Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIM Playbook, of coz

40 75.47%
  • iPad 2

8 15.09%
  • I don't know..

5 9.43%
    If I already didn't have an IPAD i would definitely look into getting the playbook or an android tablet.
    12-04-10 03:58 PM
    Definitely this. Tobe honest, I don't see the Playbook and the iPad as direct competitors. No matter what, the iPad 2 will be huge. The Playbooks competition are any new Android and Windows 7 tablets.
    exactly, because android and win7 tablets are pretty much professional devices, like the PlayBook
    12-04-10 04:46 PM
    [QUOTE=wayoung;5831335]Definitely this. Tobe honest, I don't see the Playbook and the iPad as direct competitors. No matter what, the iPad 2 will be huge. The Playbooks competition are any new Android and Windows 7 tablets.[/]

I disagree...Each and everyone of those companies are competing for average Joe users/enterprise users.
    12-04-10 05:32 PM
    [QUOTE=MartyMcfly;5836627]
    Definitely this. Tobe honest, I don't see the Playbook and the iPad as direct competitors. No matter what, the iPad 2 will be huge. The Playbooks competition are any new Android and Windows 7 tablets.[/]

I disagree...Each and everyone of those companies are competing for average Joe users/enterprise users.
    I didn't say they didn't want regular consumers and enterprise consumers. I said there is no such thing as an Ipad killer. The Ipad and Ipad 2 will be huge and I do not believe any product, no matter how fantastic, will change that. The people who are going to buy an ipad will buy an ipad. Sure, there might be a few who change there minds once they start playing with devices, but not many.

Android, Windows 7, and the Playboook though - those are the ones where there is going to be competition. Ipad is, and for the forseable future will be, Number 1. The fight is for second place. That's where companies are going to eat each others sales.
    12-04-10 05:47 PM
    I wouldn't use an iPad with someone else's hands, let alone my own. Who in their right mind wants to buy a crippled device? No Flash=No sale. Not trying to be rude, but iPhone and iPad are for simpletons who want to be told what to do, how to do it and when to do it. It's a cookie cutter, pre-packaged experience.

Blackberry and Android are for those that like to do things their own way, and can handle a little complexity.

I have two experiences just in the last two days that just reinforces my views:

1) at the store this woman who looked like she just crawled out of a trash can, with food stains all over her blouse, hair in rollers, was carrying an iPhone.

2) dude at the gym was walking around with an iPhone attached to his bicep looking like a complete *****, thinking he looked cool.

I would never own a device these two would own.
    lol okay, i will go with Playbook then
    12-08-10 05:17 PM
    HOW do you connect remote HD's
    HOW do you connect business Card Scanners?
    Plus why would I want a proprietary charge point when I can use USB?
    Connecting a Presenter/mouse?
    you and the other die hard hardcore bb users (there are fewer and fewer of you every year) may not want it. but I hope you aren't trying to do any market analysis based on your own desires for a product. because they can't make these fast enough. you can bet the ipad2 will be even better.
    12-08-10 05:51 PM
    Playbook all the way! I've been looking forward to this device since I heard about it way back when. I'm a happy Blackberry user so the two devices will always be in sync together along with Bluetooth. The only Apple product I have is the 1st generation iTouch. I'm not big with Apple & feel the iPad is way over-priced. I'm hoping the Playbook won't be more than $400. I plan on getting it right away!
    12-08-10 10:14 PM
    iPad is too big and heavy for my liking when it comes to being portable and mobile (iPad 1.6 lbs vs my 11.5" laptop 1.9 lbs), if the iPad 2 is still 10" then forget it, besides they already lost my interest because of pricetag, iTunes and no flash and several other reasons (I stopped using my iPod Touch after a month of owning it, now collecting dust).
    12-09-10 08:24 AM
    iPad 2 is rumored to have 5 new features
    - 5MP cameras
    - USB port
    - Retina display
    - 3-axis gyroscope
    - carbon fiber (lighter/thinnner) body

Source: More sources claim iPad 2 will have USB, Retina Display, more - AfterDawn
    While everything's still a rumour, I must say:
    - There will not be any difference in the display. TiPb provided a good explanation for this, which was that it would be far too expensive to fully double all of the pixels, and if they decided to just do 1.5x the pixels, the developers would have to completely re-make their games, and they would be extremely annoyed.
    - While it will likely be lighter and thinner and have more battery life, it will likely be only enough for Jobs to say "This is the Thinnest/Lightest/Longest-lasting batteried iPad yet!"

Altogether, the iPad2 will be just that, the second iPad. The PlayBook will be an entirely different product, combining the efforts of RIM, QNX, and TAT, so I think the PlayBook will be the best one.

P.S. For the best estimation I've seen of iPad2, look at this link: Imagining iPad 2 | TiPb
    12-17-10 03:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD