hello,

i am not able to use the internet tethering on my playbook here in the uae it seems. the normal bluetooth bridge is working fine without any problems but the internet tethering just wont work. I also cannot find an app like i used to have on my old bold back in kuwait which was tether for blackberry. Is there any other option to use this?

regards
    tomas
    06-03-11 09:13 AM
    If you try the APN and password for your carrier and tethering does not work, you need to get your carrier to enable tethering on your account. It may cost you more, or just may not be available.

Robert
    06-03-11 09:21 AM
    i contacted my carrier they dont even know what it is, or pretend to sleep on...
    is there any app i can use?
    06-03-11 11:01 PM
    mttomas

I think you need to explain what you mean by teathering with your PB I have no problems with my BB Torch and PB using Etisalat

I have no problems connecting to any Wifi in UAE with both devices

I have not seen and access point feature for a BT teathered PB like a Galaxy Tab but that does have its own sim unlike our PB's

So what scenario are you trying to get with your PB ?
    06-03-11 11:14 PM
    thomas...i think you are doing something wrong.... i live in uae and have had pb since the time it was launched and have not had any problems at all doing internet tethering.it did not even need any extra settings.just search for etisalat even if you are on du, it should work.
    06-03-11 11:46 PM
    i am using the apn etisalat.ae which is standard in the playbook list. but it is not working, it is waiting for the ip and then is a error message coming. The bluetooth tethering is fine but the internet tethering wont work for me till now.

what are your apn settings?
    06-04-11 12:37 AM
    The bluetooth tethering is fine but the internet tethering wont work for me till now.
    ????

Tethering is through bluetooth...what is internet tethering?

Does your data plan on your phone allow tethering?
    06-04-11 01:22 AM
    the dataplan says nothing about it.
    i am using the blackberry bridge which is working fine.
    if i go to settings in the menu i got underneath the blackberry bridge the option internet tethering, and this is not working.
    if i want to use bing maps with locations its not working as it needs either wlan or internet tethering...
    06-04-11 02:20 AM
    thomas try this - enable apn settings on u r bb by going to options - device - advanced system settings - tcp ip -check apn settings enabled and dont enter anything into the username and password, now save these settings , disconnect bridge on pb and delete the tab in ur bb bridge software, restart both pb and bb, now click on blackberry bridge on ur pb and connect the bridge to bb using the normal methods. once bb bridge connects - go to internet tethering setting on pb and add profile (search for etisalat) and click on that and try connecting.. hope this helps.

bing maps might not work entirely as there seems to be some problem with the gps software on pb so all of us are hoping that gets patched up in the upcoming update.
    Last edited by aryan77; 06-04-11 at 08:57 AM.
    mttomas likes this.
    06-04-11 08:54 AM
    i did exactly as written by you. after aquiring the ip i get the failure message... are you using as well etisalat??
    06-04-11 10:01 AM
    Aryan,

would you have a solution to this issue?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ap...exists-620725/
    06-04-11 10:01 AM
    i did exactly as written by you. after aquiring the ip i get the failure message... are you using as well etisalat??
    No i am using du, but i am sure ppl with etisalat also should not have any problems as mentioned earlier by someone else.
    06-04-11 10:38 AM
    Thomas try going to options - network connections - bluetooth connections - then click on menu button and then go to options of bluetooth -check which services have been enabled make sure all of them have been enabled including Wireless bypass , data transfer, dial up networking. save and try connecting again.
    06-04-11 10:52 AM
    also here everything is enabled already. its really annoying. i think i need to change to du... lol
    06-04-11 11:05 AM
    mmm dont know why this is happning, btw which os version on bb are you using? try upgrading to the latest official one.
    06-04-11 11:11 AM
    as per the bb desktop software up to date...
    and etisalat is of course not responding on emails...
    06-04-11 11:13 AM
    Aryan,

2 more questions:

- i cant connect my BB (9700) to the playbook via bridge. i have tried deleting the bridge from my 9700, reinstalling but not working. it worked at the begining until it stopped. when i updated the 9700 software it started to work again but stopped also. now it hasnt worked for a week.

-when i try to use my credit card info for purchasing from app world it doesnt work. many suggested paypal but that also seems to have problems. i wonder if both those issues will be fixed with the new update for PB.

thanks in advance.
    06-04-11 12:16 PM
    Aryan,

2 more questions:

- i cant connect my BB (9700) to the playbook via bridge. i have tried deleting the bridge from my 9700, reinstalling but not working. it worked at the begining until it stopped. when i updated the 9700 software it started to work again but stopped also. now it hasnt worked for a week.

-when i try to use my credit card info for purchasing from app world it doesnt work. many suggested paypal but that also seems to have problems. i wonder if both those issues will be fixed with the new update for PB.

thanks in advance.
    1. try reinstalling the latest bridge software, delete the previous setting from playbook. and then first try the barcode scan it should wrk. if not restart both pb and bb and then try again .this usually solves the problem.

2. if you have used the same credit card which failed earlier maybe it is the card problem. use another card on paypal, i have noticed here that some cards dont allow paypal.

let me know how that goes.
    06-04-11 03:19 PM
    as per the bb desktop software up to date...
    and etisalat is of course not responding on emails...
    well they are famous for that arent they. well du is nt that better either. try updating it to .546 and try once more. ofcourse etisalat dosent have thT version
    youll have to download the other carrier version and update the bb.u can find threads on how to do that in the forum,s just remember to delete the .xml file.
    06-04-11 03:24 PM
    so etisalat called me finally today. they dont offer tethering on a blackberry plan but on all others... WTF
    06-05-11 11:32 AM
    is there a charge for tethering with etisalat? my blackberry line is with du. i tried tethering and it work fine. just wondering if there will be a charge for it as im using du and is using my torch as a modem via bluetooth with etisalat... can you clear my doubts about it. thanks!
    06-14-11 06:41 PM
    normally etisalat is not working with tethering on a blackberry plan, du is working but as soon as you reach over the fair usage policy ot them they will charge you i think it was ten gig a month...
    so i am still waiting if crap etisalat will ever launch the tethering option... i hoped something will happen now that the playbook is officially launched here...
    if not i will change to du, thats for sure...
    06-16-11 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD