I'm totally stoked about the new capability of leveraging the Bridge Browser connectivity for web-coupled apps when WiFi is not available. I have one last hurdle before I cancel my Sprint tethering plan. I need a way to select the Internet Browser on my bridged BB phone. By default, it is my corporate Internet browser that is connected through Bridge. Since my company locks down so many web sites and web functions, I am reluctant to turn off my tethering plan.

Does anyone know how I might switch between Intranet and Internet as the connected web service for BB Bridge? Ideally, it would be something I could toggle on the fly, either from my PlayBook or from my BB phone.

With this last update...one more step towards having my dream solution in my pocket instead of my laptop on my back!
    08-24-11 08:26 PM
    With the latest bridge/pb update, once you are bridge using the "bridge browser" will go through your company BES (intranet) but using the regular browser will go through BIS (internet).

You can test this by bridging your phone with pb and turn off wifi on pb. Then go to whatismyip.com in the bridge browser and then in the non-bridge browser, bridge browser will show your company ip, regular browser will show one of rim's bis server ip.
    tvasile likes this.
    08-25-11 04:33 AM
    I ran this test and z_scorpio_z is correct.

My bridge browser was detected as connected to my company server and my regular browser was detected as connected to the RIM bis server.

Time to call Sprint and remove that $29.99/month tethering charge!
    tvasile likes this.
    08-25-11 07:56 AM
    Thanks guys!

While I still am not able to connect to twitter (web) or facebook (native app and web), everything else does indeed work! The true test was YouTube, which my company of course blocks. When I couldn't get facebook to connect with bridge, I assumed that all bridge traffic continued to flow through Company Intranet. Since Twitter and Facebook are great apps on my BB, I can certainly live without my tethering plan.

Thanks again for the fast response and on-point advice!
    08-26-11 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD