I know this has been asked before, but no definitive answer was given.

Does the PlayBook have international warranty? As in if I buy a Playbook from US and I am in Europe and it breaks, I'm dead or not?
    11-30-11 06:59 AM
    You are probably covered if you buy from an authorized seller, have proof of purchase, it was legally imported (paid duties/taxes ) and RIM has a presence in your country. If Blackberry is distributed by a third party in your country, you may have a problem.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-30-11 at 07:21 AM.
    11-30-11 07:19 AM
    How do I find if RIM is the official distributor in my country? I'm from Romania.

We have BlackBerryes on all the carriers, we had the 9900 for a month and a few days now, we have BIS/BES but no country option on shopblackberry.com
    11-30-11 07:32 AM
    You may have to do some research to find out if Rim is distributed by a third party in your country.

In regards to the phones, your carrier may buy them direct from Rim and the carrier usually deals with the warranty.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-30-11 at 07:43 AM.
    11-30-11 07:40 AM
    Well, i think it is. Searched a little bit and remembered we have BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Worldwide Landing and AppWorld.

But can't find a service :-?
    11-30-11 07:42 AM
    I bought mine from BestBuy, San Diego, CA, USA but I am now at Qatar and no RIM doesn't have official repair shops or retails but Vodafone Qatar has premission to import RIM Products directly from RIM not from UAE as others.

Also the only proof document of paying.. Is the Bank statement I don't think I still have the recipt so is my PlayBook under international warranty and can get RMA or not?
    11-30-11 07:50 AM
    Yeah, we need somebody that knows for sure. Nobody?
    11-30-11 09:29 AM
    Romania doesn't appear to be on the list of countries for the warranty.

BlackBerry - PlayBook Limited Warranty

That does mean that it's not covered, but it's definitely not listed. Qatar is listed.
    11-30-11 12:00 PM
    Hi. There is no RIM here in the Philippines. The retailers will only repair units that were sold by them. They are willing to repair, but I will have to pay charges, warranty will be considered as void. We got ours from Best Buy in Illinois. The nearest RIM is in Singapore. If we bring it there, will they service it? I have print out of Best Buy receipt.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Neddy
    02-11-13 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD