Has anyone else connected to Pandora or SiriusXM (or any other internet streaming music), and when the PB goes to Standby Mode, the sound stops? A finger swipe brings it right back up, but I can't figure any way to keep it playing in the background once it times out to Standby. I changed from default to showcase, neither work. You can't go beyond 5 minutes before Standby kicks in. Anyone have any ideas?
    05-04-11 11:49 AM
    yeah thats an issue thats been there since day one. As is if you open another tab it'll stop.
    05-04-11 11:51 AM
    i havent been able to ge the siriusXM player to play very well...its very hard to navigate the flash based player or whatever it is...pinch in and out zooming is very hard and channel selection isnt very easy....anyone get the siriusXM player to launch and work well?

guess we need a siriusXM app for the PB
    05-04-11 11:58 AM
    We definitely do need an app, but for now at least we can still access it (even though it is a bit frustrating). Sorry if I was late to discover the time out issue has been here, I haven't run anything like this other than streaming TV shows and those do not time out like internet radio.
    05-04-11 12:03 PM
    I find this to be quite frustrating as I can often be listening to streaming music for quite some time without actually interacting with a device.

They really need to allow longer for standby options and they also need to allow sound to continue to play if you open an extra TAB on the browser.

Very annoying that it cuts the sound when you open another TAB.

Not sure how this would work on other tablet formats (IOS & Android)
    05-04-11 12:16 PM
    Yes. This also happens with Skytunes. It doesn't happen if Skytunes is open (and not minimized).

As far as I know, I haven't had an issue with slacker, but I'm not sure if that's because I haven't had it minimized.
    05-04-11 01:04 PM
    I don't have a Playbook, but it sounds like that setting that controls the behavior of minimized and off focus apps are affecting the music apps. Try setting the behavior to leave everything running and see if that will fix the problem.
    05-04-11 03:46 PM
    No luck for me with Sirius. It is open, and when the screen goes dark (standby) so goes the sound. Just a swipe and it is right back on, no re-logging back on or anything like that. Odd.......
    05-04-11 04:38 PM
    Yep....found this issue day one...needs to be an option or something to stop this from happening...
    05-04-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD