I sold my original ipad to get the 2nd generation. After seeing the insane lines here in NYC and reading on the rumors of the PB coming out in about a month, i will be waiting until then to make an informative decision.

I hope the PB is all it seems to be, i really want something more mobile/smaller than the ipad. If not, i will end up getting the new ipad and by then i won't have to camp out to try to get one.
    03-14-11 08:15 AM
    If RIM wants to move the Playbook they need to insist that the service providers have more than one fully functional devices out for people to get their hands on. Even then I don't see them flying off the shelf. Why pay $499 for a 16gb, WiFi, 7" Playbook when you can get a 10" iPad for the same price?
    The biggest consideration for me is portability, I already own an ipad and it mostly only gets used at home because it isn't portable enough for me to take everywhere with me unless I also take a bag and that will still be true for an ipad 2, whereas with the playbook that will fit in a jacket pocket and will give me more flexibility than my current take everywhere device which is my kindle.
    03-14-11 01:17 PM
    Motorola Xoom with "lame 4:3"? Isn't 1280x800 16:10?

IPad is functional and big, but everyone I know that owns an Apple mobile device says the same thing- iOS is boring, very little freedom of customization and even my iPod touch has been gathering dust since last August. Other than that, it gets the job done at the tap of a finger.

Edit- oh I think OP was referring to the iPad with the 4:3 ratio.
    Last edited by sookster54; 03-14-11 at 03:46 PM.
    03-14-11 03:41 PM
    Motorola Xoom with "lame 4:3"? Isn't 1280x800 16:10?

IPad is functional and big, but everyone I know that owns an Apple mobile device says the same thing- iOS is boring, very little freedom of customization and even my iPod touch has been gathering dust since last August. Other than that, it gets the job done at the tap of a finger.

Edit- oh I think OP was referring to the iPad with the 4:3 ratio.
    iPad IS pretty squarish. not the best for widescreen movies (read: netflix).
    03-14-11 05:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD