I tried it with the settings on the playbook but no luck.
    Anyone else get it to work? I tried the bridge but it is way too slow!

Thanks!
    04-21-11 07:45 PM
    yes, it worked out of the box for me
    did you check on your phone that APN parameters are activated and APN is set to bb.telus.com ?
    It's in advanced system parameters, under TCP IP.

Good luck !
    brava27 likes this.
    04-21-11 07:50 PM
    **** with the bridge. this worked! Thanks man!
    04-21-11 08:09 PM
    bridge works ok here, slow. tether isnt working all that great here, are you guys using isp.telus.com to tether or bb.telus.com
    bb.telus.com doesnt work for me here
    i got a 6gb plan so tether should be included
    04-21-11 10:37 PM
    bb.telus.com is working fine for me. Nice speed though.
    04-22-11 05:31 PM
    Guys, make sure you're not on a unlimited data plan. Otherwise, after a few minutes of tethering, you'll receive an SMS from Telus telling you to change your plan since you already spent over $50 on data. At $8 per MEGABYTE, it racks up pretty fast...
    04-22-11 05:34 PM
    as long as your on the 3g+....... err i mean 4g network tether is included in your data as someone who used his storm on the old cdma network an got charged 160 bucks for 25meg of data i made sure several times with different people when i got my torch i could do it for free

but ya it worked awesome on mine. nice and quick and because it through a bb you dont eat up all your data
    04-22-11 06:45 PM
    it worked perfectly straight out of the box. although i'm gonna try to use it as little as possible as i'm pretty sure my unlimited data plan doesn't cover any tethering. However, I'm interested in seeing whether Telus will catch me using it or not. lol.
    04-22-11 07:54 PM
    I have it tethered to my unlocked atrix i use on telus... no problems.
    04-22-11 09:19 PM
    finally got to tether here. brutal tether speed. ran speedtest .75Mbps down .3Mbps up
    04-22-11 11:35 PM
    you need to make sure that dial up networking is enabled under your blackberry's bluetooth options. I've seen it disabled on many of the blackberry's that I support.
    04-22-11 11:43 PM
    Im on Rogers. Have a 1G data plan and have never tethered and never needed to. tried it for the first time tonight and was very impressed with the speed. Got 1.4 Mbps DL. wont be using the Bridge anymore until they can speed it up if they can. Thanks for the thread to make me finally look into it.
    04-23-11 12:06 AM
    Haven't tried tethering - I have an unlimited data plan that I was "grandfathered" from and I do not have free tethering included.

I'm looking forward to having Tether provide support for the Playbook. I bought a license last year and I enjoy using it.
    04-23-11 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD