So for no reason my 64gb decide decides to invert every color. If I reboot the screen goes back to normal for a few hours. This one is running 2.0.1 official... Oh, and attaching a screen shot when you have 12k+ photos on your pb doesn't take long at all
    06-11-12 09:06 PM
    Faster and easier to take pics with my 9850 and upload them them that way....
    06-11-12 09:14 PM
    Within a year? Call RIM and RMA it.
    06-11-12 09:22 PM
    Within a year? Call RIM and RMA it.
    Yep, still Sucks that I have to wipe it first before sending it back.... Hopefully they will fix the rubber band that pulled out by both speakers.
    06-11-12 09:27 PM
    Ironically, the pics I attached from my phone show up normally on my inverted pb now. Go figure....

Before anyone blames operator error, no side loaded apps, official 2.0.1, last reboot was this morning, add naseum......
    06-11-12 09:33 PM
    A number of others have reported this problem in various threads. Search for "screen problems". Most seem to have cropped up after the most recent official update. I know mine did. I would getvthe inverted colors randomly, and it could generally be corrected by putting the Playbook in standby and then swiping to reopen. I would also randomly get a blank gray screen when swiping to wake up the device. That generally required a reboot to correct. I did call RIM and they were very helpful, talking me through wiping the device three different times. When it still happened after wiping, with no apps added, they gave me an RMA. They had the device for three weeks and initially said they could find nothing wrong with it. I re-explained the problem, referred them to two different threads about the problem here on Crackberry, and three days later had the device back and they said it was repaired. I still get the gray screen occasionally, but now it can be corrected by touching the power button. I'm beginning to think it's some kind of bug introduced with the last update rather than a hardware problem. Patiently waiting for the next update to see if that changes anything.
    h20work and otaku2 like this.
    06-11-12 09:49 PM
    A number of others have reported this problem in various threads. Search for "screen problems". Most seem to have cropped up after the most recent official update. I know mine did. I would getvthe inverted colors randomly, and it could generally be corrected by putting the Playbook in standby and then swiping to reopen. I would also randomly get a blank gray screen when swiping to wake up the device. That generally required a reboot to correct. I did call RIM and they were very helpful, talking me through wiping the device three different times. When it still happened after wiping, with no apps added, they gave me an RMA. They had the device for three weeks and initially said they could find nothing wrong with it. I re-explained the problem, referred them to two different threads about the problem here on Crackberry, and three days later had the device back and they said it was repaired. I still get the gray screen occasionally, but now it can be corrected by touching the power button. I'm beginning to think it's some kind of bug introduced with the last update rather than a hardware problem. Patiently waiting for the next update to see if that changes anything.
    Thanks, that's the most helpful response I've ever seen in the pb forum. I took about 20 screen caps to prove to myself I'm not crazy Odd that it just started to happen in the last few days.
    06-11-12 10:20 PM
    and attaching a screen shot when you have 12k+ photos on your pb doesn't take long at all
    As they say, there's an app for that.
    06-11-12 10:43 PM
    As they say, there's an app for that.
    No, there isn't.... I'm using the pb stock browser and when I click attach it brings up the native file manager. Why do you get so upset that the native file manager sucks? The whole point of the pb was apps aren't necessary right? So let me get this right, I need to download a few android apps and use them just so I can attach a file to a post on crackberry? Took me a few seconds to snap pic on my torch, upload it and post it. How many steps does it take to do it with your work around? Ugh! Do you personally work for Rim? Unless you wrote the code get over it already.
    06-11-12 10:55 PM
    I can do it on my playbook precisely the same way I do it on my PC, no more steps, no fewer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-12 11:04 PM
    I can do it on my playbook precisely the same way I do it on my PC, no more steps, no fewer.
    I can do it on my 9850, 9550, 9530, and 8703e in fewer steps.... Productivity at it's finest right? Why is it so difficult for you to stop thinking it's acceptable the way it works now? News flash, it's not...
    06-11-12 11:10 PM
    Oh, load up your pb with 16k files and see how well ghost commander or any of the other Android apps work. Very snappy.... Try it for yourself since you think I'm making it up. It gets really fun when you try to multitask with the photos app open. Try downloading a large file at the same time and watch your browser crash and burn.

Let me ask you, does the pb email experience come close to any of the bb's? If you can honestly say yes, then i have nothing more to say
    06-11-12 11:22 PM
    Ugh, this is just like the storm forums now. "I'm on .65 and have none of these problems"
    06-11-12 11:26 PM
    That's assuming that the only way to attach a file to an email is by using the native file browser. News flash, it's not.
    06-11-12 11:30 PM
    That's assuming that the only way to attach a file to an email is by using the native file browser. News flash, it's not.
    Oh pray tell, what's the easiest way to attach multiple files to an email then? Is it anywhere as easy as on my torch?
    schiri likes this.
    06-11-12 11:38 PM
    And did you try my experiment? Load your pb up with all kinds of goodness and see how well that multitasking works
    06-11-12 11:40 PM
    And you said your work around is the same as using your PC. I can skip most of those steps using my bb. Which bb are you currently using?
    06-11-12 11:46 PM
    Are you talking about your 16gb one? Of course if you fill any hd on any system you're going to have trouble. Any OS needs some room to breath.
    06-12-12 06:10 AM
    Are you talking about your 16gb one? Of course if you fill any hd on any system you're going to have trouble. Any OS needs some room to breath.
    Nope, my 64 and it has 20gb free. 33% free should be plenty right? I think it's more of a memory issue than storage. I just opened the native photo app and the available ram dropped 120mb. Currently have browser open and just the photo app running, was at 377mb free until I opened a second browser tab and now I'm at 266mb free. 200+mb loss by opening the photos and a second browser tab.
    06-12-12 08:23 AM
    Right now I have 4 tabs open, native email, pictures and free memory is 166mb. No slow down yet.
    06-12-12 08:35 AM
    Guess your pb works better than mine. I tried to download a bar file and had to close the photo app and file manager because the download wouldn't start. I clicked on save about 6 times before it would start.
    06-12-12 09:10 AM
    Oh, and back on topic, putting it in standby and then a quick swipe to wake it worked.
    06-12-12 09:11 AM
    Same issue, getting mine sent in for repair. It's been so bad, that even the rebooted startup screen is inversed. Inverted colors???-reversed-colours.jpg
    11-09-12 02:03 PM
    Did they fix it
    02-22-13 04:39 PM
    Did you ever send it to RIM or does it still happen
    02-22-13 04:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD