For those with Win7 and probably Win8 you may be able to temporarily use Connectify on your computer to generate a hot spot for the Blackberry Playbook. There is a free download and you can set your encryption and password.

PB has other browsers in the app world such as Simple Browser, Dolphin and Maxthon (both from Android), and others. Would suggest trying one to eliminate the possiblikty is something corrupted in the stock browser.

OP:What encryption protocol are you using? Look under wifi information. You will also note that logs are available which may be gobbledygook to you but could help a techy. Also do you have trouble with other wifi such as Staples or Starbucks if any of these are available to you.
    I downloaded another browser and so far it's a lot quicker than the browser that came with the playbook. I'll see after today if having a new browser and having bluetooth turned off fixes the problem. If not I'll be back on here trying the other suggestions you guys posted (hopefully I won't have to try that because I haven't the slightest clue how to start)

Biggest thanks for your time and your help! I know this forum is my favorite by now and that's due to you guys!!!
    02-08-13 08:24 AM
    Here is my router settings. Check for a firmware update for your router also.

Attachment 134565

Attachment 134566
    Where can I get to the router settings?
    02-08-13 08:26 AM
    I've got that before but only when using bridge thru my phone. Usually turning bluetooth off and on again fixes it. Let me see if I can find out anything about your router. What model is it?
    The router is called SpeedStream 6520.
    02-08-13 08:27 AM
    I don't have any other blackberry gadget but turns out my stepson downloaded the bridge thing to pair it with his phone and the bluetooth was on (I never use that). I turned the bluetooth off and it seems to be working, no more troubles yet!!! Hopefully that was the problem because I have no idea how to get to the router settings and I can't find anything about encryption anything I am the least tech savvy on this forum I think!
    Nice. Maybe the bluetooth was interfering.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:49 AM
    The router is called SpeedStream 6520.
    I'll have to wait until I get home to check that. If you happen to look it up you put the IP address in a browser and then your user name and password to access it.

When I was checking mine yesterday it told me there was a firmware upgrade so I installed it. Even my lappy is faster online now.
    bibiak87 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:52 AM
    It's been working fine since yesterday so hopefully it's fixed, I deleted the blackberry bridge and I turned off the bluetooth. I also deleted the wifi profile off my playbook and added it again.

Thanks again guys for all the help you gave me!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-13 07:40 AM
31 12