranoia kicking in.
    03-07-12 08:53 AM
    If you read what he said, he said on Apple forums people don't open threads specifically to trash talk other products. On this forum, people open threads to specifically trash talk Apple and Android products. People on this forum starts threads in the "BlackBerry News and Rumor" section to post negative articles about Apple and Google when the article say nothing about RIM. How is that a "BlackBerry News or Rumor"?
    And guess what - there are equally as many thread being posted that trash RIM. Whats your point? The forum location of those threads. LOL! Translation: Its OK to come to a BB fan site and post doom and gloom - but only as long as its in the right sub-forum catregory.

There are current BB users here who bash RIM more than your "resident" trolls. I guess you need to start slapping more people.
    Not really. The majority of the negative RIM bashing posts come from about 6-8 of our resident trolls. We arent talking about someone frustrated with their device and looking for help. We are talking about the typical doom and gloom crowd that cant wait for RIM's next downturn.
    03-07-12 08:57 AM
    The stress is a real killer though, isn't it? I mean, as a former Navy Seal who often worked deep behind enemy lines, I honestly found that less stressful, than being a CEO and chairman of the board of the company that I cofounded. Thank God I decided to retire at 35 with 500 million in the bank! My (former) swimsuit model wife also enjoys having much more time together with me.

Oh well, back to the tech-talk!
    So because you have failed to attain anything measurable like him - that means he cant be that successful?
    03-07-12 08:59 AM
    You Mean Playbook 1 OS2 ... iPad 3 OS5
    Those kind of number mean nothing. Like the "1 million moms" group that actually has about 30,000 members.
    03-07-12 09:02 AM
355 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD